Ray Allen - terrible, awful, lost Game 4

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

Ray Allen - terrible, awful, lost Game 4

I agree with most of the posters here on how awful and terrible Ray Allen has been on the court, in great display on the last 2 minutes of Game 4 against the 76ers:

1. In the last 1:53, Ray Allen just stood useless while standing at the back of Lavoy Allen en route to a dunk from a pass from L.Williams. An able body could have still made a play for the ball or just simply foul and let the guy shoot free throws.

2. In the 1:22 mark, his defense on that step-back jumper of Igoudala is simply NON-EXISTENT. He was LOST, looking like an AAU midget against a pro.

3. And yes, that 3-ball of Igoudala on the last 36.9 seconds is still on Ray Allen. He may not be the one guarding Igoudala at that time, but the last offensive conversion of Igoudala on just its last play gave him all the confidence and stroke in that shot.

Given his bad ankles at this time, Ray Allen is not an option in the defensive floor should we engage any team in a close game in the last few minutes.

Just disgusting.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: Celtics to win Game 5

Absolutely.  Look for makeup calls if necessary, like the thunder got at the end of game 4.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Re: Ray Allen - terrible, awful, lost Game 4

In Response to Ray Allen - terrible, awful, lost Game 4:
    [QUOTE]  3. And yes, that 3-ball of Igoudala on the last 36.9 seconds is still on Ray Allen. He may not be the one guarding Igoudala at that time, but the last offensive conversion of Igoudala on just its last play gave him all the confidence and stroke in that shot. Posted by great-1957[/QUOTE]

The rest of your credibility is gone after that!
    Do you actually know the % of AI in the postseason this year and against the Cs? All Ray's fault I guess...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen - terrible, awful, lost Game 4:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Ray Allen - terrible, awful, lost Game 4 : The rest of your credibility is gone after that! Do you actually know the % of AI in the postseason this year and against the Cs? All Ray's fault I guess...
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

And what does it say to someone for discussing only one of the 3 items I mentioned? A classic case of guerilla, muddled way of arguing.

Speaking of percentages, since you brought this item up, why not look on the general, undeniable truth that a shooter's chance increases after hitting his last shot (provided both are open shots).

You don't need to look up for percentages in that one. Try it. Go to a basketball court now and try to shoot hoops. Once you start hitting your shots, the next shot becomes easier. It's a universal fact. Now you know.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

After game 2 of the 2010 Finals, Ray was nowhere to be found.
    The same is happening now.
    He can't guard anybody, doesn't pass the ball and is a liability when dribbling.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen - terrible, awful, lost Game 4:
    [QUOTE]After game 2 of the 2010 Finals, Ray was nowhere to be found. The same is happening now. He can't guard anybody, doesn't pass the ball and is a liability when dribbling.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

Dumb post!!

Did you see Allen dribbling the ball and made a nice no look pass to Bass.  And Bass made an easy basket.   That is a heck of a play!!!

Quit bashing on Allen.  He is soon to be 37 years old, and he is playing better than half of the NBA league!!  He never complain!!!  I would take him over Wade who is the dirtest and whiniest player in the league!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

This would be a great thread, if the OP had just a scintilla of truth in it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KenDNP. Show KenDNP's posts

I agree that Ray Allen is the most to be blamed on how we lost the last 2 minutes of Game 4. But I wouldn't go as far as branding him as useless. His presence alone in the Cs offensive set spreads the floor. But then again, he is a major defensive liability.