Ray Allen and Greg Stiemsma for Marshon Brooks and Mehmet Okur

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Ray Allen and Greg Stiemsma for Marshon Brooks and Mehmet Okur

It works on ESPN Trade Machine.

Would you do it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Re: Ray Allen and Greg Stiemsma for Marshon Brooks and Mehmet Okur

I knew this is what you do best. Suggest trades that take away cap space Danny and the Celtics sought this offseason.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Nets likely wont give up Brooks unless it gets them Howard. Plus I think you can get better more proven talent than this package for Allen. I do like the idea of Okur though. Especially considering the Nets will likely be sellers when and if Howard gets traded somewhere else

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen and Greg Stiemsma for Marshon Brooks and Mehmet Okur:
    [QUOTE]I knew this is what you do best. Suggest trades that take away cap space Danny and the Celtics sought this offseason.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

Actually Okur is an expiring contract just like Ray!

Marshon is only making 1 mil like Greg.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen and Greg Stiemsma for Marshon Brooks and Mehmet Okur:
    [QUOTE]Nets likely wont give up Brooks unless it gets them Howard. Plus I think you can get better more proven talent than this package for Allen. I do like the idea of Okur though. Especially considering the Nets will likely be sellers when and if Howard gets traded somewhere else
    Posted by Accension13[/QUOTE]

Maybe they flip Lopez and Ray to Orlando?

This 3-way works financially:
    Boston- Okur and Brooks
    Orlando- Ray Allen,Lopez and Petro
    Nets- Dwight Howard

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In fantasy land like BDC I would do it.  In the real world this would never happen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Its reasonable, and it would address a couple of needs for the C's ( center and athletic SG ). Obviously, Orlando would want multiple picks in the deal (plus I really think they can get more from a deal with NY or LA). I wouldnt be opposed to this deal from a C's perspective, but I would hope Danny could get a little more for a package that includes Ray.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Change Petro to Stevenson then!

That's an awesome deal for everyone!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]Its reasonable, and it would address a couple of needs for the C's ( center and athletic SG ). Obviously, Orlando would want multiple picks in the deal (plus I really think they can get more from a deal with NY or LA). I wouldnt be opposed to this deal from a C's perspective, but I would hope Danny could get a little more for a package that includes Ray.
    Posted by Accension13[/QUOTE]

They are getting a younger Ray Allen (Brooks) and the expiring 10 mil off the cap that was coming with Ray.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Don't like Okur - but love Brooks!!

Give us Lopez and Brooks......maybe!

I just don't think ORL is going to trade DH.  If they let him walk, he loses about 25 mill, and I can't see that happening!!
    They have said all along they want to keep him. 
    Perhaps they will even become players for DWill!!

Nelson, Redick and Duhon makes it work - you could even throw in Okur and Hedo to sweeten the deal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]Don't like Okur - but love Brooks!! Give us Lopez and Brooks......maybe! I just don't think ORL is going to trade DH.  If they let him walk, he loses about 25 mill, and I can't see that happening!! They have said all along they want to keep him.  Perhaps they will even become players for DWill!! Nelson, Redick and Duhon makes it work - you could even throw in Okur and Hedo to sweeten the deal.
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Orlando would have cap space from Ray Allen( Pursue Kevin Love?), they would lose big this season but be players for Anthony Davis.

Anthony Davis and Lopez are quite the rebuilding blocks! (Plus Kevin Love potentially?)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

INTERESTING FOR SURE......  THIS YEARS N B A IS MORE ABOUT SHAPING ROSTERS FOR THE FUTURE....WINNING IS JUST A BY-PRODUCT !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ray Allen and Greg Stiemsma for Marshon Brooks and Mehmet Okur : They are getting a younger Ray Allen (Brooks) and the expiring 10 mil off the cap that was coming with Ray.
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

I see your point, and overall I think this trade idea would be an upgrade for the C's at both postions; however, I have my own biases/dream scenarios when it comes to a Ray Allen trade package. I like Brooks, but I would love for the C's to be able to get a bigger wing player with the athleticism to guard ( by guard I mean at least bother ) the Kobe's, Wade's, and LeBron's of the league.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

If AB can get the respect of the referees, he can guard those players a la Dumars/ Jordan match-ups.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrjRouvKoF4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_sMOwMB-WE&feature=related

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ray Allen and Greg Stiemsma for Marshon Brooks and Mehmet Okur : Orlando would have cap space from Ray Allen( Pursue Kevin Love?), they would lose big this season but be players for Anthony Davis. Anthony Davis and Lopez are quite the rebuilding blocks! (Plus Kevin Love potentially?)
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

Orlando would not have cap space to sign Love.
    If you add Petro and Lopez on their roster and subtract Dwight, their team salary is already about $56m. They would be $2-$4m under the cap.

Love might be signed by today.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Why the world a team who give up one of their younger stars of the team at the same time their team may not make into the playoff wanted Allen via trade?

Therefore, Allen is more likely be traded to a team that will make into the playoff. Only if Boston is on the way on not making to the playoff.  Also do not just trade Allen and get an "OK" player in return.  Either get a talent unhappy young player in return or get a draft pick.

Still I think Allen is the last guy I think of trading him.  Trade Garnett first!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

PLEASE TRADE ALLEN. DID YOU NOTICE HOW WELL WE PLAYED AGAINST ORLANDO WITHOUT HIM!!!!! WE PLAYED GREAT DEFENSE AND ACTUALLY GOT DEFENSIVE REBOUNDS. ALLEN TAKES AWAY FROM OUR GAME MORE THAN HE GIVES TO IT. WAY MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]PLEASE TRADE ALLEN. DID YOU NOTICE HOW WELL WE PLAYED AGAINST ORLANDO WITHOUT HIM!!!!! WE PLAYED GREAT DEFENSE AND ACTUALLY GOT DEFENSIVE REBOUNDS. ALLEN TAKES AWAY FROM OUR GAME MORE THAN HE GIVES TO IT. WAY MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by celticsince1958[/QUOTE]

And Rondo wasnt there either.  Maybe they should have traded Rondo too!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Earth to BDC readers:  orlando didn't show up for the game.  don't read too much into that one win.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

They are the same ones that were counting this team out early on!!!
    No were ready to go undefeated...???? I agree Orlando was on cruise control..
    lets see what happens this next game..Win this one, now we have something legit to stand on...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

no