Ray Allen- trajectory- anyone else noticed this?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Ray Allen- trajectory- anyone else noticed this?

The last few games i have taken note of the fact that Ray's shot is looking flatter and flatter, as compared with other times during the year.  With this game today it's down to a bout a straight line drive- not your typical Ray trajectory.

It takes more energy to shoot a shot with arc on it, anyone who's played a lot of ball as a shooter knows that.  I'm just a little worried that we are seeing signs of tiredness from Ray this early (half way) into the season.

He did start the season playing more minutes than ever and Doc has not really done much to bring that down.  I'll put it to you this way- if ray gets 36 mins a game the first half (way too much) we had better see him average 31 to 32 at the most the rest of the way this season or we are asking for more post season trouble from ray in the form of extended disappearances.

for the second half doc is going to have to find a SG he can trust for 18 minutes a game or we are screwed.  Additionally, the bench and rondo are going to have to step it up and take care of more business against the lousy teams to give the starters some rest.

That would be optimal, but at the very least, we have to get Ray's mins down 5 a game if you expect him to be there for the playoffs.  From what I see of Von Wafer the last few games, I like it- I don't see any reason why he can't fill the time gap.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: Ray Allen- trajectory- anyone else noticed this?

I think the whole team is kind of hitting the wall, right now.  All the minutes, and Ray is not the only one who has been front rimming or shooting long. It's the legs, and yes it is a cause for concern.

Thank the Gods that Von Wafer is coming along.  He was big today.

But agreed, they have to get the minutes down for all the starters.  The break can't come soon enough.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen- trajectory- anyone else noticed this?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Ray Allen- trajectory- anyone else noticed this? : I also thought he was rushing his shot a little and not getting much lift.....a sure sign of tired legs....
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

another thing i noticed is that his right leg has been uncharacteristically way out in front of him when he's going up for shots.

we need this all star game break big time

and doc needs to put the thinking hat on and light a fire under the bench and manage these minutes down the stretch like he has never managed them before.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Ray Allen- trajectory- anyone else noticed this? : Good points.  That last three looked like a laser.  Ray's value against the Heat is as much running DWade ragged (if he's having a difficult day scoring).  Every excuse in the book has been used as to why Wade has struggled against the C's this year.  I wonder how much is due to the effort expended trying to keep up with Ray.
    Posted by jallen3531[/QUOTE]

you're absolutely right.  now if we can only get things back to where kobe has to guard ray instead of taking vacation in the lane, we'd be in super shape against the lakers.

i have faith that bynum will be out of school soon with a season ending injury and even if he isn't, we need to force kobe to guard ray.  the only one who can do that is rondo.

i really don't think we'll have any trouble with the heat in a playoff series if the magic don't kill them off first.  bosh looks and IS timid and softer than a hot marshmallow and that's going to push a lot of rebouding and inside toughness onto james, who will also get tired just like wade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Ray is playing too many minutes. With Delonte coming back hopefully Doc will cut Ray's minutes down considerably. You're 100% correct Acie. Flat jump shots for a great shooter like Ray is a sign of fatigue.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

Wafer can play. Anyone got an idea how we can collectively channel that thought into Doc's head?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Tj,
    I hope so,  Doc needs to see this kid Wafer could save Ray and get us through the season in one piece.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Yes, Acie, I noticed it too.  Ray plays the second most minutes on the team.  I do not believe this was Doc's and Danny's plan but with all the injuries, they needed points and they do want the best Record in the East if they can get it.  Nate has not delivered and the bench is injured.  So, more minutes for Ray and yes, I think it will show at the end of the season if he has to keep this up.  Even Iron Man Ray will not have the same energy.  Remember a Ray Allen minute on the court running off picks and guarding the 2 guard on other teams (Kobe, Wade, Richardson, etc) is like someone else's 3 or 4 minutes!

Let's hope he can get some rest as the all star break comes and as other subs come back.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Ray is just tired.  He now has the hope of some real bench help however.  Wafer and West seem like guys who can play together and with Ray on the first team in spots.  This the way it was planned before all the injuries.

