Ray to retire a Celtic?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Ray to retire a Celtic?

NBA on NBC Boston: People close to Ray Allen claiming he is thinking about opting out of his contract hoping to return to Boston for 1 year & retire a celticTwitter

WOW!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Ray to retire a Celtic?

(courtesy of Hoopshype rumors)

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and say the collective Bostonian sentiment is going to bea resounding:

"He11s No"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

and he is talking with people close to him about that now?...when he is going into a make or break game 7?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

and he is talking with people close to him about that now?...when he is going into a make or break game 7?

God, oh god do I hope Miami falls apart and drops this game tonight. Maybe Ray sees the writing on the walls. Wade is falling apart, Ray & Battier and ice cold, Bosh is (in the words of LeBron) 'struggling' and hurt his ankle... Spol is running out of big men.

Hibbert, Paul and West are HUNGRY. PLEASE BEAT THE HEAT!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

if he wanted to retire in boston, i'd be OK with that. but he's a bench player more than ever now, and he'd have to sign for the vet min at this point. i too, like everyone else, hope that miami gets booted tonight and starts falling apart. will that happen? probably not. but i can always hope.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Only if:

A. We trade Lee

B. We use the MLE or somehow acquire a LEGIT backup PG to Rondo

C. Ray returns for the BAE

He can fight it out with Terry for the mins behind Bradley

EXAMPLE:

Team sign A.J. Price to backup Rondo. A decent pure PG who in 22 mins this year avg'd 7.7 pts, 3.6 asts, 2 rebs, only 1 TO and shot 39/79/35. FG% is poor but FT's and 3's are FAR superior to Rondo.

So if RR plays 33 mins a game and Price 15, he'd give 5 points, 2 dimes and see the floor/protect the ball in a way Avery cannot. Avery should play about 26 mins at SG. Pierce (if on this team) should play about 8. That leaves all of 14 mins for Terry and Ray at SG.

Unless this team is confident in giving 15 mins of backup PG to Terry and making him completely change his role at age 36. He is still a better ballhandler and has better vision than Bradley.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

kaktug, what if the Heat do go on and win this year, giving Ray that second ring. Would you still want him returning to Boston with more rings than PP and KG?? I'd consider it if he doesn't get a ring by riding the LBJ train like so many other losers on that team are doing.

How GROSS would it be if Danny trades Paul, then accepts Ray back on a small deal? That'd be disgraceful.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from solich8. Show solich8's posts

If Ray can turn his back on the organization then the Celtics should do the same to Ray.  Ray sees his reality that he had an illustrious Hall of Fame career but there is a very good likelihood that regardless of all of his accomplishments he will never be able to take his kids to any arena and point to his number hanging in the rafters of an arena.  He won't be able to say that he was so good that his team paid the ultimate tribute by not allowing any other player to ever wear his jersey. His children, grand children, and their children will be deprived of a physical homage that would symbolize his legacy. He wont have his number retired  for the Bucks as his early career was unremarkable. Not for the Sonics aka Thunder as why would OKC retire a number for a player that never played in that city. Not for Boston, hopefully, as he turned his back on the city and in reality disappeared in way too many post season series. And not for Miami as he is only a role player. Ray knows that he needs to make ammends and try to rectify his situation to secure his legacy, so it is no big surprise that he woukd want to come back to retire as a Celtic.  Ray, you can't come home to Boston as your actions made it clear you were only renting! Don't come back with the hope to try and make things right by trying to get your number retired with some true basketball greats, as you don't belong here. You shouldn't belong to a brotherhood with Pierce, Garnett, Bird, Russell, Lewis, and others, as you obviously don't bleed green!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

He!! NO!

If the HEAT go down tonight it will serve him right. Turncoat!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

I'd welcome him back for the simple reason is that the Celtics have no "shooting" guard, per se.  Avery? He's hardly a scoring machine.  Jet? After his performance this year? Lee? Same. Jordan?  C'mon, he's only effective in his own mind, which is suspect after all.  The Celtics needs at guard go beyond a back-up point.  They need a shooter (off the bench?), and whether it's RA or someone else who can stick threes, it's what was part of this year's limitations.  If RA comes back at little $, and the Celtics can get another point and most importantly, a genuine, dyed-in-the-wool, NBA center, they can certainly be big in the East and possibly beyond - that's with PP and KG. The floppers won't repeat.  If they don't lose to Indiana, they have no chance against SA.  Go Pacers 

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

kaktug, what if the Heat do go on and win this year, giving Ray that second ring. Would you still want him returning to Boston with more rings than PP and KG?? I'd consider it if he doesn't get a ring by riding the LBJ train like so many other losers on that team are doing.

How GROSS would it be if Danny trades Paul, then accepts Ray back on a small deal? That'd be disgraceful.

almost posted the same thought but you beat me to it.

I'm with you R9R.. Taking Ray back and then jettisoning PP would be true heresy! Even firing Paul after his career here would be a deal breaker for me and probably many other FANS  with or without  bringing RA back.  I can't believe that they would consider it and I bet they didn't.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

the thing is, i don't think we NEED a ray allen. i wouldn't resign him for that reason alone. we need to get younger at the 2 with someone who can shoot and defend, not get older and slower. ray is ray and i have always liked him, but the truth is that we won the title in '07 despite the fact that he was in the midst of an awful shooting slump. at this point, given that we are rebuilding, i'd pass on ray...even if the option presented itself, which may or may not happen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,

I don't think RA's coming back. The only thing he can get from Danny is VM for a year, 2 at the most, and play 15-20 min off the bench.

I don't think the retired jersey is that important to him. But you never know...

AK

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

What a move. They will let Pierce go and bring Ray back!!  As another poster said, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

God, oh god do I hope Miami falls apart and drops this game tonight. Maybe Ray sees the writing on the walls. Wade is falling apart, Ray & Battier and ice cold, Bosh is (in the words of LeBron) 'struggling' and hurt his ankle... Spol is running out of big men.

Agree with you about Miami losing tonight.  I really hope that it happens.  Every NBA team wishes it had a Roy Hibbert.   I also would be very surprised if Ray Allen returned to the Celtics.  I don't think it would happen. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

What a move. They will let Pierce go and bring Ray back!!  As another poster said, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Pierce leaving and Ray returning would ruin the integrity of the Celtics forever.  Pierce has to stay for this to happen.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Because Miami is clearly being tested and he sees how they respond and does not like it...

Now he realizes how much work the Celts(Doc) had to do to get him open looks, even when he was ice cold...and gave him those game winning opportunities..

Miami is going with Miller now.

Wade is a bigger whinner than anybody on the Green team...

Bosh is disappearing right before our eyes

and Lebrons thinks he is playing with the Cavs......

Eight titles...Really????

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

We all knew there was going to come a time when Ray Ray couldn't hit the ocean from the beach...well that time has come. HAHAHA!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Ray can come back at the very min $ and can play min minutes. He's a better shooter than Terry but not as good a defender.

I hate the Heat, almost as much as the Lakers, but I think NBA fans & the TV ratings etc. want a Heat/Spurs final & I think with Duncan in the paint and Ginobili and Parker able to drive to the basket, they can beat the Heat.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts