RAY ALLEN hitting 3s at 46%, CELTS in last 10 games at 31% ... ENOUGH SAID!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Re: RAY ALLEN hitting 3s at 46%, CELTS in last 10 games at 31% ... ENOUGH SAID!

In my opinion both KG and Pierce are no worse than they were until mid of last season (All Star break). Actually I think they are slightly better, especially KG. AB was not available last year at the beginning of the season as well. Sullinger is better than our greenhorns last year. So why are we even slightly worse than last year?

The team is much deeper, this can't be the reason.

The reason: The new players Terry, Lee, Collins, Darko and Green (count him as new) and some old players e.g. Bass do not deliver. They just play like garbage so far or do not play at all. Terry and Lee didn't gave us half what Ray gave us last year until he was injured. Green is so bad it is not even funny. Green and Terry or Lee have to come around. They are veteran player, enough of the excuses: Start to play some ball.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

I don't care about debating whether Ray walked away or was kicked to the curb.  The real point is that his replacement is not delivering and that's the point that cannot be denied.

Agreed...it doesn't really matter in the end. Ray is gone and the discussion should be around current Celtics player. Terry has been a disappointment as has Green. It's far enough into the season that these guys should have the system down..and it's just not happening. Even in last night's blowout win, Terry and Green did  not deliver. In just over 14 minutes of play Terry only managed 6 points. Green was even worse..scoring 2 points. It was nice to see the defensive play improved..but the bench has got to get better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

I don't care about debating whether Ray walked away or was kicked to the curb.  The real point is that his replacement is not delivering and that's the point that cannot be denied.

Agreed...it doesn't really matter in the end. Ray is gone and the discussion should be around current Celtics player. Terry has been a disappointment as has Green. It's far enough into the season that these guys should have the system down..and it's just not happening. Even in last night's blowout win, Terry and Green did  not deliver. In just over 14 minutes of play Terry only managed 6 points. Green was even worse..scoring 2 points. It was nice to see the defensive play improved..but the bench has got to get better.

Definitely agree with you.  That is why I would expect that Danny will make some type of trade soon.  He can't be happy with the current bench production of the Celtics, which most of us expected to be much better. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

In response to miscricket's comment:

Definitely agree with you.  That is why I would expect that Danny will make some type of trade soon.  He can't be happy with the current bench production of the Celtics, which most of us expected to be much better. 

I agree. There will likely be some kind of trade. The problem is..as much as I'd like to see Green and Terry both go..getting rid of either of them is likely to include Sullinger and possibly Avery Bradley.  I'd hate to see Sullinger go. I think he's got a lot of promise..but it's a season by season thing and no doubt Ainge will be looking to salvage this season before thinking ahead...as he usually does. I never understood the Green signing...perhaps I will be proven wrong at some point..but I never thought it was a good one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Terry is horrible.  Everyone knew that except Danny Ainge.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

26 minutes tonight and he delivered 4 points On 25% field goal shooting.   Enough said.  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

26 minutes tonight and he delivered 4 points On 25% field goal shooting.   Enough said.  

And Doc kept playing him.  Don't worry you will end up eating your words later.  Its easy for  fans to  jump ship when someone is shooting bad.  Like I said he is just now in the place we picked him up for (6th man).  Is it that hard for you to understand?  No one said he was Lebron James.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Just one more thing.  How many players come to Boston and play and play well under Docs system?  Not very many.  Some finally adapt after a while but most of them don't do that well. Not sure why.  Look at just this year.  Lee, Green, and JT.   All of them are struggling. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Just one more thing.  How many players come to Boston and play and play well under Docs system?  Not very many.  Some finally adapt after a while but most of them don't do that well. Not sure why.  Look at just this year.  Lee, Green, and JT.   All of them are struggling. 

KG, Ray Allen, James Posey, Eddie House?  Bass last year?

It is easier to play well from the top.  It is harder to claw your way up.  Hence, KG's comment regading plastic people.

Right now the Celts are still searching for their identity.  There is something good happening.  Let them turn the corner and then we will see how the new guys perform.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

KG, Ray Allen, James Posey, Eddie House?  Bass last year?

It is easier to play well from the top.  It is harder to claw your way up.  Hence, KG's comment regading plastic people.

Right now the Celts are still searching for their identity.  There is something good happening.  Let them turn the corner and then we will see how the new guys perform.

+1

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Jason Terry was signed for the playoffs, not the regular season.

We'll know for sure in 3 months.

Do they play with a different ball in the playoffs? 

Terry is awful

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

And Doc kept playing him.  Don't worry you will end up eating your words later.  Its easy for  fans to  jump ship when someone is shooting bad.  Like I said he is just now in the place we picked him up for (6th man).  Is it that hard for you to understand?  No one said he was Lebron James.

No one expects him to be Lebron James.  He is, however the guy they signed over Ray Allen.   He is the guy they said would replace Ray Allen.

But he is a terrible basketball player.  A complete waste of money.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Lee is not struggling.  He's playing well.  Is that hard for you to understand?!?!  Why....because he's playing D.  Terry has only one value - shooting.  If he's not doing that, he's worthless.  Understand that!

when it was Ray missing a shot as a Celtic guard, he got massive criticism.  Now Terry the replacement is missing MORE shots and playing very little D.   What I don't understand is your defending him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I bet I've been a Doc supporter and optimistic fan longer and more often than you!  I have not jimped ship on Lee, Barbosa, or Green.   But Bass and Terry are on my disappointed list.   Terry is especially on that list because he has only one role and he's not delivering.   "Turning it on in the playoffs" is a cop out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I bet I've been a Doc supporter and optimistic fan longer and more often than you!  I have not jimped ship on Lee, Barbosa, or Green.   But Bass and Terry are on my disappointed list.   Terry is especially on that list because he has only one role and he's not delivering.   "Turning it on in the playoffs" is a cop out.

I have no idea who has supported them longer.  Don't really care.  Glad your a C fan.  From most of your post lately I wouldn't say you are very optimistic.  I could very well prove that but I am not going to take the time to do so.  Name one time I said he was going to turn it on in the playoffs. I have never said that.  I have said repeatedly that we signed him to come off the bench.  I have also said a lot of players struggle with our system.  If you want to dispute it feel free. I don't wish to continue this argument.  You are entitled to you opinion as I am mine.    Celtics win second game in a row against 2 playoff teams in the East.  I don't care who does what as long as we continue to win. ALL players will continue to play good and bad.  Just the way it is.  Only the superstars play big every game.  Terry is who we got so I will support him as long as he plays in Boston.

Have a nice day.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Regardless anyone that thinks Ray Allen would be making a difference with this years Celtics team is a bit off.  By a lot.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Regardless anyone that thinks Ray Allen would be making a difference with this years Celtics team is a bit off.  By a lot.

+1

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Terry doesn't have it anymore.

Lee and Bradley should be playing over Terry.

Lets see,  here is what you said yesterday.

Forum Post: What have we learned?

Posted 01/05/2013 01:38:54 EST

Terry is a good backup PG for Rondo.

Lee is a good backup for Bradley.

I don't think we need a trade, unless we get a really good offer.

Sections
Shortcuts