Really Rondo??!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

Re: Really Rondo??!!!!

In Response to Re: Really Rondo??!!!!:
    In Response to Re: Really Rondo??!!!! : It's not because he missed the shot that I am mad at, I am mad because he decided to take it with the game on the line to be a hero, if it were earlier in the game, he would have pulled it back out to dribble the clock away to get an assist...which is infuriatingly me to no ends.   What the hell is he thinking?  Game on the line, put the ball in the player that has the best chance to make a shot, which is definitely not Rondo. 
    Posted by rayallen1

That's just ludicrous! He played a good game and showed signs of getting back to his all star caliber.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

why is he trying to be a hero?? just bc he shot a wide open floater?? u guys act like Rondo hasnt made that shot a million times. its one of his signature shots, but bc he missed he was trying to be a hero. make it and everyone praises him for taking a comfortable shot for the win. ppl complain all the time that he doesnt take his wide open shots, and now that he had one its a selfish hero play??? MAKE UP YOUR MINDS.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

The ball is in Rondo hands to much at the end of games.    Take him out, sub in a shooter so they can't double the Big 3, put the ball in Pierce's hands.  With Rondo out the game...they can't double Pierce as easily.
    Posted by rayallen1

The ball is in his hands to much the whole game. It's not in Rose's or Nash's hands that much! I blame Doc as much as Rondo! Move the Damn ball!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Look guys,

Why would anyone who is shooting that poorly, and has no confidence in his own shot,  take the last meaninful shot in a game with so much meaning? The clock still had sufficient time to get the ball to someone, who at least has a chance of making shots.

Great athleticism, poor decision making.

... and I am not a Rondo basher, at least before this game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from geneb81. Show geneb81's posts

Wait a minute. The guy puts up a double double and its his fault the team loses? has anybody noticed what the second unit is not doing? Davis IS the second unit, apparently. Green seems to be having a partial letdown, which I assume is temporary. Pavlovic looks nothing like the guy I saw before he became a Celtic. West is still finding his way around,understandably nervous about reinjuring his fragile body parts.And everybody is nervous about the center, since it was not expected that Krstc and Davis wouldhave to carry the whole load. Finally, having the front 5 0r 6 playing big minutes is going to hurt them down the road. For the first time this season I'm getting concerne about what lies ahead.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

why is he trying to be a hero?? just bc he shot a wide open floater?? u guys act like Rondo hasnt made that shot a million times. its one of his signature shots, but bc he missed he was trying to be a hero. make it and everyone praises him for taking a comfortable shot for the win. ppl complain all the time that he doesnt take his wide open shots, and now that he had one its a selfish hero play??? MAKE UP YOUR MINDS.
    Posted by JamezHill24

I honestly cannot remember Rondo making a last second shot to win a game.  I'm sure he has but I just cannot remember when he's done that.  He's urged (by Doc) to take alot of open shots because NOBODY GUARDS HIM.  However, he still has to be smart and make the right decisions about WHEN to take them.

If Rondo took the open shot when he was open, he'd have the most attempts on the team.  If Ray took the open shot when HE was open, he would not have half the attempts of Rondo.  Nobody guards Rondo so the open shot is ALWAYS THERE.  But that doesn't mean TAKE IT.

If Ray goes 2-11, I believe the next shot is going in.  If Rondo goes 2-11, I want him to pass the ball, stop shooting.  That's about making the decision that since my shot is not falling, I'll make the assist instead.  Pierce was white-hot in the 2nd half and it's Rondo's job to feed him and take advantage of that.

At the most critical of times, Rondo decided (decisions) to take just one more shot when the odds were BETTER with having someone else take it, like Pierce.  The clock still had sufficient time to get a much better shot, who at least has a better chance of making shots.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Really Rondo??!!!! : I honestly cannot remember Rondo making a last second shot to win a game.  I'm sure he has but I just cannot remember when he's done that.  He's urged (by Doc) to take alot of open shots because NOBODY GUARDS HIM.  However, he still has to be smart and make the right decisions about WHEN to take them. If Rondo took the open shot when he was open, he'd have the most attempts on the team.  If Ray took the open shot when HE was open, he would not have half the attempts of Rondo.  Nobody guards Rondo so the open shot is ALWAYS THERE.  But that doesn't mean TAKE IT. If Ray goes 2-11, I believe the next shot is going in.  If Rondo goes 2-11, I want him to pass the ball, stop shooting.  That's about making the decision that since my shot is not falling, I'll make the assist instead.  Pierce was white-hot in the 2nd half and it's Rondo's job to feed him and take advantage of that. At the most critical of times, Rondo decided (decisions) to take just one more shot when the odds were BETTER with having someone else take it, like Pierce.  The clock still had sufficient time to get a much better shot, who at least has a better chance of making shots.
    Posted by Petey62

Earlier this season, Rondo took a buzzer beater mid-range shot after hesitating... and missed it. They have been very very few in his career.

