Real Celtics Roster Talk.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Real Celtics Roster Talk.

A lot of fans are throwing out ideas. Some good and some bad. Everyone has a right to that. I just want to set some ground rules.

1. Only Paul Pierce is untouchable. He has more value to us by a wider margin than any other player.

2. Rajon Rondo for Chris Paul is not just a rumor, but a goal. It is clear the Celtics don't believe in Rondo as the future. The trade also fits both sides very well.

3. Danny Ainge is set on making sure this team does not grow old so be ready to watch your Celtics heroes be traded if the price is right. (Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett)

4. We will be a Finals Contender this year.

5. Let me make this clear; any veteran player or future HOF that desires to play on this team for cheap is not a stupid idea. If Allen Iverson wants to play here, then we should accept him. Be realistic, your back up PG is either Carlos Arroyo or an old Allen Iverson. Also, Grant Hill vs. sasha pavlovich. Be real people, they are back ups for a reason.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Re: Real Celtics Roster Talk.

Iverson, Grant Hill, Ray Allen, KG, Paul Pierce, and Jermaine O'Neal - new occupants of Jurassic TD Garden Park. lol

Are we trying to rape Grant Hill? 

Grant Hill has been saying "NO" to Doc and Ainge since 2009.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Btown,
    You have not seen enough of this team falling into a hole as the end of the season and playoffs roll around.  Iverson is a horrible idea at this time.  Who can he cover?  This team gets a tired due to age. We need to get younger.  If Chris Paul is the answer let it happen.  I will only say Rondo is a player who knows how to get the ball to our old guys. Without him we will see how the offense goes.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Real Celtics Roster Talk.:
    [QUOTE]A lot of fans are throwing out ideas. Some good and some bad. Everyone has a right to that. I just want to set some ground rules. 1. Only Paul Pierce is untouchable. He has more value to us by a wider margin than any other player. 2. Rajon Rondo for Chris Paul is not just a rumor, but a goal. It is clear the Celtics don't believe in Rondo as the future. The trade also fits both sides very well. 3. Danny Ainge is set on making sure this team does not grow old so be ready to watch your Celtics heroes be traded if the price is right. (Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett) 4. We will be a Finals Contender this year. 5. Let me make this clear; any veteran player or future HOF that desires to play on this team for cheap is not a stupid idea. If Allen Iverson wants to play here, then we should accept him. Be realistic, your back up PG is either Carlos Arroyo or an old Allen Iverson. Also, Grant Hill vs. sasha pavlovich. Be real people, they are back ups for a reason.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]   GOOD POST......  DANNY NEEDS TO BE CREATIVE AND THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX !!  ANYTHING GOES......  THE LOCKOUT AND NEW AGREEMENT GIVES THE ENTIRE LEAGUE AN OPPORTUNITY TO "TRANSFORM" THE WAY OF DOING BUSINESS & BUILDING ROSTERS !!!   YOUTH IS GOOD, OLD IS BAD !!  DON'T GET CAUGHT GETTING OLD !!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Good post, like your perspective. My take is we have three core players Paul, Ray, and Kevin. They will deliver the core of what the team needs. Rondo is a win-win, if he stays we win, if he goes for Chris Paul we win. The thing I like about Rondo is he plays hard with or without the ball and the older player really need that.

I'd like to see Green back, he just might emerge as a starter by playoff time. I'd like to see Paul, Green, Ray, Rondo, and KG at center in the playoffs. They would be a force.

The bench, like most teams in the NBA this season will be hard to fill out because there simply isn't enough time to develop it.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Kirilenko or Rashad Lewis - if team uses amnesty clause.

Adam Morrison bench

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

In Response to Re: Real Celtics Roster Talk.:
    [QUOTE]Good post, like your perspective. My take is we have three core players Paul, Ray, and Kevin. They will deliver the core of what the team needs. Rondo is a win-win, if he stays we win, if he goes for Chris Paul we win. The thing I like about Rondo is he plays hard with or without the ball and the older player really need that. I'd like to see Green back, he just might emerge as a starter by playoff time. I'd like to see Paul, Green, Ray, Rondo, and KG at center in the playoffs. They would be a force. The bench, like most teams in the NBA this season will be hard to fill out because there simply isn't enough time to develop it.  
    Posted by proftom[/QUOTE]

yes this exactly wat im talking about. Rondo is great and so is Paul. wat scares me tho is messing with rondo's confidence. i hope he knows its not personal and that rules have changed and Ainge must look at ALL options.

