RAY ALLEN hitting 3s at 46%, CELTS in last 10 games at 31% ... ENOUGH SAID!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: RAY ALLEN hitting 3s at 46%, CELTS in last 10 games at 31% ... ENOUGH SAID!

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Does anyone really think if Ray were here that we would have a materially better record?  Let's deal with reality we need help upfront.  You get a player or players who are threats inside you will get open shots at the three line that Lee, Terry and Pierce will make with relative ease.  

Get these same players out on the three line with no one inside as a threat as it is now and they will be pressured and miss just as Ray would.

[/QUOTE]

Yes I actually think we would have a better record,  maybe not much but better.  Ray usually starts the season great and he could have helped a few games. Are we better in the long run,  yes.   Continuity would have won a couple of games by itself.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ray's gone but we are still dealing with Terry.  He's shooting way worse than Ray ever did.   All the JT lovers who said Terry can do more and is as good as Ray are dead wrong.   Terry is giving us nothing from the shooting guard position and he's one of several reasons we stink right now.

forgetting Ray would be easy if JT would do SOMETHING!

[/QUOTE]

This is not quite accurate.  You must have forgotten some of Ray's end of season shooting displays over the years.  So no he is not shooting "worse" than Ray ever did.  Now also JT still has the chance to change whats happening and its not over yet.  If he has some good games in the playoffs and help us win some then it won't be a complete failure.  And yes I have seen Terry play a lot of games,  I would bet money I have seen him play more than you.  Over the years he has played well and been very clutch for the Mavs.

Now we got him for the 6th man and he is yet to play there for any significant time.  Now that Bradley is back , JT should be able to settle in and be more effective.  Now all the JT lovers you are referring to and just fans that like a player. Overall their careers, Ray is a better player than JT.  Ray left,  Ray's decision,  end of story.

I have yet to see the Celtics bring in a player from another team and that player plays as well as he did for his previous team.  Maybe you can,  if so let me know who they are.

Right now players not playing as well as they did for previous teams.

Lee-  big time difference.  Green- Big time difference-  Terry - Big time difference.

Why do you suppose this happens?

[/QUOTE]

You mean you think Ray has had some stinker games like Terry's 1 for 15 against Milwaukee or Terry's 1 for 12 against Philly or his 3 for 10 against Dallas (and should I go on??).  Sure, Ray has had stinkers like Paul and KG and everyone in this league.  But, he's not gone 1 for 15 EVER.  Over his Career, Ray is the better 3 point shooter, total FG% shooter, and FT% shooter.  Look up the stats, Ray shoots 3's BETTER in the last 5 years than earlier in his career.  The OPPOSITE is true of Terry - as he gets older, he gets worse.   Terry has shot over 40% fro 3's only 3 times in 14 years and the last time was '07!   Ray has done it 8 times and done it 4 out of the last 5 years!!!!  

This year alone, Terry is shooting 43.7% while Ray shoots 47.5%.  This year, Terry is shooting 37.9% from 3 point land while Ray is shooting 45.6%.  Ray is getting 3.3 rebounds per game.  Terry is getting almost 2.

They are 35 and 37 so we didn't get any younger, really.   

The grass is always greener, my friend, on the other side.  You may have THOUGHT Ray had some stinker nights until you watch Terry and then you have to admit Ray's stinkers are not as frequent nor as bad as Terry's!   

I don't care that Ray is gone, I just care that we didn't replace him with a good shooter - we got a guy who plays WORSE and is just as old!   If we were to ship him out, we should go younger and better, not same age and worse!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ray's gone but we are still dealing with Terry.  He's shooting way worse than Ray ever did.   All the JT lovers who said Terry can do more and is as good as Ray are dead wrong.   Terry is giving us nothing from the shooting guard position and he's one of several reasons we stink right now.

forgetting Ray would be easy if JT would do SOMETHING!

