Rasheed Wallace Signs With Lakers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

Re: Rasheed Wallace Signs With Lakers

In Response to Re: Rasheed Wallace Signs With Lakers:
    [QUOTE]The Lakers will sign Rasheed Wallace so that the Lakers can trade Pau Gasol for Rondo and JO? Thanks, Jimmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Maybe they will trade Rasheed , Blake and Walton for Rondo....lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rasheed Wallace Signs With Lakers : 37 years old but you have to respect his ability and big game presence.
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]
    big gut presence, more likely.  I mean,really?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rasheed Wallace Signs With Lakers : McRoberts and Murphy are both tradable next month(March 1).  Looks like the first of another move. 
    Posted by kobedaman[/QUOTE]

Yea they are probably lining up with offers for those two.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rasheed Wallace Signs With Lakers :   only time I've ever said it.  People that don't care about either team saw that game and couldn't believe the NBA was a credible organization.  and it sounds like your making comments against me to encourage your Laker troll friends to join in on your side, pathetic.    That game was a rip off and anyone that's not a Laker fan can see it clearly.  Every other commercial during that finals was an add where Kobe Bryant was counting off to five, to a Beatles song called "all together now".  It was the industry creating the narrative about victory for him.  Just disgusting!  And then he did his best Paul Pierce impersonation after the final buzzer, running up and down the court with his MVP trophy as though he was the only one on the team.   
    Posted by passfirst[/QUOTE]

Actually a lot of people I know that could care less for the Celtics or Lakers compared game 7 to a couple of the game the Lakers got the same type calls against Sacremento. Anyone that watched that series knows what I mean. It was pretty much the same in our series but it was mainly the second half of game seven.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rasheed Wallace Signs With Lakers : You really think we deserved to win that Game 7?  Give credit where credit it due. The Lakers stepped up, the Celtics didn't.

Both team deserved to win.  I think what he was saying was officiating shouldn't have been noticeable in the 4th quarter of a game 7.  When everything was as one sided as the 4th quarter was it doesn't look right.  It would have been a lot better if it wasn't so one sided and we lost.  I remember the LA-Sacrament series a few years ago.  They were very similar. The Dallas Miami series a few years ago was pretty much the same.  The players should be deciding these game and not officials having a impact.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rasheed Wallace Signs With Lakers : Seriously, Gasol had 9 offensive rebounds, the Celts, as a team, only had 8 offensive rebounds. The Lakers ended up with 23 total offensive rebounds. Ray Allen only made 1 FG in the 1st 3 qtrs of that Game 7. Rondo only made 1 FG in the 4th qtr. Pierce shot the ball poorly. KG 0 offensive rebounds and only 3 total rebounds. It was there for the taking! Our Big 4 just didn't rise to the occasion.

You are right on all your statements here, but you left out we played just as hard as they did and played excellent defense. KOME shot it horrible but he rebounded. Yes rebounding played a huge part in the overall part but we are just looking at the 4th quarter.  That has nothing to do with what happened with rebounding, shooting, etc in the first half or any of the other games.  We deserved it just as much as they did.  Simply saying the refs impacted it big time in the 4th quarter, and that is what I didn't like. I am the only Celtic fan in the town I live in and everyone that watched that game says we got hosed. These are Mavs\Rockets\Spurs\OKC fans that are saying this.  They actually dislike the Celtics more than I dislike the Lakers if that is possible. I also in all my years of watching ball have never seen the Lakers get the short end of the officiating like that. Not even in a regular season game.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rasheed Wallace Signs With Lakers : That's why home court advantage is so important in the Finals. Rarely do home teams lose in the NBA Finals in a Game 7. The oddsmakers in Vegas gave the Celts a +7 advantage in that game. I mean it's a Game 7 in an NBA Finals and they gave the road team +7. Interesting.

Pretty much the same in all sports.  The Rangers would be world champs in baseball except they have a stupid allstar rule.  I know KY you don't agree.  Thats OK i wouldnt agree if I were you either.  Fact is home teams win more in playoffs that road teams, in all sports.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rasheed Wallace Signs With Lakers : That's why home court advantage is so important in the Finals. Rarely do home teams lose in the NBA Finals in a Game 7. The oddsmakers in Vegas gave the Celts a +7 advantage in that game. I mean it's a Game 7 in an NBA Finals and they gave the road team +7. Interesting.

