Ray's 6m Can't be Used to Sign an UFA

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: Ray's 6m Can't be Used to Sign an UFA

i'm having a hard time understanding why you're digging up a year-old post.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

For one thing, let's clear this up right away. The  Celtics cannot go out and use the $6M that we were offering Ray and offer it to another team's free agent. We only had that ability because Ray was our own free agent and we had his Bird rights. Also, in order to give Jason Terry  the full mid level, we'll have to spend up to the salary cap with our own free agents. That's good news for  Greg StiemsmaMickael Pietrus and perhaps even Chris Wilcox.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/7/7/3142920/what-now-moving-after-ray-allen#storyjump  I'm having a hard time understanding why some here think we have extra money under the cap after Ray left.   What's worse is there's a poster here who claims ESPN's Chris Forsberg is not a credible source. Ugh!

What are you talking this so random. This proves my point you didn't know what a sign and trade was. The Terry deal took for every to complete because they tried to work a S&T to avoid the MLE rules. Thank you for proving my point

http://tracking.si.com/2012/07/14/celtics-jason-terry-courtney-lee-sign-free-agent-trade-mavericks/

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

For one thing, let's clear this up right away. The  Celtics cannot go out and use the $6M that we were offering Ray and offer it to another team's free agent. We only had that ability because Ray was our own free agent and we had his Bird rights. Also, in order to give Jason Terry  the full mid level, we'll have to spend up to the salary cap with our own free agents. That's good news for  Greg StiemsmaMickael Pietrus and perhaps even Chris Wilcox.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/7/7/3142920/what-now-moving-after-ray-allen#storyjump  I'm having a hard time understanding why some here think we have extra money under the cap after Ray left.   What's worse is there's a poster here who claims ESPN's Chris Forsberg is not a credible source. Ugh!

What are you talking this so random. This proves my point you didn't know what a sign and trade was. The Terry deal took for every to complete because they tried to work a S&T to avoid the MLE rules. Thank you for proving my point

http://tracking.si.com/2012/07/14/celtics-jason-terry-courtney-lee-sign-free-agent-trade-mavericks/

I didn't know what a sign and trade was?

In the first place, why would the Celts do a S&T with the Mavs when Terry was an unrestricted FA?

The Celts had the MLE to offer and Terry accepted.

But what you said was the Celts had money to sign an UFA. You and Mployee8 agreed on that issue. Now you're going to pretend that never happened?

You still don't know what a S&T is? Come on this is comical. Did you read the article I posted? You do a S&T with the team that has the Bird Rights of a player to avoid salary cap issues. The reason you would S&T Terry is so you still have the MLE, and give JET the 5 mill he want. You are clueless.  Come on bro. I never tough they had cap size and you know that.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I didn't know what a sign and trade was?

In the first place, why would the Celts do a S&T with the Mavs when Terry was an unrestricted FA?

The Celts had the MLE to offer and Terry accepted.

But what you said was the Celts had money to sign an UFA. You and Mployee8 agreed on that issue. Now you're going to pretend that never happened?

You still don't know what a S&T is? Come on this is comical. Did you read the article I posted? You do a S&T with the team that has the Bird Rights of a player to avoid salary cap issues. The reason you would S&T Terry is so you still have the MLE, and give JET the 5 mill he want. You are clueless.  Come on bro. I never tough they had cap size and you know that.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

You're lucky when BDC shifted to the new format your posts on this thread was deleted.

Jason Terry was an unrestricted FA. Why would Boston do a S&T when they could sign him outright?

Didn't the Celts sign Terry for the MLE then did a S&T with Houston for C. Lee?

And you're trying to change the subject. You agree with Mployee that the Celts had money to sign an UFA.

