Ray Allen's minutes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Ray Allen's minutes

Wafer isn't productive when he's on the court. That's the main reason why Ray plays a lot of minutes when West is out. 

I think Ainge is just waiting for Dec. 15. Everything changes when that trade restriction, for all newly signed free-agents, is gone. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen's minutes:
    [QUOTE]Wafer isn't productive when he's on the court. That's the main reason why Ray plays a lot of minutes when West is out.  I think Ainge is just waiting for Dec. 15. Everything changes when that trade restriction, for all newly signed free-agents, is gone. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Not sure I like Wafer but he needs some time with some of the starters and he might be a lot more productive.  He has a good stroke I think.  He just doesn't get a lot of shots when he is playing on the second team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ray Allen's minutes : Not sure I like Wafer but he needs some time with some of the starters and he might be a lot more productive.  He has a good stroke I think.  He just doesn't get a lot of shots when he is playing on the second team.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

It's not his shooting ability, it's his decision making. Tonight, there was one play where he was open near the FT line, but instead of shooting he passed the ball to a teammate who was not really open under the basket.

Again, I think Ainge is just waiting for Dec. 15 to come and go.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Ray Allen's minutes:
    [QUOTE]I like several other people on this site have voiced their concerns about Ray getting worn down later in the season by playing too many minutes. Doc trusts Delonte, but he's out for a long time.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

the story of the treads being worn off of ray's sneakers this year is the same as last.  why doesn't doc play marquis 25 minutes a night?  if marquis can't cover 12 mins at 2 and 12 at 3 then what good is he to have at all? 

just forget about wafer, he's a f art in the wind as far as this roster goes.  he won't get time.  so will doc actually BE a GOOD coach and NOT kill ray allen in the next 20-30 games while delonte is out?

the answer will come in the box scores with ray @ 39, 40, 42 a night in meaningless games, or not.  EVERY YEAR we have had ray, he's gone into the coffin the post season for key stretches, each time more alarmingly so than the last.  it doesn't have to be that way.  take tonight- 43 minutes against the lowly raptors.  marquis logged 13 minutes to his young legs.  if marquis is not fitting in then cut him and get someone else already.

we've done it (killed ray) twice, to do it a third time would be a real sin.  we can't afford any mistakes this year or it is easily the difference in winning it all or not.  the team is very possibly too old to withstand another playoff disappearance by ray and not have it cost a series.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Ray Allen's minutes : the story of the treads being worn off of ray's sneakers this year is the same as last.  why doesn't doc play marquis 25 minutes a night?  if marquis can't cover 12 mins at 2 and 12 at 3 then what good is he to have at all?  just forget about wafer, he's a f art in the wind as far as this roster goes.  he won't get time.  so will doc actually BE a GOOD coach and NOT kill ray allen in the next 20-30 games while delonte is out? the answer will come in the box scores with ray @ 39, 40, 42 a night in meaningless games, or not.  EVERY YEAR we have had ray, he's gone into the coffin the post season for key stretches, each time more alarmingly so than the last.  it doesn't have to be that way.  take tonight- 43 minutes against the lowly raptors.  marquis logged 13 minutes to his young legs.  if marquis is not fitting in then cut him and get someone else already. we've done it (killed ray) twice, to do it a third time would be a real sin.  we can't afford any mistakes this year or it is easily the difference in winning it all or not.  the team is very possibly too old to withstand another playoff disappearance by ray and not have it cost a series.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

“A lot of minutes, which I didn’t like,’’ Rivers said.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Let's wait and see what Ainge does after Dec. 15.

If Ainge drafted James Anderson the backup SG problem would have been solved as early as Draft night. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Let's wait and see what Ainge does after Dec. 15. If Ainge drafted James Anderson the backup SG problem would have been solved as early as Draft night. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

P34, I know your position on Bradley but I would like to see some minutes  for him each game.  Let him play with a couple hall of famers, and let him slow down a little.  He may be a very good player.  Of course we all know Doc doesn't like to play rooks unless there is no option.   You can see how much Erden has grown getting his minutes.  Maybe the same here with a solud defensive player.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ray Allen's minutes : P34, I know your position on Bradley but I would like to see some minutes  for him each game.  Let him play with a couple hall of famers, and let him slow down a little.  He may be a very good player.  Of course we all know Doc doesn't like to play rooks unless there is no option.   You can see how much Erden has grown getting his minutes.  Maybe the same here with a solud defensive player.

The difference between Erden and Bradley is the Celtics gave Erden time to develop his game overseas. With Bradley, the Celtics want him to learn while he's in the NBA sitting and watching or playing in the D-League. 

There's no doubt that Bradley is a GREAT player and a gifted athlete. The problem is he's NOT a PG! 

Right now the Celtics only have 11 players that can actually play because there's no way Doc will play Bradley unless he's the only Guard available. Last night's game against the Raptors is an indication of how Doc feels about Bradley. 

