RAY: 63% from the field, 56% from 3... it was a WISE choice!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: RAY: 63% from the field, 56% from 3... it was a WISE choice!

Hmmm... can you also find me all the 3 games samples from Lee's 4 year career and Terry's 13 year career where they shot 63/56...

I bet you Ray will end the year around 47/43, and Lee and Terry both around 45/38 and since they are better ballhandlers, shot creators and defenders they will be better for the C's in the long run.

But thanks for the small sample update;-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"But thanks for the small sample update;"

another Ray Allen thread? Really? Can you maybe do these as monthly updates at least? 

Ray was a good Celtic and he made a good choice for himself, on that we agree. 

Here's where we part: I'm done talking about him. Can we move on soon?

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

extra 0 there Kirk?

And Commie... Ray felt insulted that Doc was on the phone with Terry at midnight and barely contacted him. If we'd made Ray priority #1 and given him a deal closer to KG's, maybe in the 3 year 20-24 million range, there is no full-MLE to afford Terry, only the mini-MLE at 3m. Thats what it would have cost... it wouldn't have EVER been Terry for 5m then Ray for 6m.

So yeah if we made the serious ego-stroking 3rd year extra cash, all the players call Ray effort needed to keep him there would have been no Terry and only an unknown player who was given the 3m MLE... obv. we don't know who that would've been to make the analysis complete... I guess we could've kept Steamer with it.

but whether its Ray vs. Lee or Ray vs. Terry and Lee there is still Avery Bradley to consider. He took Ray's job... he would eventually be taking it again this year, or at least deserving MAJOR mins, and neither Ray or Avery are PG's and Terry can at least pass as one the same way House and Dooling did.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Ray's body breaks down during a long season, and he becomes a defensive liability.

Miami wastes $30 million dollars.

I've got the Heat paying RayRay 3mil/year for 3 years.

Right now he's LOOKING LIKE  a 10mil/year player.

So I understand exactly where you are coming from.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Ray's body breaks down during a long season, and he becomes a defensive liability.

Miami wastes $30 million dollars.

I've got the Heat paying RayRay 3mil/year for 3 years.

Right now he's LOOKING LIKE  a 10mil/year player.

So I understand exactly where you are coming from.

Pud

A hall of fame player with still plenty of game left for 3mil a year--Miami got a steal...not only that, but Ray looks like the Ray before Doc told him to go stand in the corner for the last five years---Now in Miami: he's going coast-to-coast, dribbling behind his back, driving to the hole, falling on the ground fighting for lose balls...D@mn!

His stats tonight: 15points 3-4 from 3s...on only 9 shots--6 rebounds and 6 assists...D@mn!  Miami is already labeling Lebron, Wade, Bosh and Ray The Fantastic Four....Thanks Rondo!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to darkman20's comment:

A hall of fame player with still plenty of game left for 3mil a year--Miami got a steal...not only that, but Ray looks like the Ray before Doc told him to go stand in the corner for the last five years---Now in Miami: he's going coast-to-coast, dribbling behind his back, driving to the hole, falling on the ground fighting for lose balls...D@mn!

His stats tonight: 15points 3-4 from 3s...on only 9 shots--6 rebounds and 6 assists...D@mn!  Miami is already labeling Lebron, Wade, Bosh and Ray The Fantastic Four....Thanks Rondo!

Turns out that there is LAR... Life After Rondo... for someone who wins a reprieve/release/full pardon from basketball's infamous DBR... AKA, death by Rondo... gulag.

The Heat enjoy the Fantastic 4 while the Cs get to tout  the Now Shrinking BIG 2.5!

Pud 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Right.  Allen is shooting far better over the first four games then he will for the rest of the season.

Good point.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Ray is going to get good looks down there with Wade and Lebron.  He would not get them here.  I don't miss Ray and we will not regret losing him.  We will regret not having someone of size and skill upfront.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Ray is going to get good looks down there with Wade and Lebron.  He would not get them here.  I don't miss Ray and we will not regret losing him.  We will regret not having someone of size and skill upfront.

Its more than good looks. Ray is having fun again playing bb. 15/6/6 is a great stat line.

Maybe Fierce will resusitate his (in)famous Occupy Rondo campaign as trade deadline approaches.

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Its more than good looks. Ray is having fun again playing bb. 15/6/6 is a great stat line.

Maybe Fierce will resusitate his (in)famous Occupy Rondo campaign as trade deadline approaches.

Pud

Allen wont keep up that stat line.  He wont keep shooting over 60 percent from the floor and 50 percent from 3. Don't you know that?

Do you follow basketball at all?  Do you think Allen at his age will now shoot better, and have more rebounds and more assists then he ever has in his career? This isn't complicated stuff.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Pud

Allen wont keep up that stat line.  He wont keep shooting over 60 percent from the floor and 50 percent from 3. Don't you know that?

Do you follow basketball at all?  Do you think Allen at his age will now shoot better, and have more rebounds and more assists then he ever has in his career? This isn't complicated stuff.

Snake you are talking to a small-mind brick wall of a person who is filled with petty insecure hate that he needs to direct at Rondo in any way possible. The stats and reality of all situations Celtic/NBA related have proved Pud wrong for years.... but he ignorantly continues his smear campaign and vendetta.

