RAY at 51% from floor and 52% from 3, where will he level off? scored 15 of 17 in the 4th and another game-winner!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: RAY at 51% from floor and 52% from 3, where will he level off? scored 15 of 17 in the 4th and another game-winner!

Ray is gone.  He's a Heat now.  Those who want to hate on him because he left, however, are just blind.  Of course he's better than Terry and Lee ( his assists, rebounds, shooting percent, and scoring proves it).  Danny kept trying to trade him more than ANY other player and then expected loyalty from Ray?  Doc forgot that Ray could do more than sit in the corner.  I DID watch the Heat game last night.....all of it, and Ray was driving past his man for layups, back door cuts, pull up jumpers, and raining open 3's, plus hitting free throws ( he did miss one at the very end).  The guy still has it!

i'll always pull for Ray.  He's a classy, dedicated, community oriented family man.  But, I still want  to kick the Heat butt for stealing our guy.  Shame on you, Danny, for not showing a little love to keep the assassin here.

let's get back to the present, however - Ray is the past for us.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: RAY at 51% from floor and 52% from 3, where will he level off? scored 15 of 17 in the 4th and another game-winner!

Show a little love?  Your kidding right?   He offered a ton more cash,  and a no trade clause.  What other love would like Danny to show him?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ray is gone.  He's a Heat now.  Those who want to hate on him because he left, however, are just blind.  Of course he's better than Terry and Lee ( his assists, rebounds, shooting percent, and scoring proves it).  Danny kept trying to trade him more than ANY other player and then expected loyalty from Ray?  Doc forgot that Ray could do more than sit in the corner.  I DID watch the Heat game last night.....all of it, and Ray was driving past his man for layups, back door cuts, pull up jumpers, and raining open 3's, plus hitting free throws ( he did miss one at the very end).  The guy still has it!

i'll always pull for Ray.  He's a classy, dedicated, community oriented family man.  But, I still want  to kick the Heat butt for stealing our guy.  Shame on you, Danny, for not showing a little love to keep the assassin here.

[/QUOTE]

You don't want to wait until the end of the year to decide that?  Allens shooting percentage is far higher than he has ever had in his career.  There is no reason to think he will keep it up.

I like Ray though, I just find it amusing how people are taking a small sample size and are assuming it will continue.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Ray went to the perfect team for him, and as Fierce said,Waiters was stupid to leave him. With Ray and LeBron you have to make a choice,let LeBron go one on one and stay with Ray, or cheat just a little and help on LeBron. Either choice you make there's a good chance it will be the wrong one!! As Fierce has said many times we're rebulding,Ray decided to join the Heat and reload,looks like he made a good choice!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ray went to the perfect team for him, and as Fierce said,Waiters was stupid to leave him. With Ray and LeBron you have to make a choice,let LeBron go one on one and stay with Ray, or cheat just a little and help on LeBron. Either choice you make there's a good chance it will be the wrong one!! As Fierce has said many times we're rebulding,Ray decided to join the Heat and reload,looks like he made a good choice!!

[/QUOTE]

I'll be happy for Ray if he gets that 2nd ring with the Heat.

What I don't like is multiple threads about how good Ray is every time he plays well. 

This is not a Miami Heat forum.

[/QUOTE]  You have a point!!  You're a better man than me, because i won't be happy if he gets a ring with the Heat, because i would much rather the Thunder, or Spurs, or Memphis, or the Clippers beat the Heat if they were to meet in the finals!!

Lakers have no shot, like the Celtics, they're rebulding, they just don't know it yet!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

If Ray shot 50% in the 2010 Finals, Banner 18 would be hanging on the rafters of TD Garden right now!

[/QUOTE]
    We can play "what ifs" all day long.

If R9R shoots 50% from the FT line in 2010 instead of 25%, we have banner 18 hanging above the rafters.

RA wanted another ring and he took way less money to maximize his chances.

Can't fault him for that. He put his $$$ where his mouth is.

Multiple threads about the same issue is the way BDC works. Look at the Laker baiting threads that go on after each Cs win or Laker loss.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

RA has to play 82 games (and then some in the playoffs) on those surgically repaired ankles! It's no surprise that he is playing well early in the season (after the long summer), but let's see how he is doing in March and April.

If D. Wade and RA are hurting at the end of the season, the Heat are in trouble!! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE

You don't want to wait until the end of the year to decide that?  Allens shooting percentage is far higher than he has ever had in his career.  There is no reason to think he will keep it up.

I like Ray though, I just find it amusing how people are taking a small sample size and are assuming it will continue.