Bradley can't even get playing time when the Celtics are facing teams like the Raptors and the Nets. That says it all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

Work RA to death now and when the post season comes around
    he want be able to shoot the ball in the Pacific ocean, it did not
    make since  in that game to play him that many minutes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I wish Ray didn't have to play this many minutes but Wafer is truly lost out there adding no value so Ray has to play.  Nate is too small to be his backup for long and West is out.   I believe in the second half of the season, Doc will start reducing his minutes but of the Big 3, I believe Ray is best conditioned and takes care of himself.....so I worry less about his minutes than I would Paul.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]I wish Ray didn't have to play this many minutes but Wafer is truly lost out there adding no value so Ray has to play.  Nate is too small to be his backup for long and West is out.   I believe in the second half of the season, Doc will start reducing his minutes but of the Big 3, I believe Ray is best conditioned and takes care of himself.....so I worry less about his minutes than I would Paul.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you when it comes to Paul's minutes.  I think the diffeence this year when we get to the playoffs will be SHAQ, JON, ERDEN, West and Robinson.  Robinson has seemed to found his touch and I think will be a great asset during the playoffs.   We have the bigs to bang with any team out there.  Im not too worried, right now!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

IN Wafer's defense he has not logged enough minutes on a consistent basis to tell if he can do it or not.  We was on a nice roll at one time and then he just disappeared.  West and Perk may not be back, but it looks like they may return in Feburary.  With enough time to work their way back into the rotation. I think Wafer and our first round choice could give us some help at this time of the year if they were coached properly.  Shack has been a pleasant suprise but we need JO back soon.  We are just a stronger team when he is available.  Luke is an option if given some consistent minutes, he can do some of it all.  Paul, Ray, Kenvin and Shack do need some rest this time of the year.  It is up to doc. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Ray played perhaps his best game of the season last night dishing out eight dimes without a turnover.  But I have to agree with aciemvp that forty three minutes is just not acceptable.  There has to be a better option, but until Doc is willing to let the rookies gain some experience on the floor (and he has shown time and time again that he won't), I'm afraid we will indeed see Ray disappear in the playoffs.  I thought for sure West's injury would open up some PT for the end of the bench, especially with Rondo hurting, but apparently Doc is going to stick with his burn out the old guys approach.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ray Allen's minutes : http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2010/11/27/rondo_feeds_into_it/ “A lot of minutes, which I didn’t like,’’ Rivers said.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

i know, doc's a post game gem- he always says the right things.  but did he follow that up with "marquis was just too pooped to go any longer"???????

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Sit Ray Allen and bring him in with the second team?  You're kidding, right?  Ray and his 3's are big part of the reason we built a lead last night in the 1st qtr.  It all works together.  Ray spreads the floor and helps KG and Shaq.  Without Ray, we lose a threat that can really spread the floor (or just kill them if the D sags into the middle!!).  

Putting Ray with the second team hurts HIS opportunities (too much pressure on him) and hurts the starters.   

Popovich tried this experiment for the last 2 years or so....and got burned.  He had arguably his best player on the bench to start games to give punch to the second team.  This year, he starts his 4 best players (Duncan, Jefferson, Parker, AND Ginobli).  Look at the result.  Just like us, they build leads and make the opposition chase them most of the game (which is better than trying to come from behind or running it close all game long).

Ray needs to continue to start.  Let's not screw up a good thing!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Ray is a starter period!

The Celtics will just have to wait until after Dec. 15 to do something about the backup SG problem. If they only drafted James Anderson...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

LOL....gotta get that Anderson comment in there, huh, P34?   I actually agree with you....but you no longer have to express your opinion on that one - we KNOW where you stand - smile.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

[QUOTE]Ray is a starter period! ...Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Agreed... Nuff' Said.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I wish Doc would give either Bradley or Wafer 2-4 minutes a game even if its the first half of a game.  It would save Ray a few minutes a nite which would be huge over the course of the season.  Are we just flat goin to lose if we played these guys in the first half of game?  Doubtful.  They may actually turn in some positive performances as well as get needed experience.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

maybe they should consider moving bradley to the back up pg (just in delontes absence) and move nate to the 2 spot. i think nate would thrive in this role, but i also think it would cut minutes greatly for Ray Ray. a shooter needs his legs in the playoffs..and we need Ray to be somewhat fresh. hes a HUGE part of the offense, although he tends to go under the radar

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ray Allen's minutes : P34, I know your position on Bradley but I would like to see some minutes  for him each game.  Let him play with a couple hall of famers, and let him slow down a little.  He may be a very good player.  Of course we all know Doc doesn't like to play rooks unless there is no option.   You can see how much Erden has grown getting his minutes.  Maybe the same here with a solud defensive player.

dude ...i agree with you...also , we've seen how much "RONDO"

has grown playing ...WITH...the BIG-3....BRADLEY just needs

some floor time to show what he can & cannot do ....

Sections
Shortcuts