Really far fetched idea

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Really far fetched idea

If we traded Green for pick(s),Bass for picks and didn't resign AB or Hump and waived Bogans. Could DA pull both LBJ and Melo? RR,LBJ and Melo would win the east and maybe more. With those 3, our #6 & 17& one of the picks traded for),  Sully ,KO , Faverani, Wallace(who would be perfect compliment to the 3), Chris Johnson, PP(would sign at vet min) and J Anthony.  I think we could win a ring or more with that lineup. Stevens style would be a perfect fit for both LBJ and Melo. It's a really far fetched idea but, I think it could be made to work and if there is anybody on the planet that could pull it off it would be DA.

I'm going to plug in who I would like to see us draft but feel free to plug in your picks;

Pg RR,Pressey

SG Anderson, Harris,PP,Johnson

SF Melo,Wallace, PP,Johnson

PF LBJ,Sully,KO,

C KO,Sully,Faverani, Anthony.

We could also maybe take a flyer on Saric and stash him ala Splitter.

Please spare me the Sources and HAHAHA stuff. Some posters have gotten a 1000x better about brow beating ( namely 34, unless when bickering with 8 or Rame) but some seem really trying to take his bully pulpit spot. It's an idea in the rumor/report season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Re: Really far fetched idea

Unlikely to trade those guys for just picks, let alone get those 2 to come here.  Salary cap space doesn't just grow on trees.  Heck if we are talking far fetched maybe someon would take qa future first plus wallace for a future second lol.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

That's why I said let all those, releasing or not resigning would free up almost 40 mil, and keeping the picks would give us quality players on 3 yr rookie contracts.  It's no more improbable than DAs rabbit out of hat 07 feat. Now if I said we'd get someone to take Wallace's salary that would've been borderline impossible but, with that lineup Wallace would be a very valuable piece and not such an albatross financially.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In theory, we should be able to do sign and trade for both Lebron and Melo.  How do you get everyone including all the teams to agree to this simultaneously while at the same time beat out all other pitches from other teams are unimaginable.  This is way more complicated than 07.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

That's why I said let all those, releasing or not resigning would free up almost 40 mil, and keeping the picks would give us quality players on 3 yr rookie contracts.  It's no more improbable than DAs rabbit out of hat 07 feat. Now if I said we'd get someone to take Wallace's salary that would've been borderline impossible but, with that lineup Wallace would be a very valuable piece and not such an albatross financially.

It is more improbable than 07.  It is an interesting idea, but some problems are:

1.  It would not be, as already stated, easy to get rid of said players for picks.  In fact it would be next to impossible, as half the league is trying to shed salary.

2. I don't think either LeBron or melo really want to be here.  This is probably the biggest problem with this idea.

3. That team does not have a center.  KO and Sully are not centers.

4.  Pierce would not sign for the vet minimum, and that leaves us without a 3.  Wallace is utter garbage.

In 07, allen and garnett were both already past their prime, and we obtained them in fair trades for reasonable salaries.  You really cant compare 2014 melo and LeBron to 07 KG and Allen.  It would make for a fun season though, I will give you that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

What I find strange, and this was when people were saying Melo to Miami, is that LeBron and Melo play the same position.  

Don't get me wrong, LeBron could probably play all 5 positions, but do you really want him playing the four, I don't think so?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

R-H,

Even if Lebron and 'Melo decide (by whatever miracle) to go to Boston there's a good chance that the roster you suggested won't work. 2 major reasons.

1. Conflict of "alpha dogs" - LJ vs RR vs CA

2. High probability LJ and CA will not go along with Brad

Also, I'd rather get Asik (in addition to LJ and CA) than anyone else.

AK

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

What I find strange, and this was when people were saying Melo to Miami, is that LeBron and Melo play the same position.  

Don't get me wrong, LeBron could probably play all 5 positions, but do you really want him playing the four, I don't think so?

[object HTMLDivElement]

I  100% agree - I said this as well.  Is LeBron going to be the "4?"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

If we traded Green for pick(s),Bass for picks and didn't resign AB or Hump and waived Bogans. Could DA pull both LBJ and Melo? RR,LBJ and Melo would win the east and maybe more. With those 3, our #6 & 17& one of the picks traded for),  Sully ,KO , Faverani, Wallace(who would be perfect compliment to the 3), Chris Johnson, PP(would sign at vet min) and J Anthony.  I think we could win a ring or more with that lineup. Stevens style would be a perfect fit for both LBJ and Melo. It's a really far fetched idea but, I think it could be made to work and if there is anybody on the planet that could pull it off it would be DA.

I'm going to plug in who I would like to see us draft but feel free to plug in your picks;

Pg RR,Pressey

SG Anderson, Harris,PP,Johnson

SF Melo,Wallace, PP,Johnson

PF LBJ,Sully,KO,

C KO,Sully,Faverani, Anthony.

We could also maybe take a flyer on Saric and stash him ala Splitter.

Please spare me the Sources and HAHAHA stuff. Some posters have gotten a 1000x better about brow beating ( namely 34, unless when bickering with 8 or Rame) but some seem really trying to take his bully pulpit spot. It's an idea in the rumor/report season.

Stop this particular edition of gross and lewd stupidity...please, this puts you in the Commy C league...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to myurkus' comment:

It is more improbable than 07.  It is an interesting idea, but some problems are:

1.  It would not be, as already stated, easy to get rid of said players for picks.  In fact it would be next to impossible, as half the league is trying to shed salary.

2. I don't think either LeBron or melo really want to be here.  This is probably the biggest problem with this idea.

4.  Pierce would not sign for the vet minimum, and that leaves us without a 3.  Wallace is utter garbage.

In 07, allen and garnett were both already past their prime, and we obtained them in fair trades for reasonable salaries.  You really cant compare 2014 melo and LeBron to 07 KG and Allen.  It would make for a fun season though, I will give you that.

It's NOT interesting unless you think Superman getting beat up by Batman is both interesting and possible...

Lord, Thursday night can't come fast enough!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

In response to myurkus' comment:

It's NOT interesting unless you think Superman getting beat up by Batman is both interesting and possible...

Lord, Thursday night can't come fast enough!

Really? The post started with far fetched idea.

Secondly LBJ could play the 4.

Thirdly, Melo and LBJ would have enough touches when you look at the rest of the line up.

Getting picks even future picks would be good for teams like Phe  ,GSW , Minn, LAC,WASH. Chi.  Especially Pheonix since Frye opted out.  Wash might find it that it may give them more $$ room than keeping Ariza.  Minn doesn't trade Love and sends us a pick for Green to help Love out or if they do to help swing a deal in a 3 team trade. Chi would love Bass for a pick or two if they amnesty Boozer @ 6 mil for 2 yrs and a 15 PER Bass has value.

as for Batman and Superman, why don't we just start talking religion or politics or who should've won the Civil war, because that's just crazy talk, it always gets ugly when the Caped Crusader vs. the Mon of Steel topic enters the discussion!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Like I said, Thursday night can't come fast enough!

Now excuse me while I go bend the rear axle on the Batmobile!

Sections
Shortcuts