Reality Check!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Reality Check!

In Response to Reality Check!:
    [QUOTE]Do you guys ever look at the Play-by-Play or Shot Chart of games?  It tells some very significant problems with a team or players game. Last night KG almost had a Triple/Double.  His passing and rebounding were very good.  His "D" STUNK!  He never boxed out and let his man get 8 "O" boards.  He never boxes out  --  just jumps straight up.  That will kill us against the Lakerw. PP shot 50%  --  very good.  Problem is that he scored only 1 basket in the 2nd half.  He disappeared. Rondo had a terrible game.  He had only 5 Assists and 6 Turn-overs.  He can't hit a foul shot  --  1 - 4.  He had 11 Pts.. As a teamwe had 21 T/O's and let the opponent have 26 more shots than we did.   All this wile giving up 19 "O" boards.  It looked like a CYO JV game on the boards.  We just stood around and didn't put a body on anyone. Our 2nd unit was terrible!  They 1 FG in the 1st half and 1 Assist for the game. Perk did very well for just returning.  Ray hit a few, to stretch the lead. We better get our act together, or the Mavs and Lakers could be Big Trouble    
    Posted by CaptChris[/QUOTE]

Actually that doesn't tell the whole story. Since PP is my favorite player I tend to pay attention to him a lot.  Two of his TO's should have actually been chargeed to Rondo.  One was a pass on a fastbreak into 3 Blazers that PP ended up kicking out of bounds.  The other was a pass that Rondo nearly threw out of bounds that PP saved and tried throwing back in bounds that was picked off. So really Rondo had 8 to's in my book.  I think he is too careless with the ball a lot of times.

As far as what the whole team did wrong or when they did it.  We did enough to win comfortably.  When Paul or Ray score the other teams tend to start helping out on that player.  Paul scored early and they adjusted and that helped Ray get some open looks, works the other way also. Just like the other nite Paul had 17 first quarter points, 7 the rest of the way. Was that a bad game?  Of course we blew them out. 

Not saying we can't improve in areas likes TO's , rebounding, etc.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Re: Reality Check!

In Response to Reality Check!:
    [QUOTE]Do you guys ever look at the Play-by-Play or Shot Chart of games?  It tells some very significant problems with a team or players game. Last night KG almost had a Triple/Double.  His passing and rebounding were very good.  His "D" STUNK!  He never boxed out and let his man get 8 "O" boards.  He never boxes out  --  just jumps straight up.  That will kill us against the Lakerw. PP shot 50%  --  very good.  Problem is that he scored only 1 basket in the 2nd half.  He disappeared. Rondo had a terrible game.  He had only 5 Assists and 6 Turn-overs.  He can't hit a foul shot  --  1 - 4.  He had 11 Pts.. As a teamwe had 21 T/O's and let the opponent have 26 more shots than we did.   All this wile giving up 19 "O" boards.  It looked like a CYO JV game on the boards.  We just stood around and didn't put a body on anyone. Our 2nd unit was terrible!  They 1 FG in the 1st half and 1 Assist for the game. Perk did very well for just returning.  Ray hit a few, to stretch the lead. We better get our act together, or the Mavs and Lakers could be Big Trouble    
    Posted by CaptChris[/QUOTE]
    KG sometimes doesn`t box out because he`s playing help defense.He defended Aldridge,their#1 scoring threat most of the night and toally frustrated him. kG is, in my opinion, the least of our worries.

Sections
Shortcuts