Ray should stop talking and play ball

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Ray should stop talking and play ball

Ray is way too involved with his talking, he needs , like he did tonight, to get back his game and stop whinning.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Ray should stop talking and play ball

Ray has played too many minutes and needs to rest.  It won't happen, but he needs a few games off before the playoffs start.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rays not getting set up the way he used to. The screens arent there and many times hes not getting the ball when he momentarily breaks open

So hes frustrated but he comes short of actually naming names... but he does admit things have changed...

In any event, the rest of Rays game (besides shooting) isnt doing much better. Hes making even more bad passes than usual.. hes a terrible ball handler and playmaker, which is what he tried to be some times. Hes also getting burned defensively.

Having a tough month but he usually snaps out of it

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Ray needs to sit for a few games. I would sit him both games against the Wizards.

Let Wafer get some run. If Pavlovic isn't going to shoot when he's in the game, he's useless.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Well Doc many think Ray needs a rest before the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Ray seems to go through these droughts from time to time, but he always recovers. Lets hope that the play-offs are the right medicine.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

He had atleast 5 assists last night,,.I think he has earned the right to speak, and I for one am more tired of Docs B.s. , then the players...cuz they play, Doc just coaches..!

How about Doc playing Shaq into the 2nd quarter when he should have restricted him to 5 minutes like he said he would??!!

Yeah, I think if anyone, Doc needs a few days off..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Oh, and Ray shot 5-6 last night...not exactly struggling or need to relax, sounds like Ray is right, he just needs more quality touches, and he should get more then Big Baby...I dont care how well he is shooting..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm a little frustrated with Doc's rotations as well. I think Green should be more of a focal point with the 2nd unit. He's not getting enough good touches. Doc should tell BBD to get on the block. We can't have Green and BBD on the perimeter all the time. Someone needs to bang because with Powe and Posey they would both get a good amount of boards. The 2nd unit needs to establish SOMEONE to go to.

I just don't understand why we have to struggle with EVERY team. It just never gives our core a chance to rest. Just can't wait for the playoffs to start, sick of not knowing who we can beat and who we can't.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bias and Tom,
    You both seem right to me. Green needs to get the ball more and as Tom says he often seems to not be moving to get open.  Imagine what would happen if Green got the ball more and starting finding the open man.  He seems to catch the ball look to see if he as a shot and then pass out of it.  When and if he gets in sync with the offense  he will make offenses pay for leaving him open or hitting the open man that comes as result of coverage on him.

Right now he seems able to only get a three or be right under the basket for a put back.  In the Spur game he blew by Bonner for three consecutive lay-ups which set the tone for the game. He needs to isolate and use his athleticism more like PP.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I think the celtics are like 19-4  (something like that) when ray scores 20 pts. So him scoring and getting shots up is a proven formula for wins. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Ray is the classiest guy on the team and has ALWAYS been quiet and respectful, never complaining even in the first year when he took the greatest "step back" in terms of having to change his own game.  I think he's earned the right to speak up when he's not getting shots  (and its clear the Point Guard is not calling Ray's number and working to get Ray shots).  He's never complained and he's only answering when asked so I don't have a problem with Ray talking.  

As for Green, he should get more shots, but I don't think he's aggressive enough to work toward getting open (as a couple of you have pointed out, already).   He also has to play better D to get more minutes!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

"Ray is way too involved with his talking, he needs , like he did tonight, to get back his game and stop whinning."

Guys can do right?!  Last week he was scorned for leaving early and not talking to the media after being frustrated after a loss.  This week he is talking too much....Oh please, isnt there enough talk in the Shaq threads that we dont have to make up contraversies like these....I think he spoke the truth!  once again..5-6 shooting and 5 assists.  What did I miss..... HE NEED MORE TOUCHES!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Ray should stop talking and play ball:
    [QUOTE]Ray is the classiest guy on the team and has ALWAYS been quiet and respectful, never complaining even in the first year when he took the greatest "step back" in terms of having to change his own game.  I think he's earned the right to speak up when he's not getting shots  (and its clear the Point Guard is not calling Ray's number and working to get Ray shots).  He's never complained and he's only answering when asked so I don't have a problem with Ray talking.   As for Green, he should get more shots, but I don't think he's aggressive enough to work toward getting open (as a couple of you have pointed out, already).   He also has to play better D to get more minutes!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

So who do you take the shot from to get Ray more?  Rondo has been shooting a lot, do you slow him down?  Baby has been also until last nite and he turned down quite a few jumpers.   We don't want to take shots from Pierce or KG.  I think the problem may be what Tommy said last nite, we aren't getting enough shots as a team.  With the unselfish play no one is getting shots.  Kome shot 27 time last nite.  Can you imagine one of our guys shooting that much?  Again where does he get more shots other than waiting for his turn again?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Having J/O and Krystic is a boost for Ray we know for the 1st time in recent memory have 2 legit 7 footers to set screens to get ray open. Give it a few games and Rays numbers will go back up. Ray lives with his movement off the screen and in order for that to happen you need a big body.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Ray needs to sit for a few games. I would sit him both games against the Wizards. Let Wafer get some run. If Pavlovic isn't going to shoot when he's in the game, he's useless.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Pavlovic seems way too reticent on offense. He wasn`t like this in Cleveland.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]He's not even getting shots. When Baby is getting double the shots then him in games now you don't think he's pissed? They used to try to get him going. The last time in a while was against the Spurs when he got good looks but wasn't hitting. You can't expect a guy to hit a big shots in the 4th when he's taken less than 5 shots the whole game. Maybe he needs rest but he 100% needs to be more involved on offense.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]
    some times its necessary to speak up. Ray`s had an awesome season overall. Of course it doesn`t take much to bring the naysayers out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Doc should tell BBD to get on the block"

Amen. I'm sick of watching BBD jack up jump shots. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Ray should stop talking and play ball:
    [QUOTE]Ray is way too involved with his talking, he needs , like he did tonight, to get back his game and stop whinning.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

Ray`s not whineing. He`s not whinning either. Is`nt that a noise that horses make? Ray`s always been a gentleman and has never complained despite the fact that he has had to alter his game more than the other members of the big 3. He has the same right to express his opinion as anyone else. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Ray is way too involved with his talking, he needs , like he did tonight, to get back his game and stop whinning.
    Posted by maryngary[/Q
    Since you hold the patent on whineing, I guess you can silence Ray.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ray should stop talking and play ball : So who do you take the shot from to get Ray more?  Rondo has been shooting a lot, do you slow him down?  Baby has been also until last nite and he turned down quite a few jumpers.   We don't want to take shots from Pierce or KG.  I think the problem may be what Tommy said last nite, we aren't getting enough shots as a team.  With the unselfish play no one is getting shots.  Kome shot 27 time last nite.  Can you imagine one of our guys shooting that much?  Again where does he get more shots other than waiting for his turn again?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Good point about the whole team not getting enough shots. But, to answer your question, we need to give at least half of BBD's jumpers to Ray.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I think Ray will put up more shots against Phily tonight. I expect his number to be called more tonight. Oh, and he has more right than anyone on that team to  complain. He has sacraficed more than anyone on that team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

So they should get him the ball more... When D Howard yelled at his team they went on a win streak When Bosh Spice demanded the ball he had a streak of great games... Someone needs to speak up on this team, why not Ray

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Too Bad he didn't sit out game three of last years finals-lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me?! This ain't YMCA ball! Ray plays like he wants to play.  

Sections
Shortcuts