Ray Allen wants multi-year deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Ray Allen wants multi-year deal

I think we're going to reach a point where Ainge probably wants to move him to get some assets and Allen knows it. So let the negotiation for a new deal get started.

I would give KG and RA year to year deals from this point on...no multi year deals. Allen is still playing at an acceptable level but i would like to see Moore get some minutes. RA would be a great 6th man next year if he would stay with the C's.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: Ray Allen wants multi-year deal

Where are your sources saying Allen wants a multi-year deal?  I would do a two year at a reduced price.  If we have a replacement ready to step in and start, then RA can come off the bench.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We are at game six.  Let's see how this season and Ray's play unfolds.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Well we need to use all our cap space to get young players who fit Rondo's style.

I can see why Ray wants to finish his career in Boston (he loves New England and his mom obv lives in the area) b/c he knows he has a shot at going up in the rafters. He is old school and would probably love that.

So after spending our cap space we could offer Ray the full MLE over 2 years (10m) or the mini-MLE (6m) and then his contract would be up at the same time as Pierce and at the same age Reggie Miller was when he retired

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Ray is the perfect 6th man - behind a Young or a Mayo.......or Brooks (darn it!!)

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I have a kid on our JV team in CA (I'll get her next year) who wears #20.....I think we can all figure out why!!  Had I known this, I would have brought her up to Varsity this year.....LOL!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Ray certainly is the Robert Parish of the current big 3 (KG is Bird and Pierce is McHale)

Oldest, quietest and most durable

Robert was a career 14.5 point and 9.7 rebound Center. The year he was 36 (Ray's age now) he went for 15.7p and 10.1r. Then he played SEVEN more seasons.

Ray is a career 20 point per game guy and that is what he is at right now. He posted career high's in FG% and 3-point FG% last year

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

In Response to Ray Allen wants multi-year deal:
    [QUOTE]I think we're going to reach a point where Ainge probably wants to move him to get some assets and Allen knows it. So let the negotiation for a new deal get started. I would give KG and RA year to year deals from this point on...no multi year deals. Allen is still playing at an acceptable level but i would like to see Moore get some minutes. RA would be a great 6th man next year if he would stay with the C's.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]
    I dont get it,why in the world u wanna put RA to 6th man when he plays the best basketball in his career?and I don't se moore getting ahead now or for couple of years from RA. RA is in the best shape of his life and i will tell you doc will never let RA to come off the beach next year for moore.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen wants multi-year deal:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Ray Allen wants multi-year deal : I dont get it,why in the world u wanna put RA to 6th man when he plays the best basketball in his career?and I don't se moore getting ahead now or for couple of years from RA. RA is in the best shape of his life and i will tell you doc will never let RA to come off the beach next year for moore.
    Posted by datruthpp34[/QUOTE]

You are incorrect.  He is SHOOTING the best of his career.  His on ball defense and passing has declined measurably!!  He can actually prolong his career by being a sniper off the bench like Dale Ellis, Michael Finley and Robert Horry!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

what is not to love about ray allen being a member of the celtics?

but, red-16,russ-11 is correct.  ray is not as good on defense as he was even last year and his defensive capability is likely to continue to fade much faster than his ability to shoot.  even doc rivers made mention of the team having to help ray more this year on defense.

i am not sure if ray was a better passer before coming to the celtics, but passing, in my opinion, has been his weakness in his years in boston.

becoming a 6th man will most definitely prolong his career, but i am not so sure that he has to become a non-starter as soon as next year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ray Allen wants multi-year deal : You are incorrect.  He is SHOOTING the best of his career.  His on ball defense and passing has declined measurably!!  He can actually prolong his career by being a sniper off the bench like Dale Ellis, Michael Finley and Robert Horry!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Definitely agree with you about Ray Allen.  He would be a good addition to the Celtics bench for the next couple of years.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Why are you guys saying ray's on ball d is down?  It's KG who keeps getting torched.  I didn't see nick young doing much night before last.  I didnt' get to see the hornets game, but I'm trying to think of times I remember seeing guys go around ray this year and I'm drawing a blank.

Plus, ray drains the opposing 2 by running him into screens.  You lose that if you drop his minutes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

ray allen is the best athlete out of the big three, he is the one where you wouldnt really be gambling on a multi year deal unless he gets injured, but that could happen to anyone

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Ray should start b/c that means he plays most of his minutes next to Rondo... a terrible 3 point shooter paired with the best shooter ever.

It would just be his minutes you reduce... he should be at 30-32 this year, then when we (hopefully) bring in a young SG next year Ray can get 22-26 mins and 18-22 mins the final 2 years of his career... like Reggie Miller when they brought in Stephen Jackson

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ray Allen wants multi-year deal : You are incorrect.  He is SHOOTING the best of his career.  His on ball defense and passing has declined measurably!!  He can actually prolong his career by being a sniper off the bench like Dale Ellis, Michael Finley and Robert Horry!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]
    You are incorrect,.RA is a liltle bit better than kg when you talking about defense.
    He might be a good fit off the bench eventually like most vets ends up but not in the next 2 years,.he still have the ability to run and score and defend like a starter do.,I mean would you start sophomore like moore than ray?enough said!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sev133. Show Sev133's posts

I'm sure ray allen's defense may have slowed because his athletic ability has declined SOME.  His cardio may be as good as ever, along with his shooting, but his one on one game is not nearly as good as in his prime.  He used to be able to beat his man off the dribble and take it to the rim as well as create mid range jumpers for himself.  Now he shoots less and takes smarter shots and plays to his strengths.  However, for the most part I agree that ray allens decline as a shooting guard is minimal and in this system he can be an even more efficient scorer without being as athletic as he once was.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

the only reason I don't want Ray around next year is because of his wife Shannon's just horrible show called the pregame meal. That show made me want to barf and it was on like 10x a day every single day. I couldn't even watch that trash for 10 seconds. Thank God Ray got her pregnant so the show was postponed. Couldn't imagine another 3 years of that garbage.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

RAY ALLEN DESERVES A 2 YEAR DEAL

LIKE MAYBE $6M NEXT SEASON AND $3M AFTER...

I'D EVEN GIVE RAY ALLEN A NO TRADE CLAUSE

IF THERE'S ONE GUY IN THE ENTIRE WORLD OF PROFESIONAL SPORTS WHO YOU CAN TRUST WILL EARN HIS PAYCHECK, IT'S RAY ALLEN....NO OTHER PLAYER COULD BE TRUSTED WITH A NO TRADE CLAUSE  MORE THAN RAY ALLEN. HE DESERVES THIS RESPECT. HE HAS TOTALLY EARNED EVERY PENNY HIS ENTIRE TIME IN BOSTON. RAY ALLEN HAS BEEN FANTASTIC. BOTH ENDS. MAJOR MINUTES.

NO BRAINER,

BRING BACK RAY ALLEN. THERE'S NO ONE BETTER AT THAT PRICE RANGE.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Name me a player in the NBA who doesn't want one.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Sign Ray only if he comes back for the bare minimum. If Danny has any credibility he offers a 1 year deal for the minimum and re-evaluates after the following season!

Sections
Shortcuts