It is a lonely sad life he leads.

I only wish the ignore button was here so I, and a dozen others at least, could stick him back on it and not have to see his anti-Celtic trash posts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

~~~~~~~~~~~~...i really don't want to talk about Ray anymore.....all i know, he's ankle will not last....it will give way soon

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

stats that you forgot-

ray is 20% on defense.  20% of an elite defensive player

125% of a turnover machine when he puts the ball on the floor

0% of a ball handler in traffic

he's a predictable stand still and shoot guy from here on out.  if miami can create enough motion, he'll score some points.  if the game slows down, like it does a lot in BOS, he's a liability.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

and by the way, if you want to lament "numbers about a player" 3 games into a season- look at glen davis.  he's averaging 25.5 pts, 9 rebs, 2.5 dimes and 1 Steal so far.

i'm sure he's improved some over last year, but it ain't going to last like that.  right?

so WHO CARES what ray's done through 3 games.  between his crankles and mike miller's broken back, MIA will be lucky to have one of them on the floor doing what they need when the music stops in the playoffs.  very lucky

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Acie:

RA's crankles served him pretty well in 2007-08 after they were scoped. I remember him one on one blowing by SashaV for the clincher if memory serves me.

He's older now but his freshly scoped ankles may endure less wear/tear coming off the bench w/ the floor fully spread so he doesn't have to work so hard to get open.

The notion that he's driving to the hoop, dishing and rebounding in addition to 3-balling is unbelievable.

Will it last???

Stay tuned, RayRay fans. Others may avert their eyes.

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Acie:

RA's crankles served him pretty well in 2007-08 after they were scoped. I remember him one on one blowing by SashaV for the clincher if memory serves me.

He's older now but his freshly scoped ankles may endure less wear/tear coming off the bench w/ the floor fully spread so he doesn't have to work so hard to get open.

The notion that he's driving to the hoop, dishing and rebounding in addition to 3-balling is unbelievable.

Will it last???

Pud

I love Ray. I dont wish bad things on him.

I just know something about basketball.  Ray could should 48 percent from the floor this year and shoot 40 from 3.

He isn't going to keep playing at this pace.  Anyone but a fool would know that.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In response to darkman20's comment:

Turns out that there is LAR... Life After Rondo... for someone who wins a reprieve/release/full pardon from basketball's infamous DBR... AKA, death by Rondo... gulag.

The Heat enjoy the Fantastic 4 while the Cs get to tout  the Now Shrinking BIG 2.5!

Pud 

LoL.. I am laughing at loud.

You guys know that none of that good stuff counts for the Ray haters.

They got their reasons and their own twisted logic.

I agree on this:  Ray's got a lot left in the tank, and the Heat got a real bargin. 

As Bob Neumy used to say, Why can't we get players like that?

Lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:

Danny Ainge is the most incompetent GM in all of sports.

Jerry Jones even has him beat.

ROTFLMAO!!!

So, you crawled out of your hole.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Acie:

Will it last???

Pud

absolutely not.  it cannot last.  he did not make it through last season. 

he's on his third ankle surgery.  the only chance for ray to "last" is if they don't use him much.  and then how do you keep conditioning?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Ray's averaging 28min/game at this point in the season.

Last year he averaged 34min/game and ranged from 34 to 36.5min/game during his tenure in Beantown.

Prior to Boston, he was in the high 30's to low 40's per game every season.

The Heat should limit him to 18-20minutes/game and keep him fresh for the PO's.

Considering that he will be carrying less of a load in Miami and getting a lot of open looks, he has a better chance of staying healthy there than here.... and a lot more productive too.

KG and PP should be envious of RA's situation of being able to play less and do more.

Pud

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Ray Allen started last season in his first 4 games averaging 20 points, 58% on 3's and 58% on FG's... yawn, how'd that turn out?

In 16 games last January he shot 55% on 3's... in 33.8 mins... what happened? waitt for it..

Oh he missed 21 of the last 27 regular season games then was seriously hobbled in the playoffs where he shot 30% on 3's.

Ray went to 5 postseasons with the Celtics and the results were VERY mixed... his best years were the two that the C's went down in the 2nd rd. In the '10 finals ONE more game of Ray hitting even TWO 3's would have landed us a title when he went 0-8 gm 2 vs. LA and 2-7 in game 7 vs. LA. Then this past June he was 7-20 on 3's and averaged 11 points and terrible D in the 4 losses vs. the Heat. Even when we won the title Ray shot under 40% on 3's in the playoffs and single-handedly let the Cleve series go 7, despite being only 32 at the time... not 37.

So no, Ray will NOT keep up his current hot streak based on any evidence from recent years... if he is healthy enough to hide behind the line and hit a high % of 3's as LeBron/Wade get double teamed he will MORE than make up for it on the other end with his awful defense and turnovers.

Just gotta make sure you have a hand in his face if its a final possession and he has a shot for the win. That is the ONLY time he will hurt you... if the Heat go offense/defense the last few mins, so you don't have a chance to take it to him at one end... while he hits dagger 3's at the other... that is the only time he clearly will help... and thats IF he is healthy.

Sections
Shortcuts