Every day, Fierce, you sound more and more like me!!  HOME TEAM WINS in the NBA.  Hubie Brown said it is the single biggest advantage in all of sports.  In 2010,  I did a little research, which I posted on here.  The HOME team won 74% of the time.  And I don't make excuses, we lost that game.  I don't have a problem with us shooting only 17 FT;s - we took mostly jump shots.  BUT.....some of the calls in favor of the home team were highly suspect.  Ray's foul on koME and Gasol's travel leap to mind.  I have never said that if the game was called "fairly" we win......I have also never said if we had Perk, we win.  What I have said is this....................if Game 7 in 2010 was in Boston....WE WIN!  You are turning into  a very smart man, Fierce!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rasheed Wallace Signs With Lakers : You really expect the refs to bail us out on the road? Gasol got 18 rebounds, KG only got 3. As a matter of fact, Gasol had more offensive rebounds(9) than the whole Celts team(8 total offensive rebounds)! That's domination! Pierce always struggles against Artest. Even when Artest was still playing for Indy. Remember, when we won a championship in 2008 it was Luke Walton and Vladimir Radmanovic guarding Pierce.
    The Celtics were outrebounded because the calls went one way in that last period. Watch it again. If the Lakers had not been bailed out time after time and the other side was getting called every time they played hard back it would effect the game and the way you rebounded. The officials needed to let the players play on both sides.  Remember the bail out call on Ray where he never touched and Kobe got three free throws. No excuse for the fatigue but the game was given to the other team in the last six minutes.  We should have won and persevered but the referees let the other side get an unfair advantage. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rasheed Wallace Signs With Lakers : The Celtics were outrebounded because the calls went one way in that last period. Watch it again. If the Lakers had not been bailed out time after time and the other side was getting called every time they played hard back it would effect the game and the way you rebounded. The officials needed to let the players play on both sides.  Remember the bail out call on Ray where he never touched and Kobe got three free throws. No excuse for the fatigue but the game was given to the other team in the last six minutes.  We should have won and persevered but the referees let the other side get an unfair advantage. 
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

It's what I've been saying - the home team gets bailed out.  Not just the lakers, but every home team in the playoffs!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rasheed Wallace Signs With Lakers : Like I said, it's a given that the refs will be more partial to the home team if it's Game 7 of a Finals.  The Mavs last year were in the same situation, heading back to Miami for Game 6 and 7. But the Mavs never allowed a Game 7. The Celts should have closed it out in Game 6. 

At the end of game 2 of the 2010 Finals Pierce said they weren't coming back to LA. That statement didn't become reality. When a team gives up 23 offensive rebounds in a game, you can't expect to win that game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rasheed Wallace Signs With Lakers : Like I said, it's a given that the refs will be more partial to the home team if it's Game 7 of a Finals.  The Mavs last year were in the same situation, heading back to Miami for Game 6 and 7. But the Mavs never allowed a Game 7. The Celts should have closed it out in Game 6. 
    There is no doubt about that.  The Celtics if they hads shut down Derek Fisher(Fisher of all people Rondo!) in game three had the series in game 5.  Still my point is a game seven that takes such a turn in the last period to make it close was almost impossible to win.  If you look at the calls that game that bailed the Lakers out and the no calls that the Celtics allowed the Lakers to rebound with impunity without worry of being called for them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I agree - if that series went 7, the Heat win!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Ya Know, Sheed played well for us in Game 7 but overall, despite being a 7 footer, he's not a banger and really prefers to compete with Pierce & Allen shooting 3s. I won't miss him.

