Realistcally

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dblock33644. Show dblock33644's posts

Realistcally

Would we have been better off making the two trades of Ray allen and Paul pierce? I mean its great to see the celtics playing welll but to pass up on the future idk if its worth it. I mean had the chance to get potentially Anthony Davis who will be a monster in about 3 years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: Realistcally

In Response to Realistcally:
    [QUOTE]Would we have been better off making the two trades of Ray allen and Paul pierce? I mean its great to see the celtics playing welll but to pass up on the future idk if its worth it. I mean had the chance to get potentially Anthony Davis who will be a monster in about 3 years.
    Posted by dblock33644[/QUOTE]

I'm not that impressed with Davis, but time will tell. I remember when Camby outplayed Duncan in college match-ups.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dblock33644. Show dblock33644's posts

Davis has only been that size for a year now. thats why he is so skinny he gred 7 inches his senior season and he is that dominant. give him some weight he and a better all around game he would be dominant.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Knowing we were that close to a trade like this and weren't able to pull it off, makes me sick!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Realistcally:
    [QUOTE] Knowing we were that close to a trade like this and weren't able to pull it off, makes me sick!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Actually man all we know is some anonymous guy told yahoo sports we were that close to a trade like that.

It's just a rumor.  As far as the orginal question goes yeah I would have blown it up.  No doubt.  I love Pierce though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]Would we have been better off making the two trades of Ray allen and Paul pierce? I mean its great to see the celtics playing welll but to pass up on the future idk if its worth it. I mean had the chance to get potentially Anthony Davis who will be a monster in about 3 years.
    with the emphasis on "potentially"
    And wasn't Oden supposed to be a monster?
    Its all a big gamble.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

Things have a way of working out as intended.  I, for one, am glad things worked out as they did because "potentially" the 18th banner will hang in the Garden in June!

As Always,

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Things have a way of working out as intended.  I, for one, am glad things worked out as they did because "potentially" the 18th banner will hang in the Garden in June! As Always,
    Posted by JamLock[/QUOTE]
    Love your optimism.  We will see.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistcally : Love your optimism.  We will see.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I always believe the Celtics will win.  No professional athlete worth his salt (and particularly not on the Celtics) thinks if we can just make the playoffs or if we could just get to the second round that would be a good season.  Accordingly, until there is no possibility of the top prize, I adopt the same attitude:  I believe the Celtics will win it all.

As Always,

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Ainge has never been shy about pulling the trigger, if anything he can only be criticized for trading too much too often. So if this didn't go through it's not likely "trigger Danny"'s fault...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Ainge has never been shy about pulling the trigger, if anything he can only be criticized for trading too much too often. So if this didn't go through it's not likely "trigger Danny"'s fault...
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

I agree!  Why would we tell the guy he was traded, then say the deal fell through?  I think, if WE pulled the deal off the table, they would wait until the last possible minute to tell him............don't you?
    I think DA would have pulled the trigger, I think MEM got cold feet!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Realistcally : I'm not that impressed with Davis, but time will tell. I remember when Camby outplayed Duncan in college match-ups.
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

Not that impressed with Davis........ Let's see - more athletic than Amare, more touch than Duncan, better defensively than KG, yeah...... why would anyone be impressed.....

If you don't draft them, you have to play against them... and starting next year they are going to have to start playing against the actually good young teams with pretty much no talent on the roster.... 25 wins begins....... right after the playoffs....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Realistcally : with the emphasis on "potentially" And wasn't Oden supposed to be a monster? Its all a big gamble.
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

It is all such a huge gamble....

22 of last year's all-stars were top 10 picks....

last year's finals included Kidd, Dirk, Terry, Marion, Chandler, LeBron, Wade, Bosh, etc.... all top 10 picks....

the year before it was KG, Ray, Paul, Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, etc. - lottery picks....

In order to get to the finals you have to beat Rose, Noah, Deng, etc.

There is absolutely no chance of building with late first round picks and pretending that they are going to somehow contend... it took two huge expiring contracts and a bunch of late first round picks just to get KG and Ray who were already past their prime just to contend.....

Maybe this year - Durant, Westbrook, and Harden will face LeBron, Wade, Bosh or Noah, Deng, Rose......  all lottery picks......

Realisitically? The only reality that involves winning is based completely on having lottery picks..... the more the better... the last time the Heat beat the Mavs it was Shaq, Wade, Employee #8, White Chocolate, Gary Payton, etc. against Terry, Kidd, Dirk, Dampier, etc......

There are no chances that the Cs two late first round picks this coming draft will even be on the roster of the team that wins #18.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

1st off, Basketbert, Oden still is a monster, he just can't stay healthy. I feel bad for the kid. Hopefully someone takes a flyer on him and he can still make a career for himself. And if he ever is healthy, watch out NBA.