Wafer is the pleasant surprise.  Nate looks lost at the moment. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yes, when Delonte comes back we'd better see Ray in the 28-32 minute range the rest of this year... we'll only need him for 36-38 in a handful of games...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I noticed he was leaning a little forward on two of his 3-pt attempts.  Whether they were rushed or not, I don't know, but I knew they weren't going in because of his feet and shoulders.  When his feet and shoulders are perfectly square, it's a done deal...................maybe you guys are right and he is tired.  West, Wafer and Nate better come through for the rest of the year!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Ray Allen- trajectory- anyone else noticed this?:
    [QUOTE]The last few games i have taken note of the fact that Ray's shot is looking flatter and flatter, as compared with other times during the year.  With this game today it's down to a bout a straight line drive- not your typical Ray trajectory. It takes more energy to shoot a shot with arc on it, anyone who's played a lot of ball as a shooter knows that.  I'm just a little worried that we are seeing signs of tiredness from Ray this early (half way) into the season. He did start the season playing more minutes than ever and Doc has not really done much to bring that down.  I'll put it to you this way- if ray gets 36 mins a game the first half (way too much) we had better see him average 31 to 32 at the most the rest of the way this season or we are asking for more post season trouble from ray in the form of extended disappearances. for the second half doc is going to have to find a SG he can trust for 18 minutes a game or we are screwed.  Additionally, the bench and rondo are going to have to step it up and take care of more business against the lousy teams to give the starters some rest. That would be optimal, but at the very least, we have to get Ray's mins down 5 a game if you expect him to be there for the playoffs.  From what I see of Von Wafer the last few games, I like it- I don't see any reason why he can't fill the time gap.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

You`re right. Wafer sure looks good in the open court, but can he excel in the halfcourt game? He`s one of the few who can get out and run with Rondo.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ray Allen- trajectory- anyone else noticed this? :   now if we can only get things back to where kobe has to guard ray instead of taking vacation in the lane, we'd be in super shape against the lakers. 

i dont think that will ever happen. Kobe doesnt guard shooting guards period..he guards the point guard. at first i thought that the lakers just had a strategy for kobe to guard rondo, but since ive been tuning in to more laker games (for the hell of it), ive realized that Kobe is always on the point guard. this could be for two reasons, to save himself and his body, or bc Derek Fisher isnt capable of staying with many point guards anymore. in anycase, you wont see Kobe guarding Ray or any sg anytime soon.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ray Allen- trajectory- anyone else noticed this? : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ray Allen- trajectory- anyone else noticed this? :   now if we can only get things back to where kobe has to guard ray instead of taking vacation in the lane, we'd be in super shape against the lakers.  i dont think that will ever happen. Kobe doesnt guard shooting guards period..he guards the point guard. at first i thought that the lakers just had a strategy for kobe to guard rondo, but since ive been tuning in to more laker games (for the hell of it), ive realized that Kobe is always on the point guard. this could be for two reasons, to save himself and his body, or bc Derek Fisher isnt capable of staying with many point guards anymore. in anycase, you wont see Kobe guarding Ray or any sg anytime soon.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

welp, i didn't realize that..... fisher is really that bad.  regardless, we cannot accept rondo being relegated out of the playmaking role in that series, assuming it's going to happen. 

when is fisher's flopper credits going to run out?  not even the announcers can stand him any more.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

personally hoping when west gets back, nate's shooting will come around. maybe when he doesn't have to run the offense, his shooting will improve. that would be one way of reducing ray's mins.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]I noticed he was leaning a little forward on two of his 3-pt attempts.  Whether they were rushed or not, I don't know, but I knew they weren't going in because of his feet and shoulders.  When his feet and shoulders are perfectly square, it's a done deal...................maybe you guys are right and he is tired.  West, Wafer and Nate better come through for the rest of the year!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

yes, this has been going on for several games now.  he's lurching forward on the shot (many of them), with his right foot way out in front and it's like he's throwing line drive darts at the cup... for some reason.  it's got to be fatigue related.

people don't realize how big 5 mins a game is.  in 3 years of over playing ray 5 mins a game, we have played him a whole extra half season!!!  it has to stop NOW if we expect him to be effective deep into the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I fear the worst.  Ray is due to miss shots as he has been starting to do.  Hopefully it won't last long.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

If he has hit his season wall, let it be at the All Star Game. Every year he hits that little wall. Let's hope this year it does not carry into the post season. The C's need his game to compete against the upper echelon teams.

Sections
Shortcuts