Ray Allen carrying this Team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Ray Allen carrying this Team

Um, PLEASE watch the games!!

RA doesn't carry the team. RA is playing good right now. What's going to happen when RA goes in one of his usual slumps (and we've all seen it way too many times).

If anyone has carried this team this year it's been PP. KG is the glue but PP is the leader. We can't win #18 without KG but PP is the one who has kept things from coming totally apart. He has bad games but will come back and get the team on track.

So if you want to give all the credit to RA, fine. I just see it differently.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I agree with Bias that its not Ray carrying the team, but I do think that Ray doesn't get enough credit.  KG, Rondo, and PP all get credit but without Ray, I think people would be shocked at how the Celts struggle.  I think Ray IS the most consistent.  He has off games, but he has fewer off games than any of the others because most importantly, he's not been injured.  But, also, he is in great shape, and is doing intangibles and not just scoring.  The reason we won't have any all star starters is the same reason the Spurs won't have any - because our team is so balanced and EVERY one of the stars is critical.....including Ray.  Many will say he's replaceable, but I don't think the best shooter and the guy who moves best without the ball in the league is replaceable.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If you look at who has been the most consistent player. Ray has been this since the trade talk last year at the end of Feb.  Carrying this team is done mutually by the big four. Don't forget Rondo.  

Although the point guard position has now become the glamour position in the NBA.  Rondo has to keep pushing up his game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I can't believe Ray Allen wasn't even a candidate for player of the week.

Other nominees for the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week were Charlotte's D.J. Augustin, Golden State's Monta Ellis, Los Angeles Clippers' Eric Gordon and Blake Griffin, Memphis' Zach Randolph, New Orleans' David West and Emeka Okafor, Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant, Orlando's Dwight Howard, Phoenix's Steve Nash, San Antonio's Manu Ginobli and Tony Parker, Utah's Deron Williams and Washington's Nick Young

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

HAVE u see paul"s numbers? again the most underappreciated superstar nationally and right here amongst boston's fans! paul is the most indispensable overall celtic. kg is key for defense and reboundg. ray for 3 oint and outside shoooting, opening up the paint. has ray rebounded more? no.. are his assists up? no. has he improved his foul shooting? no... paul is actually shooting almost even with him from the ft line. paul is shooting over 40 percent from 3 and is shooting over 50% from the filed. oh yep he is still averaging almost 2 points more than ray ray. ray is key since he plays the MOST minutes amongst the big 3, at least til delonte comes back. i will say that because paul is shooting so well and has become much more dangerous overall, it is freeing up ray even more. teams dont want paul getting hot. ray is going to the hoop more but still mostly shoots it. shaq doesnt hurt things either since he demands so much attention inside. this team will b nasty come playiff time and wont pull a brady! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Who`s your favorite beatle? These arguments wher one postre denigtates ray and another paul  are,in my opinion ,silly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I think RA is going to go down as the best shooter in NBA history. HOWEVER, we he goes into a slump it gets ugly. Some on here were killing him last and during the finals after he hit 8 3's against the Lakers the next 4 games he couldn't throw it in the ocean.

It happened the year before last too. All shooters have slumps. So I appreciate RA but he's a marksmen and it's crucial that he's hitting shots or it becomes "when is he going to hit a shot"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen carrying this Team:
    I think RA is going to go down as the best shooter in NBA history. HOWEVER, we he goes into a slump it gets ugly. Some on here were killing him last and during the finals after he hit 8 3's against the Lakers the next 4 games he couldn't throw it in the ocean. It happened the year before last too. All shooters have slumps. So I appreciate RA but he's a marksmen and it's crucial that he's hitting shots or it becomes "when is he going to hit a shot"
    Posted by BiasLewis

Live by the three die by the three.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Different people on different nights have carried this team. Without Pierce you don't beat Orlando, same could be said with KG, and Allen and others. Ride Rays hot streak as long as possible. History agrees with BiasLewis. But to address the post headline, I don't believe he is carrying the team. He is one of the huge cogs in the machine.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Different people on different nights have carried this team. Without Pierce you don't beat Orlando, same could be said with KG, and Allen and others. Ride Rays hot streak as long as possible. History agrees with BiasLewis. But to address the post headline, I don't believe he is carrying the team. He is one of the huge cogs in the machine.
    Posted by OneNation

You hit the nail on the head.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

PP provides the oncourt leadership and "big shot", settle everyone down traits.

KG provides the emotion, energy and focus that it takes to get through an 82 game schedule.