RE: Loss game 7 I'm still pissed and it hurts as much as Patriots loss to Giants. But it was ours for the taking. We blew a 13 pt lead. Yup, I know we didn't have Perkins so lost the battle of the rebounds but LA did not play championship calibre BB. They shot 32%, their Avatar guy who walks on water shot 6/24 or 25% and we shot 40%. Biggest problems were the egregious difference in foul shots, 41 to 18 I think and at least half their 41 in the 4th Qtr, Gasol doing a Dancing with the Stars 3-4 step move for a dunk not being called for travelling in last 1-2 minutes, a foul call on Allen when he didn't even touch Kobe resulting in 2 foul shots and some cold shooting at crunch time by Pierce and Allen. Bad luck maybe but Allen breaks 3 pt scoring in game 4 or 5, I forgot, with 7 in first half and 8/11 in game. Sure wish he didn't break record & saved 1-2 for last few minutes. Then Fisher, who is a good 3 pt shooter, made one but Artest make a 3 that was a dagger. I mean we only lost by 4 points...we were so close. Again, I'm beating a dead horse I know, but one or two baskets by Pierce, Allen or a drive to the basket by Rondo. Ok, enough already, I'm getting angry again about the loss.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Huge move. Probably elevates them to the top team coming out of the West.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]
    You are joking.  Very good.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]Ya Know, Sheed played well for us in Game 7 but overall, despite being a 7 footer, he's not a banger and really prefers to compete with Pierce & Allen shooting 3s. I won't miss him. RE: Loss game 7 I'm still pissed and it hurts as much as Patriots loss to Giants. But it was ours for the taking. We blew a 13 pt lead. Yup, I know we didn't have Perkins so lost the battle of the rebounds but LA did not play championship calibre BB. They shot 32%, their Avatar guy who walks on water shot 6/24 or 25% and we shot 40%. Biggest problems were the egregious difference in foul shots, 41 to 18 I think and at least half their 41 in the 4th Qtr, Gasol doing a Dancing with the Stars 3-4 step move for a dunk not being called for travelling in last 1-2 minutes, a foul call on Allen when he didn't even touch Kobe resulting in 2 foul shots and some cold shooting at crunch time by Pierce and Allen. Bad luck maybe but Allen breaks 3 pt scoring in game 4 or 5, I forgot, with 7 in first half and 8/11 in game. Sure wish he didn't break record & saved 1-2 for last few minutes. Then Fisher, who is a good 3 pt shooter, made one but Artest make a 3 that was a dagger. I mean we only lost by 4 points...we were so close. Again, I'm beating a dead horse I know, but one or two baskets by Pierce, Allen or a drive to the basket by Rondo. Ok, enough already, I'm getting angry again about the loss.
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]
    Now I really hope Sheed does sign with Lakers. It will be a welcome sight to have a big maul some runt coming down the lane or hanging all over the back of a big trying to get an easy bucket, like Sheed did to Gasol in 2010 Finals. If Sheed wants to shoot an occasional three all is good as long he does what World Peace USE TO DO. Maybe it will light a fire under the Lakers azz in the second half where we seem to continually throw away games. Welcome aboard S H E E D! Cool

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rasheed Wallace Signs With Lakers : Now I really hope Sheed does sign with Lakers. It will be a welcome sight to have a big maul some runt coming down the lane or hanging all over the back of a big trying to get an easy bucket like Sheed did to Gasol in 2010 Finals. If Sheed wants to shoot an occasional three all is good as long does what World Peace USE TO DO. Maybe it will light a fire under the Lakers azz in the second half where we seem to continually throw away games. Welcome aboard S H E E D!
    Posted by kobedaman[/QUOTE]

So, kobeismrnba, Bynum taking out the smallest player in the league wasn't enough for you?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Wallace will be better for them that Troy Murphy.  If he gives them spot minutes and allows them to be big while Bynum is out of Gasol is out, then he'll help them. I'm guessing Danny did not want Wallace because he's been hinting all year that he wanted to come back and he hung out in Boston for a while.  I think he wanted the Celtics first and Danny didn't want him.  But, I'm the lone voice in saying that since we have to play center by committee, I would rather have him for 10 mins a game with a one year deal than to have to go small in so many games.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I was always a fan of Rasheed and if he is able to contribute could have been a great addition to this team.  You can never have enough big men.  I was told that he is still living in the Boston area in the Topsfield/Boxford area.  Someone told me that their niece goes to school with his son and they live in Mass. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

They are still denying it on the LA Times.  They say it is ONE reporter who says it's  an "80 percent" chance he will sign with LA.

Ah, the drama!!

Sections
Shortcuts