RAY at 51% from floor and 52% from 3, where will he level off? scored 15 of 17 in the 4th and another game-winner!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: RAY at 51% from floor and 52% from 3, where will he level off? scored 15 of 17 in the 4th and another game-winner!

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Game 7 2010 Finals

Ray Allen 

45 minutes

3-14 FGs

Only 1 FG from 1st to 3rd qtr.

Enough said!

[/QUOTE]

2010 Championship Finals: R9R 19 FTA 5 FTM. .263%

Pud

[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to smile through my tears!

Why are you bringing up my pain?  EVERYONE had a bad final game outside of perhaps Rasheed Wallace.  Ray stunk in his shooting, so did KG and so did Rondo in his play and the entire team's rebounding.  Why is a Celtic fan reminding us of that pain....smile.

[/QUOTE] Here's another for you. While Ray did shoot terrible, he guarded Kobe all game and held him to about 6 for 26 shooting. Rondo had a bad game as well. Saying all that is true, if Paul Pierce out plays Artest, banner 18 is ours, simple as that Artest had our captain for lunch!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: RAY at 51% from floor and 52% from 3, where will he level off? scored 15 of 17 in the 4th and another game-winner!

[/QUOTE] Here's another for you. While Ray did shoot terrible, he guarded Kobe all game and held him to about 6 for 26 shooting. Rondo had a bad game as well. Saying all that is true, if Paul Pierce out plays Artest, banner 18 is ours, simple as that Artest had our captain for lunch!!

[/QUOTE]

All excellent points KYCeltic.  Agreed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All excellent points KYCeltic.  Agreed.

[/QUOTE]

You bring up a valid point. Pierce got punked.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Game 7 2010 Finals

Ray Allen 

45 minutes

3-14 FGs

Enough said!

[/QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Why are you bringing up my pain?  EVERYONE had a bad final game outside of perhaps Rasheed Wallace.  Ray stunk in his shooting, so did KG and so did Rondo in his play and the entire team's rebounding.  Why is a Celtic fan reminding us of that pain....smile.

[/QUOTE]
    You are right.  I don't think that anyone wants to be reminded of this.  I cried almost the entire summer after we lost.  It was a very devastating loss for me and many of my friends.  We don't need to be reminded of it. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the man is the difference maker in maimi. other than bron he's their second most indispensable playa... period! he's over the place on his threes. i never saw him in that 3-position in bawston (the game-winning three). he is not jut going corner to corner but is moving around the perimeter sans picks for a change. he just has to float around to get wide open looks. bron penetrates, gets the entire team portrait, kicks it out perfectly to the roaming ray and VOILA... NOTHIN BUT NETTTT! rinse and repeat. i think ray could average 55% from 3 and shatter whatever the all-time record is. he's shot over 50 in his last 5 games. ray should get better as the season goes now that he's in great shape and more knowledgeable of their system. and here's the really scary part: ray is now has the second most points per play (minimum 100) at 1.21 and his true shooting percentage, a measure of shooting efficiency that takes into account field goals, 3-pointers and free throws, is now THIRD in the league (players with at least 250 minutes).

all said, would i take terry over him? no! ray's size is very important and his improved defense is key. only lee has size on our team and he's really the guy who was supposed to replace ray. remember, we had the jet before even making a push for ray? AB is good but again, he's a midget. ray is 6'5.. thats huge on both offense and defense. but as terry has proven, he'll take the undesigned  big shot and take it off the dribble consistently (stuff ray couldnt do in green).. unless pp is in the ray role, at some point, we will seriously miss Walter ray lewis!

[/QUOTE]

Good post.  If I am correct, the last time I checked, Ray is also the leading scorer in the 4th quarter for the heats.  He's been the difference maker in serveral of the heats game now.  

Can't say the same for Lee, his replacement; where the heck was he again tonight...sheesh. 

[insert sarcasm here}--->Great observation and prediction by those that said Lee would be an upgrade over Allen.  Um...Yeah right...Great call...And Terry's offense is just as good, if not better, and his defense is really fantastic also.  Yep, Yep, their defense and rebounding has been a huge impact for the Celts this year.[end sarcasm here}    NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Almost forgot: ...[insert sarcasm here}--->"Thanks Rondo!"...[end sarcasm here}

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You are right.  I absolutely agree that Ray is not the only player Danny tried to trade.  He's just the one he tried to trade the most often and in the most public of ways.   But, he tried to trade Rondo multiple times, Paul at least twice, etc.  Ray was every year for 3 or 4 years and always openly around trade deadline.   Ray signed a renewal anyway and then Danny tried to trade him again.  So, Ray said enough is enough.  I don't blame him.   That's all I'm saying.  Fans want loyalty but they don't understand that loyalty works two ways.

