Ray Allen: ankle sorenes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Ray Allen: ankle sorenes

Ray Allen dealing with daily ankle soreness Ray Allen admitted that he's dealing with soreness in his surgically-repaired ankle daily. "I still deal with soreness in my ankle that I work through every day," Allen said. This is concerning considering Mr. Shuttlesworth underwent offseason surgery, and it's not the first time he's said that the ankle will be an issue all year. He's been dealing with "discomfort in the ankle throughout the preseason," and although he hasn't missed any time, this is going to be something owners will have to monitor throughout the season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Ray Allen: ankle sorenes

Wade is out, too, so maybe they will get off to a bad start, and we can be in the hunt for best record.  Not wishing injury on anyone, it's already happened!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1381238-ray-allen-needs-to-stop-talking-about-the-boston-celtics-and-move-on 

That's not the only soreness he's feeling...contnuing to blame Rondo for his decisions..

This guy just keeps making himself look foolish..

.Rondo, to his credit has remained silent of the subject.

I hope he keeps it up...a sign of maturity..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

shame.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1381238-ray-allen-needs-to-stop-talking-about-the-boston-celtics-and-move-on 

That's not the only soreness he's feeling...contnuing to blame Rondo for his decisions..

[/QUOTE]
    Definitely agree with you.  Why does Ray continue to make negative comments about the Celtics?  He was offered more money from the Celtics, yet feels that he wasn't treated fairly by the Celtics.  What am I missing?  He just needs to shut his mouth.  It should be interesting to see how is treated upon his return to Boston.  I would imagine that most Celtics fans were already upset upon his joining one of the most disliked NBA teams in the league, yet he still needs to twist the facts and try to blame the Celtics organization. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Definitely agree with you.  Why does Ray continue to make negative comments about the Celtics?  He was offered more money from the Celtics, yet feels that he wasn't treated fairly by the Celtics.  What am I missing?  He just needs to shut his mouth.  It should be interesting to see how is treated upon his return to Boston.  I would imagine that most Celtics fans were already upset upon his joining one of the most disliked NBA teams in the league, yet he still needs to twist the facts and try to blame the Celtics organization. 

[/QUOTE]

wow susan. i don't think ive heard you be this stern...lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

ra should shut up .......... wish him no ill

just shut up and play

I am happy he is gone

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Aren't we glad we are not sitting around wondering if Ray's ankles are going to make a few game,  let alone the whole season and playoffs. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

He may call it quits, but if not he will be a liability rather than a weapon in Miami.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

and lets see what kind of plays get called just for him...what kind of screens get set for him..

and he definitely will not get Rondo like passes...lol..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

I don't understand this discussion and most of the comments.

Ray at the top his game was better than Terry and Lee ever will be. Last year his RS stats were better than Lee and Terry even at the age of 37. Without his injury the difference might have been even bigger. Actually Ray was by far our best player at the beginning of the season, as KG and Pierce came totally out of shape into the camp. I remember the discussions of Ray aging well, and Pierce and KG as over the hill gang just a few weeks before the big turnaround of last season.

By the way: Lee was kind of a journeyman and Terry not a starter for most of his career: There is a reason for that!

Ray was injured, yet he gave all he had and played through the pain in the play offs. His shot was off, but his defense and rebounding was good. Better than any defense I have EVER seen from Terry (who is small for a 2 guard and is known for mental lapses at defense). Lee seems to be an above average defender but is not a better rebounder than Ray (neither is Terry):

Allen decided to leave AFTER Terry was signed and even left money on the table. If a pro player is only going for the money the fans complain. If someone goes not for the money the fans complain as well.

As far as I remember it was the Celtics who started talking to the media before Allen did after Ray joined the heat.

In my opinion: We should thank Ray for 5 great years. We found great replacments in Lee and Terry (even though they are in my opinion not better than Ray), who seem to fit the celtic spirit and they did't had a recent surgery (which brings less risk).

