Ray Allen Speaks

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrTrippleDouble. Show MrTrippleDouble's posts

Re: Ray Allen Speaks

In Response to Ray Allen Speaks:
    The same age-is-just-a-number mentality also applies to Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett, two more future NBA Hall of Famers. Many skeptics say that the team is too old -- washed up -- now to compete for an NBA championship, but Allen knows that isn't true. "If you go back to 2008, that was our last year," he said, mockingly. "2009 was our last year, 2010 was our last year, 2011 was our last year. I think we truly have proven to be very resilient regardless of what has happened. You win a championship or you don't. We get knocked down we're ready to get back up again. We're going to fight, we're going to fight no matter what." And if you think that, lockout or not, this is the last time you'll see the Big Three in Green, maybe you ought to think again. Allen doesn't seem to see it that way. "When it comes down to it, we look to be in Boston for a lot longer than just this year." http://www.csnne.com/08/15/11/Celtics-Allen-speaks-on-age-NBA-lockout/landing_celtics.html?blockID=549340&feedID=3945 And someone said it's unlikely that Ray and KG will return for the vet's minimum. Ha Ha
    Posted by Fiercest34

Nice Post. I wouldnt doubt seeing the Big 3 longer than this year. Thats gonna be A LOT of cap space available after this season is over too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

Great players signing minimum salary contracts is nothing new. Shaq did it last season and Karl Malone did it in 2003.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

These guys are rich. They had there individual fame and made there big dollars. They want to go out winners. Winners find a way to win.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

If they will take a lot less money for their last two or three years, some young players might extend their time in the NBA.  I am 69 and can remember when my basketball age or ability to play starter minutes ran out, that I could still play but for a shorter period of time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Many talk about Ray's age, few talk about his fitness levels which are outstanding and always have been.

Sections
Shortcuts