Ray Allen vs Paul Pierce

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Ray Allen vs Paul Pierce

In Response to Re: Ray Allen vs Paul Pierce:
    In Response to Re: Ray Allen vs Paul Pierce : rame, I think that was not your original argument. You didn't say pairing Ray or Pierce with the 2nd best player on the team.  Here's what you said: I meant it as I'd rather take elite superstar SG Ray and then add a very good starter like Caron Butler, Andre Iguodala or Luol Deng next to him at SF. Those guys give you 75% of PP and are easier to find.  If I chose elite superstar Pierce at SF and then went to find a SG who'd give me 75% of what Ray does I'd end up with Morrow, Jason Terry or Michael Redd...
    Posted by P34

Originally I didn't say that no, I was responding to someone saying 'you cannot compare a Pierce-'Toine duo to a Ray-Rashard duo. You most certainly can. They are in fact PERFECT examples to compare of a superstar and a borderline all-star in their 20's that will make a club good but not great.

When it comes to comparing the two best players on a team I'd say those are equal duo's. The '05 Sonics were just as good as the '02 Celtics as far as decent playoff teams with no hope at a title b/c they are missing more talent.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Originally I said if I were building a team and had the choice between Ray and Paul.. and I was the GM... I'd take Ray 1st... as much as I love Paul this is b/c SF's with close to Paul's skill-set are much easier to find around the league than guys like Ray.

I'd rather have Ray and Deng or Ray and Butler than Pierce and Anthony Morrow or Pierce and Jason Terry. The drop from Ray to the 'other' elite shooters at his position is greater than that from Paul to other elite scorers who do many things well like Paul does.

I went on to say that historically they are near equal as far as how we'll view all-time greats... players in the top 50 all-time. Mitch Richmond meanwhile is a step, or tier, below their talent and 'all-time great' status.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Originally I said if I were building a team and had the choice between Ray and Paul.. and I was the GM... I'd take Ray 1st... as much as I love Paul this is b/c SF's with close to Paul's skill-set are much easier to find around the league than guys like Ray. I'd rather have Ray and Deng or Ray and Butler than Pierce and Anthony Morrow or Pierce and Jason Terry. The drop from Ray to the 'other' elite shooters at his position is greater than that from Paul to other elite scorers who do many things well like Paul does. I went on to say that historically they are near equal as far as how we'll view all-time greats... players in the top 50 all-time. Mitch Richmond meanwhile is a step, or tier, below their talent and 'all-time great' status.
    Posted by rameakap

As long as Pierce and Ray are above Mitch Richmond that's good enough for me.

Really can't believe a Celtic fan could hate Paul Pierce so much and put Pierce on the same level with Richmond.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen vs Paul Pierce : As long as Pierce and Ray are above Mitch Richmond that's good enough for me. Really can't believe a Celtic fan could hate Paul Pierce so much and put Pierce on the same level with Richmond.
    Posted by P34

Don't sleep on Mitch tho

In the 90's he was to Jordan what Ray was to Kobe in the 00's

Of course he is a SG and Pierce a SF so you shouldn't really compare them anyhow.

Compare Paul to Clyde Drexler, Mark Aquirre, Bernard King, John Havlicek, Adrian Dantley, Rick Barry. He is in that class. Somewhere between 8-15 of all-time great SF's.

(Bird, Dr. J, Pippen, Baylor, Gervin, Nique and Dirk are prob my top 7 unless you call Dirk a PF)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

The "my star is bigger than your star" argument has no end game, because much of it is based on emotion, and it usually brings out the worst in people. Enjoy the fight.
    Posted by TeamUmbutu

Right on. Are these guys even adults? Doesn't sound like it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen vs Paul Pierce : Right on. Are these guys even adults? Doesn't sound like it.
    Posted by basketbert

My agenda is not about Paul Pierce. I'm a Celtic fan first and a Paul Pierce fan second. I'm just trying to expose kyceltic for the fraud that he really is. I mean how could you be a Celtic fan if you hate Pierce?

"If Pierce missing a last second shot made me happy, i'd be estatic by now!"

Re: HOW MANY MORE PERFECT GAMES IS PIERCE GOING TO HAVE IN A ROW?

posted at 1/22/2011 11:41 PM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406">
    First: 2/12/2006
    Last: 1/23/2011
    In Response to Re: HOW MANY MORE PERFECT GAMES IS PIERCE GOING TO HAVE IN A ROW?:
    In Response to Re: HOW MANY MORE PERFECT GAMES IS PIERCE GOING TO HAVE IN A ROW? : Still, you haven't answered my question, are you happy that the Celtics lost because Pierce missed?
    Posted by P34

If Pierce missing a last second shot made me happy, i'd be estatic by now!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Don't worry guys, this Ray vs. Pierce thing is over. kyceltic already changed his avatar from Ray to Toine. Guess you could say that kyceltic got exposed when he said he would trade Ray Allen for Danny Granger in a minute!

This is what kyceltic had to say after Ray missed that dunk in the 4th qtr.

"Danny Granger wouldn't have missed that dunk!!"

Re: HOW MANY MORE PERFECT GAMES IS PIERCE GOING TO HAVE IN A ROW?

posted at 1/22/2011 11:09 PM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406">
    First: 2/12/2006
    Last: 1/23/2011
    In Response to Re: HOW MANY MORE PERFECT GAMES IS PIERCE GOING TO HAVE IN A ROW?:
    In Response to Re: HOW MANY MORE PERFECT GAMES IS PIERCE GOING TO HAVE IN A ROW? : Seriously, you happy tonight that the Celtics lost because Pierce missed that 10-footer? How about Ray Allen missing that dunk, were you unhappy about that?
    Posted by P34

Danny Granger wouldn't have missed that dunk!!  Happy, unhappy, we go through so many emotions during a game, don't we?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen vs Paul Pierce : Right on. Are these guys even adults? Doesn't sound like it.
    Posted by basketbert

We try to encourage these guys to move on but they just can't.  Sometimes your dislike for someone won't allow you to move on even after you've made the same point 20 times over.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen vs Paul Pierce : We try to encourage these guys to move on but they just can't.  Sometimes your dislike for someone won't allow you to move on even after you've made the same point 20 times over.  
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

kyceltic has moved on, from Ray to Toine. 

HAHAHA!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

My 2 cents. Besides Doc and Big Mac, Ray is probably my favorite NBA player of all time. Having said that I give the nod to PP over Ray as a better all around player. Compare Prime Rib to Filet Mignon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Clearing any mis conceptions, Doc meaning Julius (is their any other Doc) and PP just a fraction better than Ray all around.

Sections
Shortcuts