Ray Allen versus Derek Fisher

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Ray Allen versus Derek Fisher

I'm sure Phil Jackson will use the same strategy that they used in the Finals to defend Ray Allen. Kobe will be on Rondo and Fish will chase Ray around those screens. If Ray scores 20 points on the Lakers most likely it will be a Celtic win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Re: Ray Allen versus Derek Fisher

Fish did a good job on Ray last year. I think Ray may need to look at posting Fish. I believe he would have some success. I know Ray is not a great back to the basket player, but he is decent enough to get the job done.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

I think we will see Kobe guarding Rondo again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen versus Derek Fisher:
    Fish did a good job on Ray last year. I think Ray may need to look at posting Fish. I believe he would have some success. I know Ray is not a great back to the basket player, but he is decent enough to get the job done.
    Posted by OneNation

And Fisher is VERY physical so he's sure to pick up some fouls if Ray takes him underneath.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen versus Derek Fisher : And Fisher is VERY physical so he's sure to pick up some fouls if Ray takes him underneath.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Very good point Celts. In actuality, I think Rays post up game is underrated.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Artest kneed Ray in the thigh in the third game of the finals and that was it for Ray in the series as far as three pointers go.  Fish cannot cover Ray if he is not injured.  If Ray is fine he will destroy Fish. My guess is Shannon Brown will be on Ray most of the game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

Artest kneed Ray in the thigh in the third game of the finals and that was it for Ray in the series as far as three pointers go.  Fish cannot cover Ray if he is not injured.  If Ray is fine he will destroy Fish. My guess is Shannon Brown will be on Ray most of the game.
    Posted by concord27

That's exactly right; that's exactly what happen.  Fakers knew that if they stopped Ray, the Celtics would struggles, therefore they, nodoubt, cheap shot him.  Fakers are bunch of cheating thugs...and their hitmen, namely Stern's nba refs are too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen versus Derek Fisher : That's exactly right; that's exactly what happen.  Fakers knew that if they stopped Ray, the Celtics would struggles, therefore they, nodoubt, cheap shot him.  Fakers are bunch of cheating thugs...and their hitmen, namely Stern's nba refs are too.
    Posted by rayallen1

Agree that officating could ultimately determine who wins this game today.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

You know what I noticed about Ray against L.A...He likes to bang. I mean I was watching off the ball and he an Fisher were beating the hell out of each other. And Ray was just getting stronger and his shot was just as pretty. Kudos to the Iron Man of the Boston Celtics, Ray Allen.

Nuff said.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen versus Derek Fisher : It staggers me how many of you blame little boo-boos for the C's losing last year.  KG, Perk, now Ray Ray got bumped in the leg?  You got to be kidding me. There were injuries on both sides.  Always is.  LA is better.
    Posted by Logicalmind

Yea they looked better yesterday

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Has anyone noticed Rondos man, Koby, playing a zone in the middle and taking away Ray's moves, If Rondo could muster up the confidence to shoot the mid range jumer at say 40% , that would help Ray and Paul get better and easier shots.  Watch the game, even the recent win.  There are a lot of NBA guards that would like to be in Rondo's shoes. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen versus Derek Fisher : It staggers me how many of you blame little boo-boos for the C's losing last year.  KG, Perk, now Ray Ray got bumped in the leg?  You got to be kidding me. There were injuries on both sides.  Always is.  LA is better.
    Posted by Logicalmind

And in 2008, there were NO injury excuses, right?

LA is NOT better, not right now.  Maybe by June, but not today!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

The Lakers have no answer for the Celtics.  They cannot leave Fisher or Blake to defend Rondo NOR can they leave Fisher to defend Ray.  When Kobe left Rondo yesterday, he did not double anyone hard enough to negatively affect their game.  Kobe did not make it tough for Pierce, Ray or KG.  Then when Rondo finally got rolling, there was nothing the Lakers could do.

I honestly don't understand the Laker's strategy.  I don't understand why Kobe leaves Rondo.  Kobe needs to defend Rondo as tight as possible to limit Rondo's freelancing which results in huge assist numbers.  When Rondo is out there alone, he's free to see the court and make the pinpoint passes where Ray and Paul need them.  Seems to me that if someone made that process tough for Rondo, it would affect our entire offense.

I think that is where Barnes may come in.  Maybe they plan to run Kobe at the point and use Barnes on Ray when he returns.  I don't know but the way it is now for the Lakers, it's not working.  Also, I'd love to see Kobe running the point.  We'd run them even more and then pressure him when he brings the ball up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Kobe has said that he cannot cover Rondo without him blowing by him.  That is why he gives him a wide berth. I am not speculating I read it last year during the finals.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

fisher is the biggest fraud in the league.  he's the floopper extraordinaire who has no business being in the league.  other than he thugs people around on defense in between flopping at the mere sight of a pick.

i can't believe the refs give this guy credibility any longer.

even the often-lakers-lackey announcers were noting, multiple times through painful slow motion replays that fisher is the biggest fraud on defense in the league.  i don't know how this can escape the eye of the refs and league office.

there is no reason that ray, who outweighs fisher, cannot take him into the post and simply shoot easy short shots over him.  the only reason that i can think of that would hinder it is if kobe is sagging off and doubling down on ray before he even gets the ball / as soon as he does. 

that can't happen this year or we are dead meat.

Sections
Shortcuts