Ray Allen for Lamar Odom

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Ray Allen for Lamar Odom

In Response to Re: Ray Allen for Lamar Odom:
    [QUOTE]They cannot re-aquire him unless he has been waived.  Since they are not going to do that, the lakers will not get him back!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]
    Thanks glad they can't.  Odom if healthy can get back and be a very good player for somebody. We should get him.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    I agree with the other posters saying if it's LO for JO do it yesterday. I'd add MD and/or Sasha to the trade.
    Despite all the negatives about LO, I think he'd be very good playing alongside big 4 for Doc.
    Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to happen: he's too valueable for Mavs.
    Oh well, at least we can dream....

AK

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ray Allen for Lamar Odom : I'd use JON for Beasley ... same size, younger, more upside and better range on shooting ... his only weak shot is the 3 ... Green compliments Beasley having a similar range as Pierce including the 3 ... together they'd me a tandem that could both play the 3/4 ... Yikes!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]
    I would love to get Beasley,,but he is not 6.11...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ray Allen for Lamar Odom : They have to wait a year if he's waived under new CBA ... is there a restriction on reaquiring a former player via secondary trade? 

No, I think they can trade for him, but I think they've said they won't.

And you are correct about the reacquisition, but with the year more than half over, I thought that was understood.  Well done!!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ray Allen for Lamar Odom : Beasley w/o shoes is only 6-7 and w/shoes he's 6-8.25. He's not even 6-9. Ugh!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

He's a small forward.  Not a big rebounder at all.  He only averages about 5 boards and a half a block in 28 minutes a game career.  The only way that works is if they trade allen and PP gets minutes at the 2 with Beasley at the 3.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ray Allen for Lamar Odom : True. That's the only way Beasley is going to be effective, if Ray is traded. I don't think Beasley is the answer when we talk about getting a big man that can rebound.

Agreed.  He has that rep but he isn't the asnwer at all at the 4.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ray Allen for Lamar Odom : He hasn't been there from the beginning of the season has he? Trade date or season starting date for the clock starter? Just saying ... no response needed ... LOL.

Yeah, they traded him right after the lockout ended.  So, it would be right before the season starts next year, IF they are interested.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

If can get Kaman and Odom without giving up Ray...lets go for it...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]If can get Kaman and Odom without giving up Ray...lets go for it...
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

absolutely..if u can get them without it you obviously do it..but that is so SO unlikely..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Ray Allen for Lamar Odom : I don't think that's a good idea. I'd rather keep Ray if we're only getting Odom.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

[QUOTE]Odom for Allen is not a good trade. The C's would miss Ray's ability to stroke those 3's. Odom gives you some size, but the guys mind is elsewhere. No deal.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

Totally agree, Odoms mind is not on basketball. I'd rather keep RA
    at this point of the game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

Lets trade Ray for odom..

He is 6'9". can shoot from the 3 and can rebound.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Odom is coming here and it will be a lot cheaper than for Ray.  JON is gone or at least let's hope so.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

How about this trade... C's get MIlicic and Beasley Minny gets JO, Dooling, Sasha(or any other minimum guy on the roster), first rounder Move ray to bench. Here is the C's lineup PG Rondo SG Pierce SF Beasley PF Garnett C Milicic Adding Bass and Ray the bench improves production when starters take a break. Adding Milicic and Beasley to starting lineup gives C's more size which should improve team rebounding. Additionally, Beasley can create his own shot