RAY: 63% from the field, 56% from 3... it was a WISE choice!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: RAY: 63% from the field, 56% from 3... it was a WISE choice!

The C's were 17-17 WITH A HEALTHY RAY ALLEN, whats not to get there CC?

The run where the C's went like 20-9 towards the end of the year came when Ray was 'hurt with the spurs'. 

The C's record was 1-3 in their first 4 games last year when Ray averaged 20 points on 58/58/100 shooting.

The C's were 11-10 at the end of January despite Ray being healthy, playing 33 mins and shooting an insane 55% from 3.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to darkman20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You can be considered a hater when you only forcus on the negative aspects (and on top use fals arguments).

You can be considered a fanboy when you only look at the positive aspects (see above).

1. Ray will not going to shot the same number like in the first 3 games. Terry and Lee will come around.

2. Ray was better than either Terry or Lee last year and without an injury it is not unlikely similiar this year.

3. Ray was always a starter and Star player. Lee is a journeyman and Terry was always a benchplayer (a great one though) --> There is a reason for that.

4. Terry NEVER was a better defense player than Ray. He is not focused and too small. Check what Doc said after what was a good defensive game of Terry: Celtics coach Doc Rivers said: â€ÂÂÂÂÂœAnd, you know, it’s funny, we left Jason in because he was playing great defense. That may be a first in his career that that’s ever been said about Jason Terry. ..."

5. Both Lee and Terry (and AB as well) are not better rebounders than Ray.

6. Lee (and AB) is not a better ball handler than Ray (Terry only a little).

7. Ray is not a turnover machine --> I proved that with facts several time.

8. Ray's defense is underappreciated --> prove last playoffs.

9. Over a long season: Terry & Lee & Allen might be better than Allen & AB due too the risc of injury --> but if healthy it might be the other way around.

10. Our biggest problem is NOT at the SG positions. SF and C is an issue so far. Green is terrible at the moment!

[/QUOTE]

Great post.  But wasted on Ray Allen haters.  To them, 1 turnover by Ray equals 5.  If he misses a shot, he's all washup and needs to be traded immediately.   

They won't even admit this simple truth:  The Celtics always started strong during the Ray Allen era.  

So why the slow start this year? What's different now?  Simple: No Ray Allen.

But they will never admit it; they will come up with this excuse and that exuse instead of the obvious: No Ray Allen.   Off course, now that Jeff Green has been thrown to the wolves, they now have their hopes on their other savior= Avery Bradly.  LOL  Sorry but it's simple delusion to think Avery Bradly will be the difference maker for Title contention...he will always be simply a role player at best; use as a diffensive stopper.

[/QUOTE]

It's hard to tell whether you are serious or not, by the end of February last year the Celtics were 17 and 17 with ray allen.  this year they are starting 3 and 3 without Ray Allen.  I dont know if you can figure that out without a calculator but its the same winning percentage.

[/QUOTE]

u haters keep wasting time bringing in ray's record AFTER he got hurt with the spurs. with healthy ray early in the season we were doing awesome. heck the team's record without ray was worse than that of the other 3 (incl rr, pp and kg)... 

[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about?  the Celtics started 17 and 17 last year with a healthy Ray Allen.

I guess being a hater means you have a brain and access to google.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Watching Miami-Memphis, Ray being Ray again, being blocked on a lay-up, turnover because he tries to be a playmaker, slow on D.

It was the right decision, also for the Celts to part ways.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

RA -23  for Heat

Lookin like a WISE choice tonite.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:
    [QUOTE]

RA -23  for Heat

Lookin like a WISE choice tonite.

[/QUOTE]

5 points.

It's a long season.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

TO me this is nonsense.

Extrapolating someones stats over a season based upon a few games. 

Ray's averaging many more assists.. I guess he just got tons better and also became a great ballhandler/playmaker since traded to Miami.. 

Oh, hes shooting lights out from the 3... he must be spending an extra 5 mins during his normal 23 hour practice shooting sessions.

A handful of games into the season and someone really making a thread about this?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ray was a great addition to the Celtics the year that they won the championship.  Although, I always thought that if the Celtics had acquired KG before they did, without Ray, they still could have been a championship caliber team.  I was always surprised that KG stayed with Minn.  He was always very loyal to his franchise, something that doesn't exist anymore.  If the Celtics had added KG about 5 years before they did, they just needed another good shooter.  If I remember correctly, the reaon the Celtics won the championship was because of KG and Pierce.  I never thought of Ray as the difference maker.  It would have been nice to see KG win a few more championships, if not with the Celtics, with some other team.   Does anyone agree with me?   

[/QUOTE]

Paul Pierce was the biggest reason why the Celts won the 2008 title.  And Ray Allen had to make the greatest sacrifice, yes.  Which basically means that the Celts rode the defense, anchored by KG and Perkins, and an offense anchored by Paul Pierce.  Posey was a key versatile contributor to both.  Eddie House provided his moments.  Ray did his part by playing decent defense and making the required offensive contributions.  In the large scheme, Ray was the 3rd. most significant contributor but not by much over Posey.

I am not a Ray hater.  I think that Ray made the best decision for himself as a player and not for financial reasons.  I have kept quiet about the back and forth sniping that has gone on between him and the Celts. He is a good fit in Miami and he makes Miami very strong.  But I also believe that Ray on the Celts would not be as effective.

Much as I remember Ray for his killer shooting, I also remember him getting abused by Wade. I remember him for his poor and scared finish of fast breaks, trying to aviod blocks from behind, poor spacing and missing the layups.  Ray's great game 7 against the Lakers in 2008 must be balanced against his scared performance against Miami in 2010 and 2011.  Ray is thriving in Miami as a 4th option behind LeBron, Wade and Bosh.  These three are a stronger combination than KG, Pierce and Rondo.  On the Celtics, Ray would not have been as effective.

So what is the problem here?  I don't get it.  Ray left twice the money to go to a situation where he will fit better as a player.  Did Danny try to keep him?  He did.  Would Ray have stayed if he had a better relationship with Rondo and if he was not shopped around?  No one can predict that.  Why would Ray have sacrificed the chance to play on a championship team and maximize his contributions at this point in his career?  Did the Celts need to explore options at 2?  Absolutely.  When and where will they find the solution is not yet known.  But status quo was definitely not an option.

Change happens.  The Celts have to search for a new identity.  That is irrespective of Ray.  Lets just remember Ray for his past contributions, treat him as a member of the enemy now and root for the Celts.  In 2007 the Celts got Posey because of the circumstances.  In 2012, Miami got Ray because of the circumstances.  It time to stop bashing Danny and Rondo for this.

[/QUOTE]
    Great post.  I believe that you are correct that Pierce is the biggest reason that we won the championship.  If I remember correctly, he was great against Cleveland and was better than Kobe in a couple of key games that gave us the championship. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Last two games Ray is averaging 5 points a game.

Wait.  Do you think it was too early to put up all the posts about how amazing Ray is?

Maybe?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

No? If he averaged 5 points a game over the first two games would you have put it up?

Seemed a little premature to me. allen averaging 12.6 in 27 minutes a game, Terry at 11.9 in 25 minutes a game?

Is it me or are those numbers getting closer together then they were after the first couple games when you put this post up?

Are you a Terry hater?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ray's body breaks down during a long season, and he becomes a defensive liability.

Miami wastes $30 million dollars.

[/QUOTE]

I've got the Heat paying RayRay 3mil/year for 3 years.

Right now he's LOOKING LIKE  a 10mil/year player.

So I understand exactly where you are coming from.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

What's he looking like now?

Sections
Shortcuts