Ray Allen forces Game 7

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: Ray Allen forces Game 7

Ray did what Ray does, that's why the Heat wanted him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Ray did what Ray does, that's why the Heat wanted him.

Yup... he was money in the biggest moment. Maybe if Parker went up with him with a hand in his face, who knows.

Ray proved hes worth every dime hes getting

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" bow down to the great and classy Ray Allen, who locked up the Heat win tonight!!  He made a logical and smart decision to leave the dysfunctional Celtics and the petulent Rondo, even for less money."

One of the great shots of all time. I'm going to wait and assess its true merits after the Heat win or don't win the series. If the Heat win it all there will be no shortage of superlatives for Ray and that show. Even if they lose it's an all time great shot. 

But I've had it with the Rondo bashing. Ray left to play with Lebron in his prime. That's not Rondo's fault. In fact Ray was the petulant one, refusing to come off the bench for the Celtics. Rondo rightly argued Bradley should be starting, Ray off the bench. 

Ray is an all time great NBA player and to some extent he is classy but he's also a diva, nothing wrong with that, but I haven't bought into his "I'm the classiest guy in the world" stuff like you have. 

KG and Paul feel betrayed by them and they would gladly take a less "classy" Ray Allen who was far more loyalty. 

In my world fierce loyalty beats the facade of "class" anytime. 

That's not to say I don't tip my cap to Ray today. I do. But him being classy has nothing to do with it. He's a legend largely because of his work ethic. He's the best, that's all there is to it. Classy doesn't factor in. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Like it would mean anything if Miami loses Game 7.

Right now it's looking like Ray made the biggest shot of his career. But if the Heat lose Game 7, what then?

Then, he still had another great year in the league competing for the title and proving that he is much more than a shooter, even at the age of 37. He is the only perimeter defender of the heat outside of james and wade in game 4. And he creates a lot of plays of the dribble. Unbelivable...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

1)Ginobili made almost as many turnovers as points and the 3 pts shooting of the Spurs was a non factor. I'm sure too that David Stern wanted a game 7 !!!

2)Bad luck too that Ray Allen couldn't buy a 3 in last few minutes of game 7 vs Lakers in 2010.

1) This is hopefully a joke. If you really think that Stern had an influence of the outcome of this game you need to see a doctor.

2) Actually, if my memories are correct, Ray hit a a three in the end of game 7.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Ray is playing better for the Heat than his last year here....  amazing what getting away from Rondo can do for a player... 

Some fools are hoping the Heat lose game 7 and Ray stinks it up so they can pile on the guy. Got news for you, Ray has already vindicated himself and proven hes bigtime money. Whatever else takes place, Ray saved the Heats championship hopes. Period!

Thankfully we dont rely on imbeciles posting non stop on this forum that think they understand basketball.. clearly they dont..

Now lets trade Doc

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Ray is playing better for the Heat than his last year here....  amazing what getting away from Rondo can do for a player... 

Some fools are hoping the Heat lose game 7 and Ray stinks it up so they can pile on the guy. Got news for you, Ray has already vindicated himself and proven hes bigtime money. Whatever else takes place, Ray saved the Heats championship hopes. Period!

Thankfully we dont rely on imbeciles posting non stop on this forum that think they understand basketball.. clearly they dont..

Now lets trade Doc

How did Ray save the Heat's championship hopes if they fail to win a championship?

Only and imbecile would say something as moronic as that.

HAHAHA

He is saying ray allowed the Heat to hope for another two days. I didn't think it was that difficult to understand

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Only a championship makes Ray's transfer from Boston to Miami a success.

I think you should leave that decision to Ray. His three today would be enough for me to make this move a success.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

I disagree. Pops forced a game 7 by his idiotic removal of Tim Duncan with about 30-40 secs to go. Insane. I guess he did not see that it did not work for the Pacers coach. Stupid move that cost him the title I think.

Yeah, I completely agree. Another bad move: After  Bosh missed the jumper with 10 seconds left in the OT, Pops does not call a timeout despite  the  fact  that Paker is sitting beside him on the bench. This leaves the ball  in the shaky hands of Ginoblili, who promply commits his eighth turnover.

Pops is the best, but even the best screw up.

That move of which you speak is just a glaring mistake too. True, even the best can screw up, but he sure picked a bad moment to do so......it may have cost him another title

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Ray Allen himself said the goal is to win a championship. If the Heat fail to win a championship then Ray and the Heat failed.

When the Celts won 66 games and had the best record in the league, in 2008, they won a championship.

Only a championship makes Ray's transfer from Boston to Miami a success.

True

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

If you ever played sport on a competetive level you know that certain moments last forever. This shot of Ray is one of this shots already. It can only get bigger when they win game 7, but even if the heat lose it will be Ray's moment of the year. Just read his quote, it says it all:

"It's going to be a shot that I'm going to remember for a long time," he (Ray) said. "There's a lot of shots that I've made in my career, but this will go high up in the ranks because of the situation. Just the way that whole last minute and a half unfolded, it wasn't looking good for us. But we've been resilient all year."

I've hit a big shot years ago myself, and still, after so many years, sometimes I'll (day)dream from that situation and it feels great. It will be the same for Ray, no matter what game 7 brings.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I believe that Ray just won himself and the Heat another Championship.  Heat win game 7.  Ray hits some big threes.  and the shllow-minded Ray Allen jealous idiots on here will eat their baseless hate.  

Yeah, and Steve Kerr won the bulls many a title. Ray is nothing but a role player now. It's good he is gone. 

18. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts