Rating the Eastern Conference 2010-2011.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Re: Rating the Eastern Conference 2010-2011.

The Eastern conference may be stronger than the Western conference this season. Time will tell once the season is finished by tallying the records of teams of Western vs. Eastern conference.
       I debated this with a blogger in 2008 and the Eastern conference had a better record in head to head play vs. the Western conference.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Walton, it's a simple analysis but fairly accurate in my view, and an interesting topic. 

I would just say that the Bulls are going to be definitely better - how much better remains to be seen but it's too early to say what their ceiling is this year - I could see them in the top three with Celts and Heat, but also not quite there, we'll see. 

Magic seem like pretenders but Howard is working hard on his game...but I'll believe in the Magic when they win something important. Regular season wins won't do much for them. 

I feel like one team we're not expecting is going to emerge but I can't think of who that would be. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

I'm fine, just switch Boston and Miami

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Rating the Eastern Conference 2010-2011.:
    Miami Heat-high talent level and youth Boston Celtics- know how to win. Orlando Magic-still dumb Chicago Bulls-Noah is underrated. They're better. Atlanta Hawks-Good at home. A year older. No more mature. Milwaukee Bucks-going to be hurt by Bogut not being 100%.                  Other than that, forget about it. I just looked at each teams roster and the team's are woeful. Some of these clubs like Charlotte might beat you on their home floor if they are playing well but overall the Eastern Conference is terrible. Embarrassingly bad. The Havlicek/Cowens teams or the Bird/DJ/McHale/Parish teams would beat any of these clubs {other than Miami, Boston, Orlando, Chicago, and a healthy Milwaukee} by 50 {on a bad night.}
    Posted by walton

Don't underestimate Charlotte.  They have the best coach in the league, IMO,they give teams fits at home.........and oh yeah, they have Kwame Brown!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I don't think the Magic will win a championship until Dwight Howard becomes a nastier player. He's too nice for his own good. The Magics top priority to take them over the top is an enforcer type to work alongside Howard. Duncan became that for David Robinson with San Antonio.

Picks in the East for what it's worth; Miami, Celtics, Magic and Bulls.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Rating the Eastern Conference 2010-2011.:
    Other than that, forget about it. I just looked at each teams roster and the team's are woeful. Some of these clubs like Charlotte might beat you on their home floor if they are playing well but overall the Eastern Conference is terrible. Embarrassingly bad. The Havlicek/Cowens teams or the Bird/DJ/McHale/Parish teams would beat any of these clubs {other than Miami, Boston, Orlando, Chicago, and a healthy Milwaukee} by 50 {on a bad night.}
    Posted by walton

Throw into that mix the Johnson/Worthy/Jabbar Lakers, Jordan/Pippen Bulls and Drexlers Trailblazers sides. They'd toy with the current teams.

Skill levels and basic fundamentals seem to be lacking in todays league.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

In Response to Re: Rating the Eastern Conference 2010-2011.:
    In Response to Rating the Eastern Conference 2010-2011. : Throw into that mix the Johnson/Worth/Jabbar Lakers, Jordan/Pippen Bulls and Drexlers Trailblazers sides. They'd toy with the current teams. Skill levels and basic fundamentals seem to be lacking in todays league.
    Posted by RUWorthy

Wholeheartedly agree with you. Add also the Mo Cheeks/Andrew Toney/Mose Malone/Julius Erving 76er's.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

lets go heat!!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to Re: Rating the Eastern Conference 2010-2011. : wow ,.........Dwight nice????????? just because he has a Colgate smile.......Dwight could be compared to Lambeer......ok not qute as bad........but he definitely has Dikembe elbows flying........esp off the ball........watch him.......and don't let the Isaiah Thomas smile fool you.........he is definitely not on the nice side of dirty
    Posted by damfuno

I agree. Dwight Howard is a very tough and aggressive player. He's probably the most intimidating defender in the NBA.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Rating the Eastern Conference 2010-2011. : wow ,.........Dwight nice????????? just because he has a Colgate smile.......Dwight could be compared to Lambeer......ok not qute as bad........but he definitely has Dikembe elbows flying........esp off the ball........watch him.......and don't let the Isaiah Thomas smile fool you.........he is definitely not on the nice side of dirty
    Posted by damfuno

I agree with you.  Dwight is definitely not nice.  We were lucky last year during the playoffs that we didn't have any injuries to any of the Celtics players. 

Sections
Shortcuts