Ray Allen to Return for 2011-12 Season

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Ray Allen to Return for 2011-12 Season

That's great to hear. Now how can we trade him. )just joking)

Does Allen's #20 end up getting retired by the Celtics?

I have to say no right now. If they could somehow get one more title I think it could be retired.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen to Return for 2011-12 Season:
    That's great to hear. Now how can we trade him. )just joking) Does Allen's #20 end up getting retired by the Celtics? I have to say no right now. If they could somehow get one more title I think it could be retired.
    Posted by BiasLewis

In that case, it definitely won't be retired.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen to Return for 2011-12 Season : In that case, it definitely won't be retired.
    Posted by lakersavenger

Very true. It's like why even ask. Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

that's great. Allen was the Celtics best player this past season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

that's great. Allen was the Celtics best player this past season.
    Posted by guyfromtex

so sad, and yet so true. Cool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Ray will still be going strong, when KG and Paul flame out!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

First: 2/12/2006
    Last: 6/7/2011

Ray will still be going strong, when KG and Paul flame out!!
    ------------------------------------------

like last year? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Glad to have Ray back. It's a real credit to him that he has been able to play as long as he has at the level he has. Not many guys his age are asked to guard Kobe Bryant.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

cshashaty - "Glad to have Ray back. It's a real credit to him that he has been able to play as long as he has at the level he has. Not many guys his age are asked to guard Kobe Bryant."
    --------------------------------------------

Well,,, when your GM is danny ainge and he disposes of better defenders like james posey or tony allen, what else are you going to do. Cool

This is also another reason why the Lakers beat the celtics in the Finals last year. Laughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

How can a Celtic fan not like Ray?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Why would he not return?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

That's great to hear. Now how can we trade him. )just joking) Does Allen's #20 end up getting retired by the Celtics? I have to say no right now. If they could somehow get one more title I think it could be retired.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Couldn't see his number being retired. Garnett perhaps but Allen doesn't mean as much to this team IMO as Garnett does. Without Garnett Boston don't win in 2008. He was Boston's MVP. I know Pierce won the playoff MVP award. But without Garnett, Pierce would not have been in the play offs.

Pierces number will be retired. Garnett is probable but in no way certain.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Is their no possibility after this year that Allen and Kg, maybe o'neal resign for something close to the minimum just to win a championship ?  Just wishfull thinking... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Ray is a bargin at 10 mil for what he can do for this team and the shape he is in.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen to Return for 2011-12 Season : That is arguable. He was the most consistent in the regular season though. Too bad he got obliterated by Wade on the defensive end. He was a layup drill and the weakest starter defensively by a mile in that series.
    Posted by tompenny

This is so bull.  No one can stop Wade as he has proven in the finals.  And Ray is not the weak link in that defense by a long shot.  It's a team defense and the team defense broke down.

Just more hating on Ray on a day we should celebrate a great player, a great Celtic.

Bull.  Big time bull.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RosalieTCeltics. Show RosalieTCeltics's posts

Total agreement there. Ray has been the target of trade rumors ever since they
    won the title in 2007-2008. I, for one, have totally enjoyed having Ray on this
    team for the last four years and am looking forward to another great year by him.  I am tired of all this bull about trading him. He is a very important part 
    of this team and Danny knows that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen to Return for 2011-12 Season : Good for the Celtics organization also because fans will still pay to see Ray Allen play. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

Muahahahahahahahaha pay to see smirk??? Muahahahahahahahaha, yeah maybe a dime!

Mister "I played 1 game in the 2010 finals otherwise I stunk" Allen is a buster!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I really hope that all of the big 3 retire as Celtics.  I would be disappointed to see any of them leave the Celtics and play for another team instead of staying with the Celtics until their retirement. I expect KG to retire before Ray and Paul, but still hope that they all retire with the Celtics. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerT. Show LakerT's posts

ray allen = joke.  He is like the mavericks jason terry as he tends to only show up occasionally in the playoffs and then chokes in the end.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I really hope that all of the big 3 retire as Celtics.  I would be disappointed to see any of them leave the Celtics and play for another team instead of staying with the Celtics until their retirement. I expect KG to retire before Ray and Paul, but still hope that they all retire with the Celtics. 
    Posted by susan250

I think for Ray to retire as a Celtic it depends on whether the Celtics are competitive beyond next year (can they rebuild quickly) and if he's willing to take a diminished role at some point.  The way I see it, next year is the last legitimate shot this current big 3 has to go deep in the playoffs together.  After that, KG and Ray may be gone and the rebuild may be underway unless Ainge can get enough pieces in here, which is possible. 

Ray is good for at least 2-3 more seasons after next.  Even if he can't play 30+ mins. at some point, he'd be valuable to a team needing a shooter off the bench.  And he'll have his choice of teams as a MLE player.

Sections
Shortcuts