REALLY? Picks # 6, #17, OLYNYK and SULLINGER for Kevin Love?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

REALLY? Picks # 6, #17, OLYNYK and SULLINGER for Kevin Love?

Can someone explain to me how this makes sense, is even being considered?

I can see how maybe the 2 picks alone are worth one known Kevin Love. Why say "maybe"? Mostly because I don't the evidence that Kevin Love, surrounded by Bass, Green, Rondo, Bradley and whatever else is left will be any more effective than Kevin Love of Minnesota, and the T-Wolves with Love weren't very good. Why would he make this Celtics team any better?

But both picks and both Olynyk and Sullinger? On a purely arithmetic basis it doesn't seem to make much sense (4 young talents for one veteran talent).

Love alone is not going to turn this team around for next year. He's obviously a great piece, he's smart, shoots great, and rebounds great, but he is not a go-to, lead player in any traditional sense.

More importantly to me, though, should be what role is he being projected to serve on a team being put together for down the road, a Pats, Spurs, old Celts-like team.  

During the Garnett, Pierce, Allen era, management, logically enough, opted to maximize the present and stocked the team with "win now'" secondary players. They were fill-ins, asked not to be able to play like the "starters," just to come in, eat minutes, kill time until the "starters" came back on.

Of some there was the hope to catch a few minutes of past magic -  O'Neal, O'Neal, Cassell, R. Wallace, T. Murphy.

For others, it seems to have been a random crap-shoot - J.R. Giddens, Mikki Moore, Bill Walker, Robinson, V. Wafer, Harangody, Erden, Pavlovic, C. Johnson & J. Johnson, Hollins, Stiensma, Williams, Williams, et. al. 

It was always evident that the supporting casts could not be inserted and continue to play in the signature style of the Core 4. And the priority to not draft, sign specific players to develop specifically into the Garnett, Pierce, Allen, Rondo framework assured any Core 4 carryover into the future. 

But now the team gets to start from scratch, gets to define the kind of team it wants to be.

1. Do you agree that it be a team built on/around a player like Kevin Love? 

2. And, if that is okay, what is a reasonable price to pay for him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Re: REALLY? Picks # 6, #17, OLYNYK and SULLINGER for Kevin Love?

go to the "why kevin love" thread. it's all being discussed there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to wicksandrowe's comment:

Can someone explain to me how this makes sense, is even being considered?

I can see how maybe the 2 picks alone are worth one known Kevin Love. Why say "maybe"? Mostly because I don't the evidence that Kevin Love, surrounded by Bass, Green, Rondo, Bradley and whatever else is left will be any more effective than Kevin Love of Minnesota, and the T-Wolves with Love weren't very good. Why would he make this Celtics team any better?

But both picks and both Olynyk and Sullinger? On a purely arithmetic basis it doesn't seem to make much sense (4 young talents for one veteran talent).

Love alone is not going to turn this team around for next year. He's obviously a great piece, he's smart, shoots great, and rebounds great, but he is not a go-to, lead player in any traditional sense.

More importantly to me, though, should be what role is he being projected to serve on a team being put together for down the road, a Pats, Spurs, old Celts-like team.  

During the Garnett, Pierce, Allen era, management, logically enough, opted to maximize the present and stocked the team with "win now'" secondary players. They were fill-ins, asked not to be able to play like the "starters," just to come in, eat minutes, kill time until the "starters" came back on.

Of some there was the hope to catch a few minutes of past magic -  O'Neal, O'Neal, Cassell, R. Wallace, T. Murphy.

For others, it seems to have been a random crap-shoot - J.R. Giddens, Mikki Moore, Bill Walker, Robinson, V. Wafer, Harangody, Erden, Pavlovic, C. Johnson & J. Johnson, Hollins, Stiensma, Williams, Williams, et. al. 

It was always evident that the supporting casts could not be inserted and continue to play in the signature style of the Core 4. And the priority to not draft, sign specific players to develop specifically into the Garnett, Pierce, Allen, Rondo framework assured any Core 4 carryover into the future. 

But now the team gets to start from scratch, gets to define the kind of team it wants to be.

1. Do you agree that it be a team built on/around a player like Kevin Love? 

2. And, if that is okay, what is a reasonable price to pay for him?

IT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL !!!

WAY TOO MUCH TO GIVE UP

THAT #6 PICK IS GOLD, YES YES YES THE PLAYER THEY GET AT #6 ABSOLUTELY CAN BE PROJECTED AS AN ALL STAR WITHIN 5 YEARS !

THE #17 PICK ? ABSOLUTELY THE PLAYER THEY GET AT #17 WILL BE A STARTER AND ABSOLUTELY HAS A CHANCE AT MAKING THE ALL STAR TEAM.

MY GUT TELLS ME KEVIN LOVE IS JUST USING THE CELTICS TO GET A WEST COAST TEAM TO BUMP UP THEIR OFFER.

KELLY OLYNYK MADE THE ALL ROOKIE TEAM AND HE WAS PICKED #13th , GIVE HIM UP ALONG WITH SULLINGER PLUS THE 2 PICKS ?

CRAZY !

THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT, USE THE PICKS AND MAKE THEM COUNT.......NO DRAFTING GUYS LIKE FAB MELO OR JD GIDDONS...NO PROJECTS , NO BASEBALL PLAYERS

TAKE A GUY LIKE TJ WARREN @ 17 

MARCUS SMART OR NOAH VONLEH @ #6

MAKE A DEAL WITH SACRAMENTO OR CHARLOTTE FOR THEIR PICK AND GIVE UP SULLINGER (NICE PLAYER, BUT A TOP TEN PICK IN THIS DRAFT HAS A MUCH HIGHER CEILING.....)

DRAFT 3 PLAYERS AND HAVE THEM LOCKED UP ON ROOKIE CONTRACTS

THE NEW CBA HAS CREATED A NEW REALITY IN THE NBA

YOU HAVE TO DRAFT YOUR GUYS AND YOU HAVE TO MAKE THE PICKS COUNT

NO TRADING FOR A GUY WHO COULDN'T LEAD HIS TEAM TO A PLAYOFF BERTH IN 6 SEASONS IN THE LEAGUE

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

NO TRADING FOR A GUY WHO COULDN'T LEAD HIS TEAM TO A PLAYOFF BERTH IN 6 SEASONS IN THE LEAGUE

...........................................................................................................

Bingo!

Sections
Shortcuts