And dudder, while I agree that it's best to build through top draft picks, if you're going by that logic, then yes next years team CAN win, with anyone the C's pick because Pierce was a top 10 pick. KG was also a top 10, as was Ray. And for banner # 17 you had them, a # 21 pick, and a #27 pick as your starting 5. And How many of them were picked by the C's? Yup Pierce (at 10), the #21 and the #27.

On top of those guys you had a #18, #19, #24, #25, #29, #32, #34, #35, #37, and #49. And only 6 players on the whole team (including Pierce and that #21 and #27) Were drafted by the C's. The others were a #25, a #32 and a ##35.

So saying that players in the 20's range are worthless...that's just ignorance.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i really applaud danny for keeping this team together and just adding on despite all the pressure on him to blow the team up.....and the team has come through for him by having the best record since the ASB and clinching the division yet again.....i for one, am enjoying this while i can, because if they dont make some splashes in free agency this offseason, it may be awhile until we get a title contending celtics team again, however doc signing that extension gives me hope that danny has something up his sleeve.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistcally : It is all such a huge gamble.... 22 of last year's all-stars were top 10 picks.... last year's finals included Kidd, Dirk, Terry, Marion, Chandler, LeBron, Wade, Bosh, etc.... all top 10 picks.... the year before it was KG, Ray, Paul, Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, etc. - lottery picks.... In order to get to the finals you have to beat Rose, Noah, Deng, etc. There is absolutely no chance of building with late first round picks and pretending that they are going to somehow contend... it took two huge expiring contracts and a bunch of late first round picks just to get KG and Ray who were already past their prime just to contend..... Maybe this year - Durant, Westbrook, and Harden will face LeBron, Wade, Bosh or Noah, Deng, Rose......  all lottery picks...... Realisitically? The only reality that involves winning is based completely on having lottery picks..... the more the better... the last time the Heat beat the Mavs it was Shaq, Wade, Employee #8, White Chocolate, Gary Payton, etc. against Terry, Kidd, Dirk, Dampier, etc...... There are no chances that the Cs two late first round picks this coming draft will even be on the roster of the team that wins #18.....
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Sorry to have to fill you in since you are so basketball smart but Jason Kidd didn't play with the Mavericks at that time. When you start mouthing off, trying to show the board how smart you are please try to get the facts right instead of just making up a bunch of junk. Hows that Rondo thing working out for you?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]1st off, Basketbert, Oden still is a monster, he just can't stay healthy. I feel bad for the kid. Hopefully someone takes a flyer on him and he can still make a career for himself. And if he ever is healthy, watch out NBA. And dudder, while I agree that it's best to build through top draft picks, if you're going by that logic, then yes next years team CAN win, with anyone the C's pick because Pierce was a top 10 pick. KG was also a top 10, as was Ray. And for banner # 17 you had them, a # 21 pick, and a #27 pick as your starting 5. And How many of them were picked by the C's? Yup Pierce (at 10), the #21 and the #27. On top of those guys you had a #18, #19, #24, #25, #29, #32, #34, #35, #37, and #49. And only 6 players on the whole team (including Pierce and that #21 and #27) Were drafted by the C's. The others were a #25, a #32 and a ##35. So saying that players in the 20's range are worthless...that's just ignorance.
    Posted by jgallag1[/QUOTE]
    I'm sure Oden WOULD have been great, but that's not my point. Even a potential star's career can be derailed by injuries. All I'm saying is the lottery is a big gamble.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistcally : It is all such a huge gamble.... 22 of last year's all-stars were top 10 picks.... last year's finals included Kidd, Dirk, Terry, Marion, Chandler, LeBron, Wade, Bosh, etc.... all top 10 picks.... the year before it was KG, Ray, Paul, Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, etc. - lottery picks.... In order to get to the finals you have to beat Rose, Noah, Deng, etc. There is absolutely no chance of building with late first round picks and pretending that they are going to somehow contend... it took two huge expiring contracts and a bunch of late first round picks just to get KG and Ray who were already past their prime just to contend..... Maybe this year - Durant, Westbrook, and Harden will face LeBron, Wade, Bosh or Noah, Deng, Rose......  all lottery picks...... Realisitically? The only reality that involves winning is based completely on having lottery picks..... the more the better... the last time the Heat beat the Mavs it was Shaq, Wade, Employee #8, White Chocolate, Gary Payton, etc. against Terry, Kidd, Dirk, Dampier, etc...... There are no chances that the Cs two late first round picks this coming draft will even be on the roster of the team that wins #18.....
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    Since you like compling lists, can you check  the top 10s of the drafts of the last 10 years or so and tell me how many players didn't live up to the hype?  Regardless of whether your list is correct, I'm betting the "failed" list is a lot longer.

