Ray Allen supposedly drawing interest

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Ray Allen supposedly drawing interest

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2012-02-27/dwight-howard-nba-trade-rumors-lakers-new-york-knicks-michael-beasley

Ray Allen, Celtics.

While there has been plenty of focus on Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo, sources indicate Allen has generated the most interest from contenders. He is a knock-down perimeter shooter and a veteran who can blend well with any team. Even at age 36, Allen is in great shape and, as a free agent after the season, an easy fit into a team’s books.

The Celtics don’t want to trade Allen, but if they continue to slide and are offered a young piece or a draft pick, making a deal would be hard to resist.

I'd rather keep Ray, re-sign him at 7-8 million, and have him close out games next year, with the big assumption that we can trade for Gasol. If we can't get Gasol, not sure a low first rounder is worth it, especially with Giddens er Danny drafting.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Ray Allen supposedly drawing interest

i saw this..also saw a ray allen for kevin martin and ray allen and a 1st for monta ellis. i like both.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen supposedly drawing interest:
    [QUOTE]i saw this..also saw a ray allen for kevin martin and ray allen and a 1st for monta ellis. i like both.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

I saw RA for Korver and Ronnie Brewer

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ray Allen supposedly drawing interest : I saw RA for Korver and Ronnie Brewer
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

Yuck!!  We can do better than that.  Rondo and JON for Big Al, Ray for Mo Williams!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ray Allen supposedly drawing interest : Yuck!!  We can do better than that.  Rondo and JON for Big Al, Ray for Mo Williams!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Rondo and JON for Al Jefferson?
    Really? That's sad that you put such little value on Rondo.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ray Allen supposedly drawing interest : Rondo and JON for Al Jefferson? Really? That's sad that you put such little value on Rondo.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

Al Jefferson   19 and 9  this year
    16 and 9 for his career........27 years old

Pau Gasol     17 and 10.6 this year
    18.7   and 9.2 for his career......31 years old

I'd say I'm valuing Rondo just about right!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to "Re: Ray Allen supposedly drawing interest": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ray Allen supposedly drawing interest : Al Jefferson   19 and 9  this year 16 and 9 for his career........27 years old Pau Gasol     17 and 10.6 this year 18.7   and 9.2 for his career......31 years old I'd say I'm valuing Rondo just about right!! Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE] Gasol's numbers don't tell the whole story. There are not many shots for him in the lakers offense. Mike Brown is making sure he keeps Kobe happy

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]How much value is on a ton of bricks?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

This really sounds like someone who continues to maintain " I dont hate Rondo"... really??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Ray Allen supposedly drawing interest": Gasol's numbers don't tell the whole story. There are not many shots for him in the lakers offense. Mike Brown is making sure he keeps Kobe happy
    Posted by Accension13[/QUOTE]

Point being, Rondo and JON for Al is NOT under-valuing Rondo!!
    Then, give me Millsap - geez you people!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Give me Marshon Brooks. Arrgg

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to "Re: Ray Allen supposedly drawing interest": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ray Allen supposedly drawing interest : Point being, Rondo and JON for Al is NOT under-valuing Rondo!! Then, give me Millsap - geez you people!! Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE] Was not arguing the point. I was just adding my two cents, and my belief Gasol is a much better player than Jefferson.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

Let's keep Ray Ray, sign Kaman, trade Rondo for Gasol, 2 1st round picks for Nash and then we can have the ultimate washed up over 30 lineup EVER!!! We may not win anything, but it would give us at least 2 years of exciting 1st round exits before finally rebuilding through the draft and youth. YEAH!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ray Allen supposedly drawing interest : Point being, Rondo and JON for Al is NOT under-valuing Rondo!! Then, give me Millsap - geez you people!!
    If we cant ge Gasol,,ill take Millsap...both these guys play defense...Millsap hustles all game...Al, not so much...

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dave1325d. Show dave1325d's posts

I like the idea of Ray and a 1st for Ellis. That's a pretty good start to a re-building process. Then moving forward you have Rondo, Ellis, Paul, Green(?) and during the summer throw ur money at Dwight Howard... Then just round out ur bench...

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ray Allen supposedly drawing interest : Yuck!!  We can do better than that.  Rondo and JON for Big Al, Ray for Mo Williams!
    Mo Williams? Rondo is worth more than Big Al alone.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ray Allen supposedly drawing interest : Mo Williams? Rondo is worth more than Big Al alone.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

Salaries match, needs match!  Ray would put the Clips in the WCF against OKC!!  Williams will ask to leave at the end of the year anyway, he is a starting PG!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Critter23. Show Critter23's posts

OK, we don't see the whole story with Rondo either.  He's trying to run an offense with old guys who don't always run, play defense, stay healthy, or shoot consistently--they don't do anything consistently.  And the young guys are inconsistent because they're young.  It must be very frustrating for RR right now after what he has experienced.  Yes, he can score 30 points, 10 rebounds, and 10 assists a night--but I think we all know the team isn't going to win if he does that, just like NY isn't going to win if Melo doesn't change his game, like Chicago didn't win when MJ first got there--no matter what he did.  Get 4 or 5 guys out there running with RR who have a little experience and hops--the good times will come back and we won't be looking ar RR's warts.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]OK, we don't see the whole story with Rondo either.  He's trying to run an offense with old guys who don't always run, play defense, stay healthy, or shoot consistently--they don't do anything consistently.  And the young guys are inconsistent because they're young.  It must be very frustrating for RR right now after what he has experienced.  Yes, he can score 30 points, 10 rebounds, and 10 assists a night--but I think we all know the team isn't going to win if he does that, just like NY isn't going to win if Melo doesn't change his game, like Chicago didn't win when MJ first got there--no matter what he did.  Get 4 or 5 guys out there running with RR who have a little experience and hops--the good times will come back and we won't be looking ar RR's warts.
    Posted by Critter23[/QUOTE]

yep, this is why making a move at the 2 is so important. if we could somehow get Monta Ellis, thats a guy rite there to run with Rondo and maximize his talents, immediate team upgrade. 

its also more intriguing to a guy like Dwight Howard if he is coming to a team with Rondo AND Ellis, maybe Jeff Green? not to mention Doc as coach.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gamble_34. Show Gamble_34's posts

Celtics need to play fastbreak basketball, I think it'd be different if Jeff Green didn't have that setback.  We'd have the energy and the young legs.  Celtics now have to work for their points.  Trading Rondo would only make it worse.  Celtics look good when they're running.  Tony Parker was Rondo early in his career now he's a cornerstone of the Spur franchise. 

Sections
Shortcuts