Lee and Terry are better than a 37 year old Ray Allen. But are they better than Ray and Bradley (or Ray and Lee/Terry), that remains to be seen. If Ray is healthy he will do well in Miami, James' passing ability and the double teams for him will make up the loss of Rondos passing.

I wish Ray well, he can even score in bunches agains us in the upcoming game as long as we blow them out of the building.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Ray has to be thrilled to be away from R9R and catching on with a very good team. No buyer's regret here.

He was unhappy about the possible trade to the Suns because he and Rondo would be going together.

Keep talking RayRay.

Maybe you can flush our tempermental PG out into the open so that he will account for his part in a very toxic PG-SG relationship.

There is plenty of blame to go around... starting with RA for not getting into Rondo's grill the first time R9R threw a snit and "barked" at him.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ray has to be thrilled to be away from R9R and catching on with a very good team. No buyer's regret here.

He was unhappy about the possible trade to the Suns because he and Rondo would be going together.

Keep talking RayRay.

Maybe you can flush our tempermental PG out into the open so that he will account for his part in a very toxic PG-SG relationship.

There is plenty of blame to go around... starting with RA for not getting into Rondo's grill the first time R9R threw a snit and "barked" at him.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Boy!  Looks like you are going to be a very conflicted Celtics fan for a very lomg time.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

I know it is easy to live in stereotypes. Ray is only  shooter, bla bla...

Just look at the numbers of last post season:

Ray had above average rebound numbers for his position (and a some crucial ones for us at the end of games). It was Pierce who was killed on the boards.

If you watch the tapes you would hear the comments about Rays great defense in the post season, it was mention several times (even in this board). You can also see the below average numbers of his opponents in the post season.

By the way: Look at the numbers of last RS, Ray was better than Terry and Lee.

Next stereotype you will come up that Ray was a turnover machine. --> Look at the numbers which will proof you wrong.

Has anyone statistic who often a Celtic player went for a dunk or a layup last post season? I guess Ray is not as bad as you might think.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Ray was indeed a turnover machine for us imo.. His need to be a playmaker was concerning..  He's also a terrible ball handler and passer.  Maybe he hasnt been statistically credited with all his tournovers however...  how many times has he constantly dribbled into the corner with nowhere to go...gave up his dribble and wound down the shot clock before making a "jump ball" pass to an imaginery teammate and cost us a ridiculous shot before the buzzer?

Look, I dont even know what the stats say as I rarely rely upon them... I'm more the kind to watch the games and after seeing most of the Celtics games I can form an opinion.

Ray was a money shooter for us.. no doubt, he was a great spot up 3 point shooter..  nothing much else about his game impressed me.. honestly..  Towards the end his defense really suffered, his ballhandling always poor... 

Ill miss his end of game 3's that won us many... his 3 point shooting in general and the chemistry I thought he brought to the team... He always seemed a genuiniely good guy.

Fans prob gonna boo his good in Boston, so what. THey pay good $$ to boo or cheer.. who are you or anyone else to tell them not to?? If I could afford season tickets, Id boo him too when the HEat came to Boston.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Jason Terry in terms of intangibles is every bit the player Ray was at his  best.  He played for the Mavs as a sixth man and averaged the  same amount of points Ray did playing six minutes less.  Ray was great but do not dismiss Terry as a great player  Will he play like he did when he dismantled the Heat in games five and  six in 2011 who knows?  But keep in mind Jason Terry the last five years has been right there with Ray in stats and ahead of him with intangibles.  We will find out but Ray left knowing Terry was going to get his shots in crunch time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why does RA continue to make negative  comments  about the C's? 

He's in denial about walking away from a notrade deal for more money and won't admit it  to himself.  Hence  the blame game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Ray and his defense is like being at a Bull fight.  Olay!!!  His rebounds come from chasing his defender from behind.  When they miss their driving basket or pull up midrange shot, it puts him in perfect position to pull the board.  That's the least he can do.