You're basically saying someone's a fool for not playing the lottery because there's always, or often often folks winning the lottery.....I still say its a big gamble.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Realistcally": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistcally : It is all such a huge gamble.... 22 of last year's all-stars were top 10 picks.... last year's finals included Kidd, Dirk, Terry, Marion, Chandler, LeBron, Wade, Bosh, etc.... all top 10 picks.... the year before it was KG, Ray, Paul, Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, etc. - lottery picks.... In order to get to the finals you have to beat Rose, Noah, Deng, etc. There is absolutely no chance of building with late first round picks and pretending that they are going to somehow contend... it took two huge expiring contracts and a bunch of late first round picks just to get KG and Ray who were already past their prime just to contend..... Maybe this year - Durant, Westbrook, and Harden will face LeBron, Wade, Bosh or Noah, Deng, Rose......  all lottery picks...... Realisitically? The only reality that involves winning is based completely on having lottery picks..... the more the better... the last time the Heat beat the Mavs it was Shaq, Wade, Employee #8, White Chocolate, Gary Payton, etc. against Terry, Kidd, Dirk, Dampier, etc...... There are no chances that the Cs two late first round picks this coming draft will even be on the roster of the team that wins #18..... Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE] Most of these high first round picks are winning championships or playing for championships with teams OTHER than the ones that drafted them. Just last year, only Wade and Dirk are playing with their original teams.....so between not knowing if the particular choice will be an Oden/Darko or a Wade/Kobe, it SI a big risk. Add to that: Memphis is not and would not be a lottery team. Nets with Pierce would likely have made the playoffs (add Paul's great play to DWill and Humphries and they are better than Philly). So, no lottery picks and Davis isn't even a possibility. Danny did the right thing. Keep the players together, let us all have fun watching them this year, and be a player in the free agent market and trade market over the next two years, building around Rondo, Bradley, and hopefully a healthy Jeff Green. Even Pierce has 2 good years left in him and add just one super talent via trade or free agency and we're right back to challengers, again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

[QUOTE]Things have a way of working out as intended.  I, for one, am glad things worked out as they did because "potentially" the 18th banner will hang in the Garden in June! As Always,
    Posted by JamLock[/QUOTE]

I  wish  you  were  right  about  getting  the  18th  banner.  But  REALISTICALLY, the  Celts  aren't  going  to  come  out  of  the  East.  Although  they  have  played  well  since  the  all-star  break  and  have  not  been  at  full  strength, the  Celts  rebounding  deficit  is  too  much  to  overcome.  I  can't  ever  recall  a  Celtic  team  which  rebounds  as  poorly  as  this  one.  They  continually  give  the  opposition  second  chance  points.  And  against  the  elite  teams, the  Celts  will  be  exposed.  DA  should  have  traded  PP, RA  and  KG  at  the  beginning  of  the  season.  I  love  those  guys, but  it's  a  business  and  the  Celts  desperately  need  to  get  younger  and  more  althletic.  The  Celts  have  some  promising  young  players  ( ie.  Bradley )  and  they  need  to  build  around  RR  and  Bradley.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Realistcally": Most of these high first round picks are winning championships or playing for championships with teams OTHER than the ones that drafted them. Just last year, only Wade and Dirk are playing with their original teams.....so between not knowing if the particular choice will be an Oden/Darko or a Wade/Kobe, it SI a big risk. Add to that: Memphis is not and would not be a lottery team. Nets with Pierce would likely have made the playoffs (add Paul's great play to DWill and Humphries and they are better than Philly). So, no lottery picks and Davis isn't even a possibility. Danny did the right thing. Keep the players together, let us all have fun watching them this year, and be a player in the free agent market and trade market over the next two years, building around Rondo, Bradley, and hopefully a healthy Jeff Green. Even Pierce has 2 good years left in him and add just one super talent via trade or free agency and we're right back to challengers, again.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    Agree completely. It has been a fun season after the intitial struggles and that's all we can ask for.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

who told you that WE passed out on the trade?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Realistcally : I'm not that impressed with Davis, but time will tell. I remember when Camby outplayed Duncan in college match-ups.
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

Da it sure must take  a lot to impress you.  That dude appears to be a star in the making.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Realistcally : Da it sure must take  a lot to impress you.  That dude appears to be a star in the making.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Agree that Anthony Davis should have a great NBA career.  I would be very surprised if he doesn't prove to be a very good NBA player.