There will be a lot of players cut. Good vets like Hamilton, Battier. Id take 3 of them to fill out the bench.

Especially Battier who will provide a solid defender and 3 pt shooter.

I must say that I don't see Green being a major part of this team. I believe he is a trade piece.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Real Celtics Roster Talk. : yes this exactly wat im talking about. Rondo is great and so is Paul. wat scares me tho is messing with rondo's confidence. i hope he knows its not personal and that rules have changed and Ainge must look at ALL options. There will be a lot of players cut. Good vets like Hamilton, Battier. Id take 3 of them to fill out the bench. Especially Battier who will provide a solid defender and 3 pt shooter. I must say that I don't see Green being a major part of this team. I believe he is a trade piece.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

Danny is a gambler so while there's no guarantee he'll be here, I see Green as a major contributor is he's here. The kid has all the skills and has improved his shooting and jumping over the summer (I saw him play late in the summer in a summer league). His confidence is up and as he learns the Celtics D, he becomes a big contributor. This is especially true in a season of back to backs where we must rest the old guys.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Typo: I meant "if he's here"

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

Jeff green is a player without a true NBA position. He has the height to be a good sized 3, but he doesn’t have the physical presence to D up on other 3’s in the league and also struggles to shoot consistently. He isn’t big enough to be a legit 4. Like him, but think he is better suited for a run and gun West Coast team. As most fans thought, that was a big mistake of a trade.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Jeff green is a player without a true NBA position. He has the height to be a good sized 3, but he doesn’t have the physical presence to D up on other 3’s in the league and also struggles to shoot consistently. He isn’t big enough to be a legit 4. Like him, but think he is better suited for a run and gun West Coast team. As most fans thought, that was a big mistake of a trade.
    Posted by gbman87603[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, but haven't given up on him.  He is definitely a better 3 than 4 but not sure where he will play this season.  I would expect that he will be much better this season.  Isn't he the main reason that Perk was traded.  I never thought that trading Perk was a good idea and really hope that Green improves this season. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Jeff green is a player without a true NBA position. He has the height to be a good sized 3, but he doesn’t have the physical presence to D up on other 3’s in the league and also struggles to shoot consistently. He isn’t big enough to be a legit 4. Like him, but think he is better suited for a run and gun West Coast team. As most fans thought, that was a big mistake of a trade.
    Posted by gbman87603[/QUOTE]

I think he`s big enough to play the 4.Just doesn`t seem tough enough.Seems to be a step behind on D at the 3.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I see him as a 3.  But, I don't think he was a step slow....I think he just didn't know the D of the C's.  I have high expectations for him this year.   As long as we remember he's not KG nor Gasol nor Lebron nor Pierce nor Durant.......we will be ok.  Not every player is an all star.  We didn't give up an all star to get him so we got someone good, not great.  We should not expect him to be great......just good and I think he'll live up to that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

Bench: shane battier, jason richardson, jermaine o'neal, jeff foster, marquis daniels, avery bradley, von wafer

starters: truth,kg,tyson,sugar ray and CP3

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]I see him as a 3.  But, I don't think he was a step slow....I think he just didn't know the D of the C's.  I have high expectations for him this year.   As long as we remember he's not KG nor Gasol nor Lebron nor Pierce nor Durant.......we will be ok.  Not every player is an all star.  We didn't give up an all star to get him so we got someone good, not great.  We should not expect him to be great......just good and I think he'll live up to that.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

u make a lot of good points about Jeff Green. Im not saying he isnt good or cant improve, but I think he was acquired as a valuable asset to a major trade.

This is something I know u guys don't want to hear, but maybe we should start rebuilding now. I would feel so torn, but if we traded the big 3 now, we could get some valuable young assets to help this team become a Title favorite in a couple years again like OKC. At the same time, we can just play this out and take the cap room and do it through free agency.

So much of the Celtics future is dependent on Rondo, Jeff Green, Big Baby, Avery Bradley, and Jajuan Johnson and how we use them to either trade for other guys or develope them into players.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

As Captain Miller in Saving Private Ryan said "who's gonna go left?"  I'm saying who's gonna play center?