3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

Re: Ray Allen question

In Response to Ray Allen question:
    Who will backup Ray Allen?
    Posted by maryngary

E Moore or James Posey?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Michael Redd or Gilbert Arenas at the veteran's minimum.  Instant offense when they are on.  Don't necessarily need a solid defender as much as someone who could provide points (or be a threat to).

I know it was the first preseason game but 76 points is an example of our lack of offense.  We just can't throw Pierce in and add 24 points and say we would have gotten 100 points.  With Pierce playing Quis doesn't get his as well as a couple other players.

Using the vet minimum, we have to take a flyer on someone known for the offense.  Arenas played 70 games last season so I'll take him.  We're not talking about a guy who needs to log 30 minutes.  And this backup cannot be Pierce going to the SG.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Agree with Petey, although I think they'll wait.........half way through the year, we might be able to get JR Smith, or another player through amnesty.  I think Arenas is a time-bomb who doesn't want to play here anyway.  Redd will probably sign with IND.......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

arenas is a locker room cancer living in an alternate universe where drawing guns on team mates and zhytting in their shoes is cool. i'm sure danny will seek solutions elsewhere.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I like redd and I think he may come to the c's just to be on a winning team.  But the likelihood of him staying healthy seems slim to none.

On a team built on d, arenas is a nono.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinnacle10. Show pinnacle10's posts

JR Smith it pretty much out for the year and the amnesty period is over. 

In Response to Re: Ray Allen question:
    Agree with Petey, although I think they'll wait.........half way through the year, we might be able to get JR Smith, or another player through amnesty.  I think Arenas is a time-bomb who doesn't want to play here anyway.  Redd will probably sign with IND.......
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Petey62  You seem to understand there is a problem and sounds like the best answer,  the answer would not work would he?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen question:
    JR Smith it pretty much out for the year and the amnesty period is over.  In Response to Re: Ray Allen question :
    Posted by pinnacle10

Pretty much?  What does that even mean?  He is playing in China.  IF they release him (Kenyon Martin will soon be released), or the season ends, he is an unrestricted FA, which means he can sign with any team in the US he chooses to.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

We need instant offence off the bench as mentioned by many posters.  Luckily there could be some options.  I have watched JR Smith closely in Denver and think he would be a good addition, however I suspect he will get more $$ elsewhere. Smith would work well under Doc who would have more success keeping him focus than George Karl. Otherwise Redd, Iverson, Arenas could be options with Moore having the role for now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I'd love to see Moore step up and keep the minutes so that we are developing young talent at the same time we are getting effective play.  Wouldn't that be nice!

Redd would be my choice of the others.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

CelticsFan4Life   It appears you will get your wish, Moore is the only player we have that could come in for Ray, Bradlely willl cost us games at that position but that is the position they have him listed at.  Daniels could play the spot but it would be a challenge for him.  The othere are just too big and slow.  I just hope we are not watching Bradley make mistake after mistake like we did Tony for a while.  Tony has improved but he was a pain to watch play offense while he was at Boston.

Sections
Shortcuts