[/QUOTE]

Just for the record. Ainge only tried to trade ray in Feb. of 2010 and Feb. 2012.

So Ainge only tried to trade Ray twice.

In 2011 the Celts had 4 All-Stars, Pierce, KG, Rondo, and Ray. Pierce and Ray even faced each other in the 3pt shooting contest. So that was a good year for the Celts as the Celts were #1 in the east heading into the All-Star break. Until, of course, Ainge traded Perk 1 week after the All-Star break. 

[/QUOTE]

Knowing DA's truthiness about trade matters, he never initiated  any  RA trades  but did answer his phone on occasion when someone called him.

Pud

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Game 7 2010 Finals

Ray Allen 

45 minutes

3-14 FGs

Enough said!

[/QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Very astute obversation.   Ray basically guarded, arguably the greatest offensive player of all time, and Ray did a great job, especially in game 7; Ray basically stopped Kobe, which takes a great deal of energy; Ray did his job.

Pierce on the other hand had to deal with Artest, which didn't require as much energy to guard, therefore Pierce should have been the one to step up and have a monster game, which he didn't.

On top of that, Pierce is the number 1 option, and the captain, he gets more plays called for him and is allow to score in many more ways than Ray.  Ray is handicaped by Doc for whatever reasons, thus, Ray has to basically stand in the corner, ('cause that's what Doc said).

Therefore, because Pierce is the go to guy, it is incumbent upon him to step up and perform above average at defining moments, not have a mediocre game like he did.   Pierce, because Doc has declared him the untouchable Holy Cow of the Celtics, given leniency beyond reproach, it is his obligation to excel and perform at a level that is deserving of his given privileges.

Furthermore, one could make an argument, that if Ray didn't single-handlely win game 2, then there would not have even been a game seven.  How many record breaking games did Pierce have? 

Conclusion:  everyone struggles shooting the ball, but not everyone is given other ways to score.  Ray basically had the duty of being exclusively a spot up shooter, which alone is very difficult to be consistant at, but playing with Mr. Pound the ball to death, he had no other choice...   

I have much more to say, but I am tired of typing.   

....To be continued.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

[QUOTE]

Ray only had 1 FG from the 1st up to the 3rd qtr. of that Game 7.

Enough said.

[/QUOTE]

That's because Ray was busy defending Kobe, keeping the Celts in the game and waiting for his Captain to step up...but Pierce, the # 1 option, did a no show on offense, probably because he was to afraid Artest would pull down his shorts again so he left his offense mostly at home.

'Nuff said.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Ill miss Rays clutch shooting, which hes delivered on many times... However, Ray was a little too hot n cold during his playoff years here... meaning long streaks..

Regarding his being a complete player.... whoaaaa.. Nelly

Regardless of what any stats may reveal, Ray was an awful ballhandler and passer. Sadly, he played the game as if he thought he wasnt.

In the end, Ray was a big part of our team since he came to the C's. Doc's system wasnt working so great for him though his last year or so here... and lets face it, no matter what the media/Celtics want to say... watching the games it seemed like Rondo was not going to Ray when he had many opportunities to do so..  Time to move on..

Ray's hot hand in Miami is not unexpected... hes spotting up, not being forced to run himself ragged every trip around screens from one side of the court to the other... and his looks have been much cleaner.. Umm, you think Ray is not gonna hit a high % of those?? ... and his body likely wont wear down so quick in that system....

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Let's not forget Ray was playing hurt, from a deep thigh bruise, that Artest purposely delivered to him because the Lakers knew that the only chance of beating them was to stop Ray, and they knew they couldn't do it if he was 100%!!

Ray had to be thinking, man i've done my job stopping the best offensive player in the game, and than we let Ron Artest steal banner 18 right out from under us!!  That was the hardest thing for me to take, i mean if it's Kobe or Gasol beating us that's one thing, but you would expect Pierce to out play Artest, and he just didn't deliver!!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

The problem with this thread for those who criticize Ray is that you're one sided.  Ray had bad games and good games.  So did Paul.  So did KG.  So has Rondo.   It you point out Ray's flaws, you have to be objective and balanced and point out the times when he saves our bacon and was the player playing well.   We criticized his often horrible D, but you have to give him credit when he played Great D on Kobe, as well.  So Kobe was just cold?   Well, you can say Ray was just cold then. Kobe and Ray had a true battle going.  When have you seen many people block Kobe's jumper twice that game like Ray did?   Give the man credit.

He's showing more of a complete game in Miami like he did in 2008, 2009, and 2010.  I think we forgot he can take a dribble off the screen and hit the jumper or go to the hole.  He's not what he was, but neither is Pierce or KG.  So, let's give Ray some credit, Fierce, to go with all that criticism.  Most players had bad games that game 7 so you can't say Ray didn't show up.  This guy plays hard and hurt and you have to give him credit for that.