[/QUOTE]

This is not quite accurate.  You must have forgotten some of Ray's end of season shooting displays over the years.  So no he is not shooting "worse" than Ray ever did.  Now also JT still has the chance to change whats happening and its not over yet.  If he has some good games in the playoffs and help us win some then it won't be a complete failure.  And yes I have seen Terry play a lot of games,  I would bet money I have seen him play more than you.  Over the years he has played well and been very clutch for the Mavs.

Now we got him for the 6th man and he is yet to play there for any significant time.  Now that Bradley is back , JT should be able to settle in and be more effective.  Now all the JT lovers you are referring to and just fans that like a player. Overall their careers, Ray is a better player than JT.  Ray left,  Ray's decision,  end of story.

I have yet to see the Celtics bring in a player from another team and that player plays as well as he did for his previous team.  Maybe you can,  if so let me know who they are.

Right now players not playing as well as they did for previous teams.

Lee-  big time difference.  Green- Big time difference-  Terry - Big time difference.

Why do you suppose this happens?

[/QUOTE]

You mean you think Ray has had some stinker games like Terry's 1 for 15 against Milwaukee or Terry's 1 for 12 against Philly or his 3 for 10 against Dallas (and should I go on??).  Sure, Ray has had stinkers like Paul and KG and everyone in this league.  But, he's not gone 1 for 15 EVER.  Over his Career, Ray is the better 3 point shooter, total FG% shooter, and FT% shooter.  Look up the stats, Ray shoots 3's BETTER in the last 5 years than earlier in his career.  The OPPOSITE is true of Terry - as he gets older, he gets worse.   Terry has shot over 40% fro 3's only 3 times in 14 years and the last time was '07!   Ray has done it 8 times and done it 4 out of the last 5 years!!!!  Again no one said Terry was better than Ray during their careers!  I do think Ray went like 1-13 in a finals game if that makes you feel any better. 

This year alone, Terry is shooting 43.7% while Ray shoots 47.5%.  This year, Terry is shooting 37.9% from 3 point land while Ray is shooting 45.6%.  Ray is getting 3.3 rebounds per game.  Terry is getting almost 2. Wow you really don't care about this Ray vs Terry thing do you?

They are 35 and 37 so we didn't get any younger, really.   Not younger?

The grass is always greener, my friend, on the other side.  You may have THOUGHT Ray had some stinker nights until you watch Terry and then you have to admit Ray's stinkers are not as frequent nor as bad as Terry's!   Did I say Terry didn't have bad games?  

I don't care that Ray is gone, (sure could have fooled me) I just care that we didn't replace him with a good shooter - we got a guy who plays WORSE and is just as old!   If we were to ship him out, we should go younger and better, not same age and worse!

[/QUOTE]

You obviously don't know 35 is younger thand 37.  I guess you missed it,  Ray left on his own.  Terry was the replacement. I think every NBA circle at the start of the year said that was a very good move by the Celtics,  including many here.  Of course you knew better didn't you?  No one has said Terry than Ray over their careers.

BTW Ray is 42% the last nine games from the field and Terry is a 41%.  Not a huge difference there. At the end of the year more than likely we will see Ray slow down as he usually does and hopefully Terry improve. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

and the unintelligent snooze on, failing to recognize that ray as a "run the treads off his sneakers doing 47 curls to get one shot" type of player was OVER WITH.  he's not doing that in miami while rondo flattens the ball into the ground for 19 seconds out of 24!!!  terry's miserable stats are more a tribute to the MISERABLE STATE OF OUR OVERALL OFFENSE than anything else. 

because it's NOT just terry, it's bass, green, lee, terry, and darko was ICED OUT OF THE COUNTRY by dorck rivers.  brilliant move because we all knew KG needed to be the only pure 5 we have on the team.  and collins does not count.  anyone who plays 18 minutes a night and his line reads 1's and 0's is not a basketball player, just taking up space like furniture

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

acie's got to be the most miserable Celtic fan in the world.

