Ray Allen for Lamar Odom

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Ray Allen for Lamar Odom

I heard Jackie Macmullan last night saying that Ray was the most likely to be traded.  She mentioned Dallas has interest in Ray and when she said that Odom was the obvious person to come back if there was a trade. The salaries match up pretty well and with Rondo less likely to be traded this seems like one of those moves that might be made.

Hardly a rebuild but a likely move.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Ray Allen for Lamar Odom

Didn't say it was a good idea. I think it could happen though.  Big trades talk usually end up with moves like this. Could we get more for him with Dallas?  Odom and Rondo I think would play well together.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

The irony of  an Odom for RayRay trade.

This would mark a new franchise low.

Talk about bad karma.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

As I said I hope it doesn't happen.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In Response to Ray Allen for Lamar Odom:
    [QUOTE]I heard Jackie Macmullan last night saying that Ray was the most likely to be traded.  She mentioned Dallas has interest in Ray and when she said that Odom was the obvious person to come back if there was a trade. The salaries match up pretty well and with Rondo less likely to be traded this seems like one of those moves that might be made. Hardly a rebuild but a likely move.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I'd hate to see Ray go just because he's so there when we need him. However, a motivated Big who is hell bent on Laker destruction(for trading him) might make a formidable bedfellow and cure some of our ills. Just leave the wife at home...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Odom for Allen is not a good trade. The C's would miss Ray's ability to stroke those 3's. Odom gives you some size, but the guys mind is elsewhere. No deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

H E double tooth picks to the NO!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Please..............bye bye Allen!!!!!!!!!!!!! No defense, no passing, hardly gets to the foul line. No clutch shooting. Only shoots when he has the perfect shot. Really can't make his own shots ....when needed. Rarely goes to the hoop. We need some big men. Remember, Odom was 6th man of the year last year!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

We want a player in return for RA....not a lovesick puppy!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

If you're trying to change the Celtics into a circus act, this trade would move us in that direction.
    Odom is a gamble.  Getting him for little or nothing is a good idea, but for RA?!!!
    Pullease!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Odom wants to go to the Clips - now, if we could work a deal where Odom and Ray go to the Clips and we can pry Jordan from them................I'm all for it!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Doesn't seem right to trade a classy player for a headcase. Even if the headcase might make us a bit better, I don't think he'll make us contenders.
    I suppose that the idea that we could be contenders this year is getting more and more far-fetched anyway.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Later this morning on ESPN I hear Ric Bucher saying the Celtics can get Odom for JON.  So Ray can hang around or be traded for someone more substantial.

Odom with his head on straight here could be very valuable.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Does Jon have to stay in long enough for the trade, and then retire???

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen for Lamar Odom:
    [QUOTE]Please..............bye bye Allen!!!!!!!!!!!!! No defense, no passing, hardly gets to the foul line. No clutch shooting. Only shoots when he has the perfect shot. Really can't make his own shots ....when needed. Rarely goes to the hoop. We need some big men. Remember, Odom was 6th man of the year last year!
    Posted by celticsince1958[/QUOTE]

Dumbest post ever.Ray has made game-winning shots while falling out of bounds.Where were you the last 5 years?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

JON for Odom should already be done!!

Here is an interesting trade - 4 teams:
    POR gets Mo Williams (looking for a PG, and looking to dump Felton) and E'twan Moore (salary)
    CLIPS get Ray Allen, Jamal Crawford and Chris Wilcox (start Ray with Paul, bring Crawford off the bench - and Wilcox plays with Evans, Griffin, and Martin
    BOS gets - Batum (POR looking to dump), Randy Foye (excess with Ray and Crawford) and Jordan!  (you want Ray, you have to pay!!)

Our team going forward looks like this:
    Rondo/Bradley/Dooling (who I would dump in a heartbeat)
    Pietrus/Foye
    PP/Batum/Pavlovic
    KG/Bass/Odom
    Jordan/Steamer/KG

scare some people in the playoffs????

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Allen should be traded, I've been saying this for months.  He is gone at the end of year, so unless the Celtics believe they are going to win this year, it only makes sense to try and get something in return, instead of simply letting him walk.

Odom deal doesn't make much sense since Lamar is also a FA after the season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I keep reading the Clippers want Allen but the Celtics wants Bledsoe and a pick.  I don't think the odom deal is going to happen.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]I keep reading the Clippers want Allen but the Celtics wants Bledsoe and a pick.  I don't think the odom deal is going to happen.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Clippers could absolutely use Ray but if that is what the Celts are asking they need to reel it in a bit.  I think Dallas would have interest but don't like the Odom deal.  I also think Denver might be a team that would be interested in Ray, as a #2 off the bench.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Clips don't have a #1 pick this year - we already have theirs.  That's why we need to get a third team involved!!

Or fourth....:)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ray Allen for Lamar Odom : Clippers could absolutely use Ray but if that is what the Celts are asking they need to reel it in a bit.  I think Dallas would have interest but don't like the Odom deal.  I also think Denver might be a team that would be interested in Ray, as a #2 off the bench.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

The Celtics almost have to trade Ray.  they cant trade KG because of his max salary coming off the books but it makes complete sense to trade Ray and get something for him while they can.  But yeah if you google "Ray Allen trade" it's the Clippers that keep coming up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]Later this morning on ESPN I hear Ric Bucher saying the Celtics can get Odom for JON.  So Ray can hang around or be traded for someone more substantial. Odom with his head on straight here could be very valuable.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Trust me he would be very valuable if he turns it around and Im pretty sure he will.  If we could do that deal Id say yes but how does that impact the team financially going forward?

Fierce will know.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ray Allen for Lamar Odom : Trust me he would be very valuable if he turns it around and Im pretty sure he will.  If we could do that deal Id say yes but how does that impact the team financially going forward? Fierce will know.
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

Odom is a FA after the season, I'm pretty sure.