Ray Allen for Lamar Odom

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Re: Ray Allen for Lamar Odom

In Response to Re: Ray Allen for Lamar Odom:
    In Response to Re: Ray Allen for Lamar Odom : Odom is a FA after the season, I'm pretty sure.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

Ah ok, somehow I thought he had more years on his deal...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen for Lamar Odom : Odom is a FA after the season, I'm pretty sure.

I think it's a player option - not 100% sure, but I think he can return to DAL if he (they?) want.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen for Lamar Odom : I think it's a player option - not 100% sure, but I think he can return to DAL if he (they?) want.
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

this was written in the LA Times in Dec. 2011

The Lakers lost depth in the front court and a solid character in the locker room. Odom, 32, was the sixth man of the year last season after averaging 14.4 points and 8.7 rebounds. He is owed $8.9 million this season and $8.2 million next season, of which only $2.5 million is guaranteed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

That is why JON for Odom is a no brainer.  He is motivated to save his career going into free agency.  He will play like his future career hinges on it.  He is 6-11 and could only help in ways the brittle JON never could.  If he stinks he is off the books at the end of the season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

According to this he has one more year.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

According to this he has one more year.   http://www.spotrac.com/nba/dallas-mavericks/lamar-odom/
    Posted by snakeoil123

Thats what i just posted.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If you are right I still would do it Odom is 32 and can play another year.   It was mentioned when the trade was announced that it was an expiring contract.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen for Lamar Odom : Thats what i just posted.
    Posted by CASox

sometimes two people are posting the same thing at a similar time.  Sensitive much?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Usually the partially guaranteed contracts mean an option - if the option is declined, they owe him only 2.5 mill!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Technically, Odom's contract is not on Option for him or Dallas.
    He is scheduled to make $8.2m next year but his contract is only partially guaranteed. If he is waived before 7/1/12, the contract is guaranteed for only $2.4m for the 2012-13 season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

If Boston would trade JON for Odom, Boston is helping Dallas secure more cap space for next season which would help them in their pursuit of Deron and Dwight. Not sure Boston wants to take on Odom who is having a dreadful season, wants to move back to LA and help Dallas free up cap space.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Technically, Odom's contract is not on Option for him or Dallas. He is scheduled to make $8.2m next year but his contract is only partially guaranteed. If he is waived before 7/1/12, the contract is guaranteed for only $2.4m for the 2012-13 season.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

So, if he's NOT waived, they have to pay him the whole thing??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen for Lamar Odom : So, if he's NOT waived, they have to pay him the whole thing??
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

I would say that having him for another year or at least having the option of having him for another year is a plus.   A motivated Odom has a lot of value.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen for Lamar Odom : So, if he's NOT waived, they have to pay him the whole thing??
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Yes.
    The final year of his contract vests on 7/1/12.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen for Lamar Odom : Yes. The final year of his contract vests on 7/1/12.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

So, the team has the OPTION to pick it up or not??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen for Lamar Odom : So, the team has the OPTION to pick it up or not??
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Odom has a contract that runs through the 2012-13 season.
    So no, they don't have the option to pick up the final season of his contract.
    They have the option of paying him only $2.4m if they waive him.

Odom's contract is similar to an Option but it is not the same thing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen for Lamar Odom : So, the team has the OPTION to pick it up or not??
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

It is basically a buy out option.  Pay him 8 mil to play or pay him 2.4 to walk. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Go on this link:

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/dallas-mavericks/lamar-odom/

Click on the RED  8,200,000 and see what it says.

You really need to lighten up a bit on the semantics

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

They might waive JO's corpse to get another Big or Odom / Beasley. I don't see Ray moving for Odom.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Please..............bye bye Allen!!!!!!!!!!!!! No defense, no passing, hardly gets to the foul line. No clutch shooting. Only shoots when he has the perfect shot. Really can't make his own shots ....when needed. Rarely goes to the hoop. We need some big men. Remember, Odom was 6th man of the year last year!
    Posted by celticsince1958

What are you smoking man because I want some of it!!!!   This is just a silly post.  Ray is too valuable in his play to give up so we can have a tempermental, emotionally immature big man who won't play inside.  We already have tall guys that don't like to play inside.  Odom brings nothing that we don't already have an losing Ray means losing a shooter on a team that needs shooters when Rondo's on the court.   Ray has also been going to the hoop more and I think you'll continue to see that.

I wouldn't mind Ray getting traded but ONLY for a big man who's going to play inside.  

Terrible trade.  Poor post.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Ray for Lamar and/or Marion is a terrible deal on many levels. I hope nothing close to this kind of deal occurs.

I think Ray may be traded somewhere though. Very slow news day so far. We have no interesting rumors to discuss besides the ones that popped up last week

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Go on this link: http://www.spotrac.com/nba/dallas-mavericks/lamar-odom/ Click on the RED  8,200,000 and see what it says. You really need to lighten up a bit on the semantics
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Not sure if this was meant for me.
    spotrac.com? A trusted source for information?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen for Lamar Odom : Not sure if this was meant for me. spotrac.com? A trusted source for information?
    Posted by Mark from Ct

Okay, how about this:

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nba/dal/

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Hoopsworld.com has is correct:

Key: N = non-guaranteed; Q = Qualifying Offer; E = Early Termination Option; P = Player Option; T = Team Option
    Name2011-122012-132013-142014-152015-16
    TOTAL$73,995,904$54,323,089$46,430,762$9,798,000$10,522,500
    Dirk Nowitzki$19,092,873$20,907,128$22,721,381  
    Jason Terry$10,658,000    
    Lamar Odom$8,900,000$8,200,000-N

Sections
Shortcuts