Every thread, every day, HE MUST COMPLAIN!

HAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

And every thread every day that fierce puts out is little more than bait.

Pud

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

acie's got to be the most miserable Celtic fan in the world.

Every thread, every day, HE MUST COMPLAIN!

HAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

And every thread every day that fierce puts out is little more than bait.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Fierce is delusional. He has ZERO CRED and is the laughing stock of the board. When I read his posts, I cannot help but picture the class clown wearing a doofus hat. Hope all is well!

Stay blessed!

[/QUOTE]

The laughing stock on this forum is you ... you know nothing about BB and with your multiple personalities and phony religious statements you are an embarassment..... grow up.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

and the unintelligent snooze on, failing to recognize that ray as a "run the treads off his sneakers doing 47 curls to get one shot" type of player was OVER WITH.  he's not doing that in miami while rondo flattens the ball into the ground for 19 seconds out of 24!!!  terry's miserable stats are more a tribute to the MISERABLE STATE OF OUR OVERALL OFFENSE than anything else. 

because it's NOT just terry, it's bass, green, lee, terry, and darko was ICED OUT OF THE COUNTRY by dorck rivers.  brilliant move because we all knew KG needed to be the only pure 5 we have on the team.  and collins does not count.  anyone who plays 18 minutes a night and his line reads 1's and 0's is not a basketball player, just taking up space like furniture

[/QUOTE]

Ughh. You know Jason Terry ran those same curls in Dallas.  Where Rick Carlisle must also be an idiot. In fact, when he runs them here he is shooting a robust 49.2 percentt and averaging a solid 1.045 points per play. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah...but Ray Allen isn't on the Celtics anymore. He's moved on..and so shouldn't the Ray Allen lovers. The Celtics made him an offer that was more than fair...he chose to leave because he couldn't mesh with the team...so you can quote Ray Allen stats all year long but that doesn't get anyone anywhere. Life is not about coulda..shoulda..woulda.

[/QUOTE]

As always you have it worng.  Ray left because he did not want to think about gettting traded mid season.  Despite what doc and danny have said, Ray was never offered a no trade clause.  Ray took less money because he went to a better team  and was promised he would not be traded mid season.

[/QUOTE]

All reports I have read are that Ray WAS offered a no trade clause. Why do you say that?  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yeah...but Ray Allen isn't on the Celtics anymore. He's moved on..and so shouldn't the Ray Allen lovers. The Celtics made him an offer that was more than fair...he chose to leave because he couldn't mesh with the team...so you can quote Ray Allen stats all year long but that doesn't get anyone anywhere. Life is not about coulda..shoulda..woulda.

[/QUOTE]

As always you have it worng.  Ray left because he did not want to think about gettting traded mid season.  Despite what doc and danny have said, Ray was never offered a no trade clause.  Ray took less money because he went to a better team  and was promised he would not be traded mid season.

[/QUOTE]

Its so funny to me how people think they have the real story when in fact they know no more info than the rest of us....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ughh. You know Jason Terry ran those same curls in Dallas.  Where Rick Carlisle must also be an idiot. In fact, when he runs them here he is shooting a robust 49.2 percentt and averaging a solid 1.045 points per play. 

[/QUOTE]

well, maybe terry did run the curls in dallas, but they did not have a ball killer point guard who couldn't hit perimeter shots so his man sagged or to keep his man from sagging the rock is held until last second of the clock.  terry is not just a shooter but also a better slasher than ray ever was. 

the difference is.....  rondo.  rondo's style of letting the team die on offense so he can not become IRRELEVANT and a FLAGRANT liability is to hold onto the ball.  forever.  so the opposing defense really gets to set in and in addition to that, our offense is disgustingly predictable. 