My post have never been deleted, everything is here. Okay you clearly don't understand what is a S&T.  Why don't you describe what you think it is and I will fill you in? Wouldn't it be a better value to S&T JET and have the MLE left for another player like a center. Read that article. I am not changing the subject, this all started because I said you didn't know what a sign and trade was. You clearly don't still. I never said they have cap space. The fact you can't find it exposed you. You have been embarassed. Don't make up stuff now. You have a tendency to act like a ten year when you are wrong.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

My post have never been deleted, everything is here. Okay you clearly don't understand what is a S&T.  Why don't you describe what you think it is and I will fill you in? Wouldn't it be a better value to S&T JET and have the MLE left for another player like a center. Read that article. I am not changing the subject, this all started because I said you didn't know what a sign and trade was. You clearly don't still. I never said they have cap space. The fact you can't find it exposed you. You have been embarassed. Don't make up stuff now. You have a tendency to act like a ten year when you are wrong.

You never said they have cap space?

I have been embarrassed?

Where were you when I called you out just before the season started?

What part was I wrong?

Did the Celts do a S&T for Terry?

The Celts couldn't sign a big man for the MLE because no big man was available for the MLE.

Kris Humphries got 12m per year.

Ilyasova got 8m per year.

So how could the Celts sign a big man for the MLE when no quality big man would accept the MLE?

Your ignorance is showing.

You never called me out. You have invented this because I mention you didn't know what is a sign and trade was. You have yet to show you know what it is. If you can't see the value off having both Terry and the MLE instead of just Terry you are lost. It doesn't matter if they got a center or pg or sg or a forword, they could have just had another body. I would have gone after Marreese Speights personally. If you read the article I posted from SI. You would have seen why wanted to S&T for Terry. I have other things to do then argue with a child, you lost here you should move on.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

You never called me out. You have invented this because I mention you didn't know what is a sign and trade was. You have yet to show you know what it is. If you can't see the value off having both Terry and the MLE instead of just Terry you are lost. It doesn't matter if they got a center or pg or sg or a forword, they could have just had another body. I would have gone after Marreese Speights personally. If you read the article I posted from SI. You would have seen why wanted to S&T for Terry. I have other things to do then argue with a child, you lost here you should move on.

I never called you out?

HAHAHA

You're such a liar.

First you said the Celts could have used that MLE for a big man. When I proved you wrong by informing you no big man was available for the MLE, the Celts could just have had another body?

Marreese Speights?

How could the Celts go after Speights when he was a restricted FA?

He was not an UFA, stupid!

Once again you're showing your ignorance. The Celts used the MLE for Terry and did a S&T with Houston for C. Lee.

If the Celts did a S&T for Terry then gave the MLE to Lee then the Celts would still have gotten Lee and Terry, right?

The more you post the more ridiculous you become. That's why you ran away and hid when I called you out at the start of the season. 

You never called me out. How dare you call me a liar. You have been so exposed. Everyone on this  board has seen what you are. It is funny you still don't know what a S&T is. The worst part is that you are in the right.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

You never said they have cap space?

I have been embarrassed?

Where were you when I called you out just before the season started?

What part was I wrong?

Did the Celts do a S&T for Terry?

The Celts couldn't sign a big man for the MLE because no big man was available for the MLE.

Kris Humphries got 12m per year.

Ilyasova got 8m per year.

So how could the Celts sign a big man for the MLE when no quality big man would accept the MLE?

Your ignorance is showing.

The Celtics would have had more money to sign another big man if KG had agreed to resign for much lower money.  As I stated many times if he really wanted to return and have a chance of winning a championship he would have signed for $2 or $3 million instead of what he is being paid.  This would have given the Celtics a considerable amount of cap space to sign another big man.  Imagine how different the season might have been if we had KG playing his limited minutes and a quality big man as his backup.  Someone who could eventually replace KG when he retires. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Its a shame fierce cant seem to get his stories straight. For being the most frequent poster here by a landslide, youd think hed at least know what he was talking about.

Im also tired of his pretend "HAHAHAHAHAHA" after most posts... his way of over compensating for the factual humiliation he absorbs by more informed posters

Sections
Shortcuts