Really Rondo??!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Really Rondo??!!!!

ok i've had his back all season.... but im tired of it, that was just ridiculous I cant believe what I just saw

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

Re: Really Rondo??!!!!

Amen.  Been trying to hold my tongue, but enough is enough.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Really Rondo??!!!!:

With you on this one.... everyone thought because he had a good game against the Knicks that he was back... I told everyone not to get to excited about one game and sure enough  here he is back to his same old crap.... I blame Doc a lot for not having the balls and sitting him... he enables this guy game after game ....dont get me wrong I like a pass first point guard but Rondo goes to the extreme and passes when he has open layups and then he'll take a critical shot when he should be the last to take it.....his lack of shooting confidence and his excessive risk taking on defense is hurting this team big time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

He is all we got so we have no choice.

We  missed a ton of shots in the paint all night

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

The game is in the mail.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

52 to 26 in the paint  thats where we lost this game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

He is not the reason we lost the game.  You could name three shots by anyone on the team that should not have been taken.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

rondo should have never taken that shot. but doc should have called a timeout before he had a chance to do so. bad play, bad coaching. right now, we need a shakeup. hurry back shaq and JON!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Yea but any other time he passes when he should shoot now he shoots when he should pass lol this guy is confused i cant smh

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

It's amazing how a point guard could have 11 rebounds, 11 assists, 7 steals and 6 points and have, what many would consider, a bad game.  He is frustrating to watch at times.

My frustration with him (as CASox points out) is that he wants so bad to make that assist that he passes up high-percentage scoring opportunities.  Also, many of his passes are not good passes because some guys just cannot do anything with the ball once they get that pass.  It's not a turnover but Green or Pierce or Ray not being in a position to take (and convert) a good shot is just as bad.  And PLEASE stop dribbling the ball out front until the shot clock winds down.

Additionally, at the most critical of times when a great pass and assist is needed, he launches up a "brick".  I still cannot understand when Green is in the corner wide open at the end of the quarter, he insists on hoisting up a 3 that has no chance of going in.

Against the Knicks, he had a beautiful bounce pass to Baby at the end of the 3rd quarter.  That is what you want from him at that moment, not a 3-point attempt.

To me, his hustle is truly there.  He just has these phases where his decision-making kills this team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Oh, and I don't think the Cs lost because of Rondo's play.  No way!

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

[QUOTE]He is not the reason we lost the game.  You could name three shots by anyone on the team that should not have been taken.
    Posted by Number6Fan[/QUOTE]

Missing shots I can understand, but playing not very smart basketball is another topic all together. Simply, Rondo tonight, was making bad basketball plays.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Really Rondo??!!!! : The shot-clock was off, in a situation like that you go for the last shot! Sure Rondo was open, but it WAS NOT THE RIGHT TIME!
    Posted by Fierce-34[/QUOTE]

Exactly .... and Rondo is always gonna be open his confidence is not there and it showed in that moment

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In the 50 years of my watching the NBA I have never seen a player's shot sooo disrespected as Rondo's.  I mean, really...every team DARES him to shoot a wide open 12 foot shot...because he can't hit it !!!!!  Its absolutely incomprehensible. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In the 50 years of my watching the NBA I have never seen a player's shot sooo disrespected as Rondo's.  I mean, really...every team DARES him to shoot a wide open 12 foot shot...because he can't hit it !!!!!  Its absolutely incomprehensible. 
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]

I've never seen anything like it either.

The most disturbing part is that Rondo doesn't seem to be bothered by it... and still claims that he's the best PG around.

His supporters think its great because it opens up passing lanes for assists.

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

Really Allen? Missing all those open shots... Really Pierce? Waiting for the fourth to start playing... Really Garnett? 9 points 6 rebounds. Really Davis? taking your second three of the year. Come on!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsboy. Show celticsboy's posts

[QUOTE]Really Allen? Missing all those open shots... Really Pierce? Waiting for the fourth to start playing... Really Garnett? 9 points 6 rebounds. Really Davis? taking your second three of the year. Come on!
    Posted by paulbrr7[/QUOTE]

don't you love the Rajon Rondo supporters who try to compare Rondo's lack of insurmountable skills to Paul Pierce, KG and Ray Allen, really? Paul Pierce and KG play their respective positions and pretty much delivers on their jobs. Ray Allen, you can say likewise. KG does his jobThe little $11 million Fraud point guard that is Rajon Rondo on the other hand has so many deficiencies in his game, its an insult.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

its funny how a shot that our pg has made NUMEROUS times and was wide open to take is suddenly a "bad shot", just bc he missed it. this is pathetic. rondo had a good game. hustled the entire time, found the open men brilliantly. usually it doesnt, but even the stat sheet showed rondos importance tonite. its sad how just bc he missed a potential game winner you use that as his whole games performance..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

The ball is in Rondo hands to much at the end of games.    Take him out, sub in a shooter so they can't double the Big 3, put the ball in Pierce's hands.  With Rondo out the game...they can't double Pierce as easily.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

[QUOTE]its funny how a shot that our pg has made NUMEROUS times and was wide open to take is suddenly a "bad shot", just bc he missed it. this is pathetic. rondo had a good game. hustled the entire time, found the open men brilliantly. usually it doesnt, but even the stat sheet showed rondos importance tonite. its sad how just bc he missed a potential game winner you use that as his whole games performance..
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

It's not because he missed the shot that I am mad at, I am mad because he decided to take it with the game on the line to be a hero, if it were earlier in the game, he would have pulled it back out to dribble the clock away to get an assist...which is infuriatingly me to no ends.   What the hell is he thinking?  Game on the line, put the ball in the player that has the best chance to make a shot, which is definitely not Rondo. 

Sections
Shortcuts