this year our offense is worse to watch than any other year.  but it's been a growing problem for years- the stagnation, the rondo not being able to contribute DOODLY SQUAT in the half court game.  terry did not have these issues to contend with in dallas.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

well, maybe terry did run the curls in dallas, but they did not have a ball killer point guard who couldn't hit perimeter shots so his man sagged or to keep his man from sagging the rock is held until last second of the clock.  terry is not just a shooter but also a better slasher than ray ever was. 

the difference is.....  rondo.  rondo's style of letting the team die on offense so he can not become IRRELEVANT and a FLAGRANT liability is to hold onto the ball.  forever.  so the opposing defense really gets to set in and in addition to that, our offense is disgustingly predictable. 

this year our offense is worse to watch than any other year.  but it's been a growing problem for years- the stagnation, the rondo not being able to contribute DOODLY SQUAT in the half court game.  terry did not have these issues to contend with in dallas.

[/QUOTE]

This year we are scoring 95.5 points per game. 

Last year we scored 91.8 points per game. THE OFFENSE IS BETTER! 

The Defensie has declined. Mostly when KG sits out. 

Oh and Rondo is one of the most effective midrange shooters in the game now. PLEASE. TEmper your opnions with facts. He can't shoot the three well, but he can shoot just fine. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All reports I have read are that Ray WAS offered a no trade clause. Why do you say that?  

[/QUOTE]

Ha...pay no mind to Jack. He has this funny little habit of projecting. I especially love the "as always..you have it wrong".  ( hence the projection).

JTKL...you are right..as am I. Allen was offered a no trade by the Celtics. If we are wrong then so isn't ESPN and NESN.  Heck even Doc must be delusional. Perhaps Jack thinks he know better than they do? After all..there is this little tidbit:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/8552139/ray-allen-left-boston-celtics-no-trade-clause-table

Or..this little tidbit:

http://nesn.com/2012/10/report-ray-allen-left-for-heat-despite-celtics-adding-no-trade-clause-to-contract-offer/

I am sure there are many more..in fact the talk of adding a No Trade Clause to Allen's contract began back in July.

Ray took less money because the Heat stroked his ego..and the Celtics didn't. They made it clear they wanted to continue their relationship with him...he opted not to. Life goes on and I doubt the Celtics are losing any sleep over a player who turned out to be a head case. I know I wouldn't. Like I said before..it is time for the the Ray lovers to move on. Ray left on his own accord..unlike Perkins.

If Jack were more than just a fair weather Celtics fan..no one would have to explain these things to him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

You mean you think Ray has had some stinker games like Terry's 1 for 15 against Milwaukee or Terry's 1 for 12 against Philly or his 3 for 10 against Dallas (and should I go on??).  Sure, Ray has had stinkers like Paul and KG and everyone in this league.  But, he's not gone 1 for 15 EVER.  Over his Career, Ray is the better 3 point shooter, total FG% shooter, and FT% shooter.  Look up the stats, Ray shoots 3's BETTER in the last 5 years than earlier in his career.  The OPPOSITE is true of Terry - as he gets older, he gets worse.   Terry has shot over 40% fro 3's only 3 times in 14 years and the last time was '07!   Ray has done it 8 times and done it 4 out of the last 5 years!!!!  Again no one said Terry was better than Ray during their careers!  I do think Ray went like 1-13 in a finals game if that makes you feel any better. 

This year alone, Terry is shooting 43.7% while Ray shoots 47.5%.  This year, Terry is shooting 37.9% from 3 point land while Ray is shooting 45.6%.  Ray is getting 3.3 rebounds per game.  Terry is getting almost 2. Wow you really don't care about this Ray vs Terry thing do you?

The grass is always greener, my friend, on the other side.  You may have THOUGHT Ray had some stinker nights until you watch Terry and then you have to admit Ray's stinkers are not as frequent nor as bad as Terry's!   Did I say Terry didn't have bad games?  

I don't care that Ray is gone, (sure could have fooled me) I just care that we didn't replace him with a good shooter - we got a guy who plays WORSE and is just as old!   If we were to ship him out, we should go younger and better, not same age and worse!