I can live with it though. My sense is that he is still sky high after hit 4 of 8 mid-range shots against the Hornets recently, breaking out of his "funk." Since then, he is 8 of 27 in two games.

If he ever hits a buzzer beater, it will be "Katie bar the door" time.

I can live with all the shooting. Its UGLY as heck and really brings into sharp focus just how bad a shooter Rondo is. But the kid needs to keep shooting if he is ever going to develop the shot/confidence.

Mind you, I said... "EVER."

This should have happened 3-4 years ago as part of his natural progression.... and maybe Rondo would have broken thru his confidence issues to get to the other side... but there is no time like the present.

Something has to give, one way or the other!  Keep shooting!

Its time.  Make or break!

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

im not sure hes made many if any buzzer beater or closing seconds shots to take the lead..but last nite shows that hes not scared to take the shot, which is wat some posters on here try to claim. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

im not sure hes made many if any buzzer beater or closing seconds shots to take the lead..but last nite shows that hes not scared to take the shot, which is wat some posters on here try to claim. 
    Posted by JamezHill24

OK!!!  so he's not scared to take an incredibly bad shot with 16 left on the shot clock and 3 automatic first ballot HOF players on the floor with you that he made no effort to get the ball to.....

that and a stale donut will get you a big free cup of jack squat in the playoffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Its funny how after a loss like that, I am just dissapointed with the whole team.  One glaring thing is the almost 20 turnovers and the resulting lack og FGA's that accompanies that.  I see a team that dominated at the f/t line, and had a decent shooting night but pissed away too many opportunities.....I saw Baby getting his a ss handed to him by Leon( a player that was available to us for pennies) , I saw Ray struggling, and I saw Pierce not get the ball until the 2nd half , which Doc said was his fault...I saw a team that was falling apart at the end of the game mainly because they were shocked to be in a dogfight with Memphis....I saw motivated team in the Grizz that had 2 players hungry with something to prove for being let go by the Celtics....and some how...Alll everyone else saw was Rondo and his terrible decision making that cost us a game....smh

Lets be fair now....why is Rondo the scapegoat for everything?  Give the guy some props if  when we win if he is gonna be responsible for all our losses...

Did Rondo have 20 turnovers?  Was Rondo covering Leon?  Yeah I do get upset when the guy doesnt take layups and waits for trailers to pass to and sometimes makes it harder, but I am not gonna cry over him launching a floater at the end of the game we had no business winning anyway...The whole team needs to play better..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

rondo took a horrible shot with plenty of time on the clock for us to get the game-winner. that said, doc never took a timeout to set up a game winning play either. so this loss is as much on doc as it is on rondo or anyone else. we just need a kick-start right now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil11. Show snakeoil11's posts

In the 50 years of my watching the NBA I have never seen a player's shot sooo disrespected as Rondo's.  I mean, really...every team DARES him to shoot a wide open 12 foot shot...because he can't hit it !!!!!  Its absolutely incomprehensible. 
    Posted by Eldunker

Are you being serious?  I could name off the top of my head about a hundred guys that teams would leave open outside.

If you mean point guards say it.  Otherwise this is nothing but hyperbole.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

still dont understand why ppl say the shot was horrible. it really wasnt at all. and if your losing the game you dont hold for the last shot in a fast break opportunity..some ppl need to learn the game. you get a quick shot so that you have a chance at another possession, which we DID have. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

A point guard who can't shoot.....really, what do we Cs fans expect?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Double Doubles?

Never confuse activity for achievement.

Some of you seem to see the trees but not the forest.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Going for assist leadership should always be a lower priority than winning the game.

Shooting the last meaningful shot when there is a lot of time left on the clock should also be left to someone that is shooting well. Home court advantage is more important than trying to prove you can do it.

Rondo is doing what he did last year during the regular season, down the stretch, padding his numbers at the expense to the team.

Last year it was steals at the expense of team defense, and this year it is assists and clutch shooting attempts at the expense of home court advantage.

Others on this web sight are focusing on other issues, and other players, however, all of the other starting five are playing to win as a first priority.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

rondo took a horrible shot with plenty of time on the clock for us to get the game-winner. that said, doc never took a timeout to set up a game winning play either. so this loss is as much on doc as it is on rondo or anyone else. we just need a kick-start right now.
    Posted by kaktug

In the post game interview Doc said that he assumed Rondo would get it to our closer Paul Pierce so there was no need to take a timeout as a PG he should have handled the time better and got it to someone who has made a big shot in that situation time and time again.  Not said maybe this time it'll go in if I pray n toss it close to the rim a gust of wind will knock the ball in.
    (as another poster said... *not a Rondo basher... at least up until now... )

Sections
Shortcuts