[/QUOTE]

You are right. Ray's numbers will most certainly fall over the year, injuries and a bad streak are normal things happening over a 82 games season.
    But: Ray had better numbers than both Lee and Terry last year as well (Therfor the sample size it not that small). Still many users here were talking about Ray as trash and blamed him for everything what went wrong last year (defense, rebounding, slow pace etc.). The same user talked about Lee and Terry as the second coming of Michael Jordan and Bill Russell, who would solve our scoring, penetration defense and rebounding issues. In the end it seems that Ray wasn't (and isn't) that bad at all. Not only in shooting but also as a complete player.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Ask L. Bird and B. Walton how difficult it is / was to play effectively on bad feet / ankles.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Jason Terry will be as good or better than Ray has been. Terry had eight shots the other night. Hit the big shot to seal the game and scored 16 points. When Paul starts to get him the ball regularly in crunch time. You will all be happy we have him instead of Ray.  Ray is not winning games by anything but being open on the three line.  He was not going to get those shots here anymore.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

Game 7 2010 Finals

Ray Allen 

45 minutes

3-14 FGs

Only 1 FG from 1st to 3rd qtr.

Enough said!

[/QUOTE]

2010 Championship Finals: R9R 19 FTA 5 FTM. .263%

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll be happy for Ray if he gets that 2nd ring with the Heat.

What I don't like is multiple threads about how good Ray is every time he plays well. 

This is not a Miami Heat forum.

[/QUOTE]  You have a point!!  You're a better man than me, because i won't be happy if he gets a ring with the Heat, because i would much rather the Thunder, or Spurs, or Memphis, or the Clippers beat the Heat if they were to meet in the finals!!

Lakers have no shot, like the Celtics, they're rebulding, they just don't know it yet!!

[/QUOTE]

right on...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"other than bron he's their second most indispensable playa... period!"

Wrong. Totally wrong. 

Wade is number two, there's not even a debate about that. You're smoking the good stuff. 

Ray is playing well in Miami but Miami has shown that any good outside shooter will have a field day as long as Lebron keeps blowing off threes and driving to the hole instead. 

If Ray goes down with some kind of injury the Heat put their next best outside shooter out there and they are more than fine. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

True. But its also possible that he will have a career year this year shooting %-wise, only because he never had the weapons around him he has now. Miami is an ideal team for him.

As for loyalty, come on they are professionals. Ray chose a team where he has a better chance of winning another ring and I can't blame him.

Anyway, time to move on....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

Paul Pierce for CP3 in 2005.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7300874/danny-ainge-efforts-land-chris-paul-dwight-howard-worth-shot

Ray is not the only Celtic player that Ainge tried to trade.

If Ray finishes the season shooting 50% from the field, then it's the first time in his career.

My problem with Ray is he starts strong and finishes poorly. Just like last season when he was the only Celtic playing well before the All-Star break.

In the 2010 Finals, he made 8 3-pointers in Game 2. After Game 2 he was a no-show.

The only reason why Ray left Boston is because he wants another ring. There's a big chance he'll get it playing with Lebron. But if the Heat won the championship, it's because of Lebron, not Ray.

[/QUOTE]

You are right.  I absolutely agree that Ray is not the only player Danny tried to trade.  He's just the one he tried to trade the most often and in the most public of ways.   But, he tried to trade Rondo multiple times, Paul at least twice, etc.  Ray was every year for 3 or 4 years and always openly around trade deadline.   Ray signed a renewal anyway and then Danny tried to trade him again.  So, Ray said enough is enough.  I don't blame him.   That's all I'm saying.  Fans want loyalty but they don't understand that loyalty works two ways.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Game 7 2010 Finals

Ray Allen 

45 minutes

3-14 FGs

Only 1 FG from 1st to 3rd qtr.

Enough said!

[/QUOTE]

2010 Championship Finals: R9R 19 FTA 5 FTM. .263%

Pud

[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to smile through my tears!

Why are you bringing up my pain?  EVERYONE had a bad final game outside of perhaps Rasheed Wallace.  Ray stunk in his shooting, so did KG and so did Rondo in his play and the entire team's rebounding.  Why is a Celtic fan reminding us of that pain....smile.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jason Terry will be as good or better than Ray has been. Terry had eight shots the other night. Hit the big shot to seal the game and scored 16 points. When Paul starts to get him the ball regularly in crunch time. You will all be happy we have him instead of Ray.  Ray is not winning games by anything but being open on the three line.  He was not going to get those shots here anymore.

[/QUOTE]

You are entitled to your opinion.  That's ok.  But, you should watch the actual game before making your points.  Ray did not score 17 points on 3 pointers.  He was doing some of everything and I was watching the game so I know it wasn't just open 3's.

All I'm saying is we should all pull for our Celtics and I hope JT is a true star for us.  But, we don't have to lie to ourselves and say Ray is only capable of shooting 3's.   That's how Doc used him but if you watch him in Miami, you'll see he does a lot more now.....which is what he wanted.  Good for him and let's move on.