[/QUOTE]

You obviously don't know 35 is younger thand 37.  I guess you missed it,  Ray left on his own.  Terry was the replacement. I think every NBA circle at the start of the year said that was a very good move by the Celtics,  including many here.  Of course you knew better didn't you?  No one has said Terry than Ray over their careers.

BTW Ray is 42% the last nine games from the field and Terry is a 41%.  Not a huge difference there. At the end of the year more than likely we will see Ray slow down as he usually does and hopefully Terry improve. 

[/QUOTE]

Do you really see a difference in the 35 year old Terry and the 37 year old Ray?   Do you see any real difference in a 35 and a 37 year old....especially when one of them is the forever in shape Ray Allen?   Don't try to insult me with silly little "I guessed you missed it" statements.   You know exactly what I mean and you know that a 35 year old Terry is not better than a 37 year old Ray.  Let's not play word games and have a real conversation, ok?

Yes, I thought Terry was a good move.  But, I'm not going to hold on to my view when I've been proven wrong.  In this case, Iwas (and you were) proven wrong.  Terry doesn't turn out as of yet to be a good replacement.  We've lost something and we have to face the truth.  We have to face that Green is not as good as we thought, Pierce is aging faster than we thought, and yes - Terry hasn't turned out to be the replacement we thought.  Are you not going to admit to the situation that is right in front of us?  I didn't think we could start as bad as last year and its worse!!!

So, you can pick a 10 game stretch where Terry is just about as accurate from 3 land as Ray.  I can pick a series of games where he's not.   We don't get to exclude the other games from our record.  ALL games count and across all games - Terry has not delivered.   

I'm tired of being optimistic.  I'm massively disappointed and I'm no longer going to post "hopeful" things about the guys who haven't delivered.  Terry is one of the big disappointments and that's a clear fact.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I don't care about debating whether Ray walked away or was kicked to the curb.  The real point is that his replacement is not delivering and that's the point that cannot be denied.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you really see a difference in the 35 year old Terry and the 37 year old Ray?   Do you see any real difference in a 35 and a 37 year old....especially when one of them is the forever in shape Ray Allen?   Don't try to insult me with silly little "I guessed you missed it" statements.   You know exactly what I mean and you know that a 35 year old Terry is not better than a 37 year old Ray.  Let's not play word games and have a real conversation, ok?

Yes, I thought Terry was a good move.  But, I'm not going to hold on to my view when I've been proven wrong.  In this case, Iwas (and you were) proven wrong.  Terry doesn't turn out as of yet to be a good replacement.  We've lost something and we have to face the truth.  We have to face that Green is not as good as we thought, Pierce is aging faster than we thought, and yes - Terry hasn't turned out to be the replacement we thought.  Are you not going to admit to the situation that is right in front of us?  I didn't think we could start as bad as last year and its worse!!!

So, you can pick a 10 game stretch where Terry is just about as accurate from 3 land as Ray.  I can pick a series of games where he's not.   We don't get to exclude the other games from our record.  ALL games count and across all games - Terry has not delivered.   

I'm tired of being optimistic.  I'm massively disappointed and I'm no longer going to post "hopeful" things about the guys who haven't delivered.  Terry is one of the big disappointments and that's a clear fact.

[/QUOTE]

Last post of this.  I would say JT has been dissapointing but the year is not over. If you go by that analogy you might as well say our team is not any good as well.  The ten game stretch was just pointing out that Ray has those games now as well.  A lot more than he use to as well.  As far as the age and playing word games,  come the end of the season, those two years could mean a world of difference as well.  As I do with the Celtics, I will remain optimistic about both the C;s and the JT.  You give up on both if you want.  I for one am not a fair weather fan or a bandwagonner.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

It would make a lot more sense at this point to forget Ray Allen.

Let's talk about how TERRIBLE jason Terry is instead.

That guy is a mess.