RA provides the thrill, scoring spurts and "no lead is safe when he's on" mentality.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondo9Fan. Show RajonRondo9Fan's posts

We can't win 18 without Ray either he has carried us to some victorys I would agree with BiasLewis that Paul and KG have won more games for us but Ray is a important piece to Title num 18

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

We can't win 18 without Ray either he has carried us to some victorys I would agree with BiasLewis that Paul and KG have won more games for us but Ray is a important piece to Title num 18
    Posted by RajonRondo9Fan

All our starters are very important. The bench also but not to the degree of the starters. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

I don't know about the stats of this and that.  Who is up more on tuesday's in assists or ft's.  Don't care.  I watch the games that I can see here in PA and this year I would tend to agree with old school.  In the games that I have seen RA has either carried them or kept them in it to allow someone else to get the credit with 4th qtr. heroics.

Yes, on this team, anyone can be the star on any given night.  So really this debate is purely over inches not miles.  It is completely opinion not stats(figures never lie, but liars oft times figure).  My opinion agrees with old school, but maybe not as demonstratively.

However, one of his points cannot be debated.  RAY IS A PHENOMENAL ATHLETE.  At thirty-five(still just a puppy compared to me), Ray is just amazing.  Is anyone in the league in as great shape???  I doubt it.

PA

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I remember Doc saying two years ago. "Ray is the most important person in our offense."

When he said I said "huh". If you look at how the plays are run. Everything usually starts with Ray. Rondo is usually waiting on RA to come off a pick and then if that doesn't work, option 2, then 3, on and on.

I always thought the offense should be run through KG. I understand now that RA causes teams to switch, run guys over pick after pick. It sometimes is a decoy to get RA running off picks and put the focus on him and then go to the other side to PP.

Watch closely. You will see RA and PP playing "merry go round" with the bigs to see who is going to spring free.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Who's your favorite Beatle?  Lennon!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

I think Ray keeps getting better with the Celtics every year because he made a huge adjustment in the way he has to play in the Celtics system.  Playing with the team now for several years he's fuflly adjusted to being the best player he can be on the team.  A real pro at work every night.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I think Ray keeps getting better with the Celtics every year because he made a huge adjustment in the way he has to play in the Celtics system.  Playing with the team now for several years he's fuflly adjusted to being the best player he can be on the team.  A real pro at work every night.
    Posted by jeezem

I agree. The mere fact that Ray is shooting a career high 50% from the field is an indication that he's already comfortable with the Celtic offense.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

If I were putting money on the line, (happens occasionly), I would bet the house on Ray Allen for the last shot.

PP is good, but he is a risk to turn the ball over.  Gets himself into postions where he has to force the shot.

Nice to have a couple of guys who love taking the last shot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

If I were putting money on the line, (happens occasionly), I would bet the house on Ray Allen for the last shot. PP is good, but he is a risk to turn the ball over.  Gets himself into postions where he has to force the shot. Nice to have a couple of guys who love taking the last shot.
    Posted by CaptChris

I would bet on either one, but Ray is the one that can't dribble.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Both Ray and Paul are good options with the clock running down - nice to have two of 'em. 

Ray has been playing out of his mind and in some respects is our most important player. But only a blind man would claim he's the key when we can clearly see the impact KG has upon return. Our team has about four MVPs - not league MVPs but MVPs of our team. 

I had to take runrunrun off ignore to read his post (thought you were a Phoenix fan now so confused) but have to admit that was one of your least-trolly posts ever, well done. I'm putting you back on ignore for now but keep it up, if you stop talking about tattoos and race and "thugs" and international players and enjoy the games I'll take you off ignore for good.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Ray must have been born in Europe. Otherwise, why would run praise him?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Who's your favorite Beatle?  Lennon!!
    Posted by kyceltic

Me too

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I think RA is going to go down as the best shooter in NBA history. HOWEVER, we he goes into a slump it gets ugly. Some on here were killing him last and during the finals after he hit 8 3's against the Lakers the next 4 games he couldn't throw it in the ocean. It happened the year before last too. All shooters have slumps. So I appreciate RA but he's a marksmen and it's crucial that he's hitting shots or it becomes "when is he going to hit a shot"
    Posted by BiasLewis

It's not really a slump though when it comes to the mathematics of it all.

A guy manages to hit 40% of his 3 point shots during a season or career.
    One game he goes 8 for 10.

Is it a surprise that in a subsequent game that he can go 1 for 7? To me it does even out during a series or season. Big nights are counted by nights when guys don't shoot as well.

Sections
Shortcuts