Re-tool

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from timgm. Show timgm's posts

Re-tool

Now that it is over I would like to see Pierce & Garnett sail off into the sunset. Take the money they would make next year and sign Big Al Jefferson (they never should have traded him in the first place) & Josh Smith. End of story case closed.

This would give you a nice line up: Rondo , Bradley, Green, Smith & Big Al.

Rebounding Problem goes away, old tired legs go away and Doc would still have a veteran team.

Just my 2 cents.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Re: Re-tool

I think KG has one more good year left and so does PP,if he accepts a different role. I think we have a very good lineup for next year and with some tweeking we could have a great year next year. Having said that, I think we should have a new skipper. I also think the JET era should be over.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Not an expert but, if we have T-Will,Lee,Crawford,Randolph,PP,KG,Bass,Sully,Rondo(85%),AB and JG a year removed from major major sugeries,Melo or White?,our picks ? Yeah tweeking can put us over the top,especially if we can dump JETs 5 mil for a pick or a younger high risk reward player. Why not ?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

If Melo can't handle it, we need a big man who can give us defense and rebounds---Howard, Cousins etc.  Tonight in addition to PP only getting 14 pts, he probably did 4-5 turnovers so his performance was a non event. The difference is that Kobe in 2010 game 7 shot 6 for 24 or 25% but the 10+ rebs gave Lakers the victory(yup I know too about the egregious 41-18 foul shots and 21 only in the 4th qtr). We were, same old story for so many games outrebounded 42-35 so they had 7 second chances. If we were 7+ in rebs, PP's poor performance would have been overlooked. In the past outrebounded by 10 or so, we shot 50% to compensate but tonight the poor shooting % and reb deficiency was our downfall.

Without a 7 ft center like Howard, yup, I'd be happy with Al Jefferson & Josh Smith.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

I think KG will retire.

then I think Ainge will try to deal Pierce  and if he can;t find a deal that makes sense, they will buy him out.

both moves will  free up  about $22Million, I believe.

will management be willing to spend over the cap (but below the luxury cap)as today?

if so, that $22M is about what Ainge wil have to work with.

with that in mind I beleive that we can get ONE top dollar FA and another player in the $5M range only.

Jefferson and SMith are both probably looking in the $12-15M range each at least.

If both Pierce and Garnett leave I also see the team trying to move Terry or even using the amnesty on him, next year for more cap space. We have a glut of Guards under contract and someone need to go.

and finally I see Doc leaving as well.

Brian Shaw anyone?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

In response to timgm's comment:

Now that it is over I would like to see Pierce & Garnett sail off into the sunset. Take the money they would make next year and sign Big Al Jefferson (they never should have traded him in the first place) & Josh Smith. End of story case closed.

This would give you a nice line up: Rondo , Bradley, Green, Smith & Big Al.

Rebounding Problem goes away, old tired legs go away and Doc would still have a veteran team.

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah should have kept Al Jefferson and used Marty Conlon to get KG

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to spewey's comment:

Yeah should have kept Al Jefferson and used Marty Conlon to get KG

Haha, you nailed it. Folks here are really crazy. Getting KG and Ray made us a contender for years and some guy wanted us to keep Big Al who choked with Utah and failed to make the postseason? Pathetic!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Did you guys know we wont be signing any big ticket FA's if KG is here next year??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Even if we had cap space. Who are these great FA, who will make us a contender again and are willing to come to Boston? IMO there are none.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

If Melo can't handle it, we need a big man who can give us defense and rebounds---Howard, Cousins etc.  Tonight in addition to PP only getting 14 pts, he probably did 4-5 turnovers so his performance was a non event. The difference is that Kobe in 2010 game 7 shot 6 for 24 or 25% but the 10+ rebs gave Lakers the victory(yup I know too about the egregious 41-18 foul shots and 21 only in the 4th qtr). We were, same old story for so many games outrebounded 42-35 so they had 7 second chances. If we were 7+ in rebs, PP's poor performance would have been overlooked. In the past outrebounded by 10 or so, we shot 50% to compensate but tonigt the poor shooting % and reb deficiency was our downfall.

Without a 7 ft center like Howard, yup, I'd be happy with Al Jefferson & Josh Smith.

There will be no Howard, Big Al, or even Josh Smith if KG comes back for next season.

As discussed many times before if KG had resigned for $3 or $4 million it would have given the Celtics the necessary cap space to sign a better 5.  If we had Paul and KG both earning this type of money for next season the Celtics would have even more cap space to sign another player or players. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Rather have Big Al than Josh Smith.  Big Al is a great scorer and rebounder and not very good defensively.  Josh Smith is great defensively and a good rebounder, but not great offensively....and he's also a petulant jerk who can't hit free throws.  Do you really want two petulant jerks- Rondo and Smith -who can't hit free throws on the floor at the same time in close games?

If KG retires (hopefully) and we waive PP (hopefully), bringing in Big Al alone will not make us a better team than we are now.  We'll need more than that.

Also, LOL at the green teamers who include Terence Williams as someone to build around!  Christ, talk about seeing the world through green colored glasses!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma09. Show scauma09's posts

The nba more than any other pro sports league is geared towards stars. Every remaining team has a star player they can rely on in the clutch. Rondo is a star, but he's a point guard and I can't recall a point guard who has led his team to the promised land alone. This roster is poorly constructed, totally inflexible, redundant. Rondo, green, bradley, and sullinger are a good start. This team needs a stud offensive 2 guard, a defensive rebounding center. And a scrappy bench guy. Given financial constraints, it's near impossible to fix this roster in a year. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Its a shame we ever let Tony Allen get away.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Its a shame we ever let Tony Allen get away.

You are right. Allen is a taller, stronger and therefore more versatile version of AB. This and his experience would have helped us. On the other hand: We have AB, Terry, Lee, Crawford and eralier on Barbosa on the 2 and PP with Green on the 3. It is not like he would have helped to solve our biggest issues: Scoring and Rebounding. His minutes were limited in Memphis cause he has problems shooting the ball.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

The only future in the NBA that I can envision for Paul and Kevin is LAC. Maybe we can finagle a reallly good trade for Kevin with the understanding that we are buying out Paul and he will sign a friendly one year deal with the Clippers.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

The only future in the NBA that I can envision for Paul and Kevin is LAC. Maybe we can finagle a reallly good trade for Kevin with the understanding that we are buying out Paul and he will sign a friendly one year deal with the Clippers.

=========================================

You are absolutely correct and I knew that LAC was not going to advance with OKC, (before Westbrook got injured) & the Spurs in the west & then Memphis comes along and beats them.  I hate the Lakers but never LAC knowing their roots were in San Diego, not LA.

Monday morning quaterback perhaps but it is a shame KG did not waive his no trade & PP went to LAC. They both live in So. Cal & these 2 HOF might have won another ring playing along Paul & Griffin. Don't know if LAC will be interested in them for 2014.

Sections
Shortcuts