ray allen...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

ray allen...

i know he had a nice game...BUT... when he missed that layup i knew we would lose.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: ray allen...

Ray had a lot of good games during the losing streak earlier this year.  His points don't seem to transfer into wins.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigegg. Show bigegg's posts

In Response to Re: ray allen...:
    [QUOTE]Ray had a lot of good games during the losing streak earlier this year.  His points don't seem to transfer into wins.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I am sorry. I would rather not to see him at the end of a game.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

35+ minutes for Ray??!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

He scores 22 points on 9 for 14 shooting and 1 turnover and the TWO people at SG for the other team score 14 points (9 off free throws) and half of those were when he wasn't in the game.......but the loss is his fault?   

If Paul played HALF as good as he did the last couple of games, we win going away.  If we get just half as good a job on their point guard as we got against Orlando, we win going away.   Overall, the team just didn't play as well.   We outrebounded Indiana 45 to 42.  Tonight we got outrebounded 37 to 33.  Think that makes a difference in whether we win.

This loss is about the team's inconsistency, particularly in rebounding.  We need offense and rebounding because we aren't going to face an Orlando team every week.  Most people can score and we better be able to not have our turnovers and our poor rebounding to help them.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

[QUOTE]Pietrus grabbed 8 rebounds in the last game and he only gets 16 minutes tonight?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

One good rebounding game doesn't make you a great rebounder.  If you look at his stats, his average in rebounds over the course of his career is less than Ray. Ray averages 4 rebounds a game, vs. Peitrus is only 2 rebounds a game.  Ray is actually a better rebounder than Peitrus if we simply go by the stats.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ray allen... : In the 4 games that Ray was absent the Celts were averaging 40.75 rebounds per game. Tonight Ray comes back and the Celts could only get 33 total rebounds.

Miami won a championship when Gary Payton was the guard beside Wade.  Payton retired and Miami has not won a championship with Lebron.  Was Payton the key?

Miami won 6 games by 10 or more points without Wade in the lineup.  He came back and they barely won.  Was Wade the problem to them winning?

There are some irrelevant facts for you, just like yours.  You are the master or connecting irrelevant and unrelated facts to make some incorrect point.

Our winning is tied to whether or not our bigs rebound well, period.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ray allen... : I mean come on! What else does Ray do besides shoot the ball? Ray does not hustle, box out, or play good D. Those are the 3 things that led to this Celtic loss tonight.

Exactly, thats why he shoud be our Klye Korver......Pietrus should start

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ray allen... : I mean come on! What else does Ray do besides shoot the ball? Ray does not hustle, box out, or play good D. Those are the 3 things that led to this Celtic loss tonight.

We watched a different game tonight if you thought Ray wasn't hustling.  You don't get rebounds nor assists by not hustling.  No matter.  I am with Doc, you are with the other posters who think Ray doesn't hustle.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Ray probably shouldn't be out there when you need a stop, a rebound,  a loose ball, or any speed and quickness. I thought we'd learned this.

I see a shooters role for him. 5 minutes a quarter seems about right... more if we're losing maybe. Come into the game and bust 'em. Then sit and let some better legs play... especially if we've got a lead.

Anybody remember a playoff game (maybe Bullets) when Don Nelson got like 25 in the first half off triple picks? Tommy didn't play him in the 2nd half. Said, "He'd already done his job."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Doc sub pattern sucks.....how bout going with what got you there. Just remember....Ray was injured when the winning streak began.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

OK, I'm trying to move on and trying to understand your point of view.  But, you just keep going.  I'm going to try one more time before starting to say unprofessional and nasty things.   

1. Ray is not a good defender.
    2. Ray, imo, does hustle and does add more value than just a shooter.
    3. If they could do a great move and make this a championship contender without Ray, they should go for it.  I don't think they'll find a team that will give them that good of a center, including Amare.

In the end, we won't agree on this.  Let's talk about something else.  I respect your opinion, but I disagree.

Now - let's move on for the last time. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Experience is important. Ray is one of the classiest guys in the league. Everyone loves him, deservedly so.

It's still a game of speed and quickness. A ball's on the floor... who'll get it?

It won't be PP or KG. Not their fault. They've slowed down. Now add Ray and JO...
    see the problem. They won't get it either... some 25 yr. old will.

We've got to mix it up a little better. No knock on those old guys. We just need some juice.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ray allen... : We watched a different game tonight if you thought Ray wasn't hustling.  You don't get rebounds nor assists by not hustling.  No matter.  I am with Doc, you are with the other posters who think Ray doesn't hustle.  
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I'm with you.  Not sure how anyone can watch this game and blame it on Ray. If it wasn't for Ray, the Cavs might have blown the Celtics out.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

The 4th quarter we flat stayed with the subs too long.  Doc was trying to save PP and KG some time played. Ray had a good SHOOTING night.  Thats it. He doesn't help out on defense ver seldom.  You may want to say if PP had "half" the game he has been have we win.   Yes he had 7 to's which were too many but at least 2 and maybe three were not his fault.  Avery fumbled one out of bounds and I am sure PP got credit for it. If you think Paul had a bad game just because of TO's  you weren't watching the game.  You combine Pauls to's and Ray's lack of defense and rebounding and this is it.  We were able to overcome Pauls to's in recent games. Our defense was  bad tonight.  Last 4-5 games we had intensity on defense and played it, got stops.  You dicide why our defense couldn't get stops or rebound tonight against a team that also I think is leading the league in to's. (i think i heard that)
    The non call on PP was HUGE.  The missed WIDE open layup by Ray didn't help matters either.

Sections
Shortcuts