Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Ray allen's ankle?????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobbestgolf. Show bobbestgolf's posts

Ray allen's ankle?????

I'm very respectful of Ray Allen as a class act and a great NBA talent, but if his ankle is not responding to treatment and he continues to be a bench supporter I feel he might as well have the surgery now and get ready for next season. His availablity for the year's playoff is in my estimation about 0-5%. As a dequoy oncei n the game it would be only a few moments before the other team would not play him close or he would not spread the floor for the offense to operate. He definitely is a true Celtic and a hall of famer. All comments welcome.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Ray allen's ankle?????

In Response to Ray allen's ankle?????:
    I'm very respectful of Ray Allen as a class act and a great NBA talent, but if his ankle is not responding to treatment and he continues to be a bench supporter I feel he might as well have the surgery now and get ready for next season. His availablity for the year's playoff is in my estimation about 0-5%. As a dequoy oncei n the game it would be only a few moments before the other team would not play him close or he would not spread the floor for the offense to operate. He definitely is a true Celtic and a hall of famer. All comments welcome.
    Posted by bobbestgolf

My guess is that he is hoping that he will be able to play at some point during the playoffs.  Even a few minutes a game if possible.   We can't really be sure of his decision not to have the surgery, but I would imagine that he is remaining optimistic about returning, even though his return is very uncertain. 

Sections
Shortcuts