RASHEED WALLACE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

RASHEED WALLACE

I have tried to ask this question many times, and haven't received many responses.  Does anyone else think that Danny should have signed Rasheed when he had those roster spots available?  I thought they would be taking a chance since he hasn't played for an entire season, and needed some time to get back into basketball shape.  It could have worked out for the Celtics if he joined the team and could have contributed and was indeed in decent shape.  He would have had some playing time before the playoffs began to get familiar again with the defense and playing with the entire team again.   You can never have enough big men.  Just would like to hear what others think. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Re: RASHEED WALLACE

What makes you think he wanted to come back though?? I truly believe when Sheed said he was through, HE WAS THROUGH.

Why do you think the local media never said anything about him coming back?

It's only a few BDC members who wishfully think he would come back. The man has a championship with the Pistons, he made a ton of money in his NBA tenure.

The man now wants to be with his family...LET IT GO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

The fact that you have asked this question many times, and been ignored many times, pretty much tells you what everyone else thinks.  I gave him every benefit of the doubt last year, and he still disappointed me 80% of the time.

I'm all for Danny taking a chance on resurrecting careers (Sheed, Starbury, JON . . .), but he knows how and when to cut his losses, which makes him a good GM.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Thanks to both of you for replying to my thread.  I would imagine that you  both may be right.  Maybe Rasheed didn't want to come back if he was indeed contacted by Danny.  Maybe Danny never contacted Rasheed since he thought that he wouldn't help this team.  We will never really know which scenario is right.  I really liked Rasheed and thought that he still could have contributed during the playoffs this year.   We will never have a chance to find out since he never rejoined the team. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

He wanted to come back according to Stephen A....and I would have been the first to shake his hand...he was amazing!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to RASHEED WALLACE:
    [QUOTE]I have tried to ask this question many times, and haven't received many responses.  Does anyone else think that Danny should have signed Rasheed when he had those roster spots available?  I thought they would be taking a chance since he hasn't played for an entire season, and needed some time to get back into basketball shape.  It could have worked out for the Celtics if he joined the team and could have contributed and was indeed in decent shape.  He would have had some playing time before the playoffs began to get familiar again with the defense and playing with the entire team again.   You can never have enough big men.  Just would like to hear what others think. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]susan, its clear that the CELTS never really bought into sheed after his first month. they had buyers remorse. his personality simply didnt gell with the big 4 or with doc or ainge. had we been totally desperate perhaps.. doc and ainge were fairly certain both jo and shaq were returning. in that case, y bother... if we dont get our ring your point and others about perk, will and should all come back to the fore. sure they werent expecting shaq to return after all that time off and after being shot up to only play 5 minutes before being hurt again. but as doc has always said, he just needed one of them to be healthy, thats been jo so far. i'm sure this is how they talk behind the scenes as well.

changing subjects, i sent u a friend invite, check your profile. you always make great points and show good judgment.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Rasheed Is Past tense. Let's focus on Boston/Miami series.

Sections
Shortcuts