Anyone on this board that feels his defense at this stage of his career, is anywhere close to just average is kidding only themselves.

True, Ray in his prime was far better than Lee or Terry, but he's not in his prime anymore and his skills are diminishing.  He had a trmendous year last season shooting wise but and that is a big BUT, he couldn't stay on the court.  The game has pounded his body and though the vast majority of his body is in tremendous shape.  The one thing he needs isn't and that's his ankles.  He needs to run and cut his butt off to get open and get a clear shot.

That will be extremely hard from here on out with bad ankles.  He won't get the lift he needs and will have a hard time staying on the court when his team needs him, just like last year.

It is not his fault, it is just reality.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

these crankles of ray's- now thrice rebuilt- it was a fantastic move that he poofed up his ego in the off season and left for miami to be a big sack of nothing for them.  he is not good on defense any more where he used to be passable.  bad crankles disable defensive competence, it's no fault of his.

we got the most we could have gotten out of ray and it's over.  period. 

along that same line of thought, i am wondering why pierce had to be signed for so long and the same with KG.  past a certain point, it's time to rebuild, sans the massive buyout payouts to guys who have already pocketed 200-400 million USD in the business.

unless we have a renaissance of young talent (unlikely), green comes back to more than 100% of what he was before he had heart surgery, and terry loses zero to age and fits in 100%, this is going to be a long year of trying to preserve veteran energy for the playoffs yet not land too low in the 1-8 game

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

between ray and mike miller, the heat better have a MASH team on the sidelines at all times

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ray is done.

We should send him a fruit basket for leaving.

[/QUOTE]

I would chip in.

One more for the record:

Did Rivers try to call Allen this offseason?: “I tried to call him. After the year we talked fine. Then when free agency started Ray didn’t return Danny’s calls or my calls, so I stopped trying,” said Rivers. “If you’ve been here for five years and I have to call you every 10 seconds in free agency, you probably don’t want to be here.” 

Did he notice Allen's hurt feelings during the season?: “You worry about a guy’s feelings, but you worry more about the team. If anything, Ray probably didn’t like that,” he said of his decision to start Bradley. “I’ll always look at myself first with Ray; he wanted to ball more and things like that. 

Rember after the Heat beat us,  how Ray stuck around to whisper in Lebrons ear,  talk to Wade.  Maybe it was in the works even back then?  We all said how classy it was that Ray stuck around.  Well we have found out how much class he has since he left and starting talking with reporters.  

I had no problem with him leaving,  his choice,  but his comments since he has gotten to Miami have since removed the word class that I had associated with Ray.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

these crankles of ray's- now thrice rebuilt- it was a fantastic move that he poofed up his ego in the off season and left for miami to be a big sack of nothing for them.  he is not good on defense any more where he used to be passable.  bad crankles disable defensive competence, it's no fault of his.

we got the most we could have gotten out of ray and it's over.  period. 

along that same line of thought, i am wondering why pierce had to be signed for so long and the same with KG.  past a certain point, it's time to rebuild, sans the massive buyout payouts to guys who have already pocketed 200-400 million USD in the business.

unless we have a renaissance of young talent (unlikely), green comes back to more than 100% of what he was before he had heart surgery, and terry loses zero to age and fits in 100%, this is going to be a long year of trying to preserve veteran energy for the playoffs yet not land too low in the 1-8 game

[/QUOTE]

Man you are one hard guy to make happy.   We were top 4 team at the worst last year.  KG and Paul can both play and play very good.  We have a top 4 point guard.  We just drafted a young stud that is going to get better and better.  A drafted a project them could pan out in a couple years.  We have some young guys like Bass, Green, Rondo, Sully, even Joesph for the future needs.  Terry,KG, Paul to give us stability for the next couple years and you don't like it.  We are set for the next couple years to make runs at the title.  After that we are in position to keep that opportunitiy alive with some tweaks.

You worry about money like its your own.  Maybe you think we should have went after Harden and gave him a max deal?

Sections
Shortcuts