Ray Allen or John Stockton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Ray Allen or John Stockton

Who is better?

I heard Ray speak of Stockton today as one of his favorite players...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Re: Ray Allen or John Stockton

I say Ray Allen, because he has a championship, and is second behind Reggie Miller in 3 pt shots made.

I admired John Stocton for his toughness and passing ablility though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

Stockton. Grit, utilized his maximum potential and a true loyal franchise player.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Most definitely Ray Allen because John Stockton is nearly 50 years old and Ray Allen is only 35.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Stockton. HOWEVER it's hard to compare them as Ray's career hasn't finished yet. Ray does have one of the most pure shots in the NBA. He is a joy to watch play, has been since his days at Milwaukee.

It will take something special though for him to pass Stockton in my eyes. All time leader in Assists and Steals. Most games for a player at a single team. Two trips to the NBA finals. 1992 Olympic team member. It's just a shame for Stockton that he didn't win an NBA title.

Both Allen and Stockton seem like decent human beings though. Quite enjoyed Stocktons speech at his HOF induction ceremony last year. He and David Robinson both gave very classy speeches.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Stockton,
    The dude played forever and I believe his assist totals may never be broken.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

It's hard to compare across two positions.  Stockton was obviously one of the top PGs in the game and Ray Allen will go down as one of the great 2s. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

stockton by a country mile

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen or John Stockton:
    [QUOTE]When it come down to everything............. we look at championships. obviously stockton doesn't have no rings. so that leave it down to Ray Allen as the best player between them two.
    Posted by JCELTICS23[/QUOTE]
    good joke

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ray Allen or John Stockton : good joke
    Posted by fitz0527[/QUOTE]

Aye, it's like saying that Greg Kite was better than Karl Malone. Or even Stacey King is a better player than Kevin Garnett.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]When it come down to everything............. we look at championships. obviously stockton doesn't have no rings. so that leave it down to Ray Allen as the best player between them two.
    Posted by JCELTICS23[/QUOTE]

Dan Marino has no rings and Robert Horry has more than Kobe... stop the rings nonsense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

I don't remember Stockton going 0-17 in the Finals. Ray seems like a nice guy, but I don't think I will ever forgive him for that

Sections
Shortcuts