Ray on why he blames the Celtics for his departure

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Ray on why he blames the Celtics for his departure

I'll always love Ray's great shots and his work ethic.  I love what Danny did for this team this year - he really built a deeper and more athletic team.   I don't think it had to come at the expense of loosing Ray Ray, but hey, time to move on.    I'll never hate on Ray forhis decision.  He's right - he did what he had the right to do....do what's best for him.   He's not supposed to always do what's best for the team.  He's NEVER played the free agency game and swapped teams.   He has always stayed where he was and eventually got traded.   He finally said "I don't want to be trade bait" and I want to play my game.    

Nothing wrong with that.   Its ok to love our current team and not hate on Ray, isn't it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylerocks. Show kylerocks's posts

Allen said he's gotten a special kind of love from Heat fans, many of whom are just happy he's not wearing Celtics green anymore. "That's a sentiment that was shared quite a bit as I spent the last two months here in Miami," he said. "Everybody was like, 'I could not stand you. I rooted against you so much.' People like me. … That's been a sentiment I've gotten all summer, so I appreciate that as well."

Read more at: http://www.nesn.com/2012/10/ray-allen-says-celtics-put-me-in-the-position-where-we-had-to-move-doesnt-appreciate-booing-fans.html

This is the part of the article that really makes meloose respect for Ray and think he's a wah-wah (and I loved Ray before and during his tenure here and appreciate his work ethic and contributions).  When all the celtics players and fans are talking up all the players and living Ubuntu, willing to do whatever it takes to get a championship Ray is talking about the fans hating him when he was a Celtic and loving him now that he's on their team.  He's actually embracing the Miami haters and saying that feels nice.  Seems pretty petty to me and Ray continues to tarnish his image IMHO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll always love Ray's great shots and his work ethic.  I love what Danny did for this team this year - he really built a deeper and more athletic team.   I don't think it had to come at the expense of loosing Ray Ray, but hey, time to move on.    I'll never hate on Ray forhis decision.  He's right - he did what he had the right to do....do what's best for him.   He's not supposed to always do what's best for the team.  He's NEVER played the free agency game and swapped teams.   He has always stayed where he was and eventually got traded.   He finally said "I don't want to be trade bait" and I want to play my game.    

Nothing wrong with that.   Its ok to love our current team and not hate on Ray, isn't it?

[/QUOTE]

That is okay. its also okay for Ray to go to Miami and now whine about  how he was treated by the Celtics.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Here is what Ray said to the Miami Herald:

In the end, Allen didn’t feel appreciated in Boston. In his final two seasons there, he was made to feel old. “In Boston, they were telling me they were going to bring me off the bench — ‘We’re going to play you less minutes’ — and all I asked was, ‘How are you going to use me because the last two years you’ve been using me as decoys,’ ” Allen said. “ ‘You’re running all these plays for me just to pass it to somewhere else and you’re not putting me into any scoring opportunities and I’m just standing over in the corner the majority of games.’ ” Miami Herald

Ive lost all respect for this guy... his ego does not match his talent anymore and he is full of excuses.... a decoy?  really Ray?  A decoy for what?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Seriously. What is he crying about?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Ray had every right to do what he did, no matter how lame it sounds to others.

Celtic fans have every right to BOO him if they want too

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ray had every right to do what he did, no matter how lame it sounds to others.

Celtic fans have every right to BOO him if they want too

[/QUOTE]

I don't have any problem with what he did at all.  I've just always liked the guy and he isn't showing much class at the moment.

I would never boo him.  Standing ovation all the way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Lee/Terry > Allen by a mile."

Absolutely. I have no ill will towards Ray and it's time for him to move on. The only one who still brings Ray up here (in terms of "we lost Ray and that's going to hurt us") is an anti-Rondo troll who wants to hang this all on Rondo.

[/QUOTE]

My ears have been burning all day..... and now I know why!

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

He's going to get plenty of chances to pay Boston back for all that perceived lack of respect. Ray was always the man at every stop in his career and he came to a place where he had to sacrcrifice and sublimate and he resented it. The whole thing with Rondo is based on him wanting the ball when he wanted it and in the spots he wanted it. He was pissed about not getting enough credit for his "sacrifice" and was further angered by the trade rumors. Like a lot of athletes Allen may not realize that his skills have diminished and he is not the player he once was. As great as he was in Boston it was obvious he was beginning to have an effect on the speed of play and was never a great defender. He hit a ton of big shots here though and helped bring the city a title so that shiuld never be forgotten. It's just a shame that a guy who seemed to conduct himself with so much class, and who was so well-liked by the fan base, cannot shut up about his departure. He was offered two years and a no trade clause for more money than he could get anywhere else and still chose to take less money to come off the bench for the team's division rival (and a particulalry unlikeable team at that). Obviously he is still conflicted about his choice or he would never keep talking about this, trying to justify his decision when it's obvious the team and its fans have moved on. I'm sure it's killing him that on paper the team actually looks like it has gotten better after his departure.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

So..basically Ray has now blamed Rajon Rondo, Avery Bradley, Doc Rivers, Danny Ainge..and now the fans for his decision to move on. I feel like he probably regrets his decision and that's why he's blaming everyone but himself. I went to enough games at the Garden to know that Ray was a fan favorite and most fans..myself included loved and respected him.

The bottom line is Ray moved on. He made the decision. The Celtics offered him a better deal than the Heat..yet he chose to believe the phony deal the Heat sold him. That's on him..no on Rondo..not on Rivers..not on Bradley and for sure not on the fans. The only person responsible for Allen's decision is Allen..and the sooner he realizes this..the easier it will be for him to come to terms with his mistake.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" The only one who still brings Ray up here (in terms of "we lost Ray and that's going to hurt us") is an anti-Rondo troll who wants to hang this all on Rondo.

My ears have been burning all day..... and now I know why!

Pud"

Ha, well at least you know that the description of you as an anti-Rondo troll is accurate. I stubbornly maintain, however, that you can be more to this forum than that and I hope you set your mind to it. Again I'm not asking to stop criticizing Rondo, just play more notes on your guitar than that and I think you'll be a great contributor here. 

And on the subject of your assigning 100 percent of the blame on Ray leaving for Rondo, one of the major points that has come out of these recent interviews is that Ray's relationship with Doc had deteriorated quite a bit, largely due to playing time and "play running" issues. Ray was also burned by the repeated trades Ainge tried to pull and while Ainge did offer a no-trade clause in the new contract, the trust had already been dampened. Trading for Jason Terry was the last straw for Ray - again, an Ainge move. So a far more accurate assigning of blame for why Ray left would be more like Rondo 33 percent, Doc 33 percent, Ainge 33 percent, 1 percent Miami has nicer weather. Or maybe 10 percent better chance at a ring if you want to adjust the percentages.

So you got a lot of mileage out of blaming all of this on Rondo, but when the facts came out, it was far more nuanced.