Really want to know why we didn't close the deal on Danny Green right now.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Really want to know why we didn't close the deal on Danny Green right now.

Boris Diaw too. David West the summer before last. I want answers.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Really want to know why we didn't close the deal on Danny Green right now.

A. Celtics chose to go hard after Terry over Green because Terry wanted badly to be here, Green wanted badly to stay in SA, and with Jeff Green and PP both SF's and Danny Green not really a SG, esp one who could potentially backup Rondo. With how great he looks now clearly we'd prefer him, but his heart was in SA.

B. David West would have been here if the Lakers didn't trade Odom to the Mavs for a trade exception. That happened during the talks with West and NO. The Mavs as a title contender would have taken JO's 1 year 5.5m for the exception they got for Chandler. They figured Odom for the same exception and a pick was a better deal, so NO didn't want to pay JO and the deal ended.

So blame the heart/desire of two players with similar value last summer (Terry/Green) and the stupid Lakers for dumping Odom after his playoff antics (and against Kobe and his wishes) and ruining our shot at David West

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Ainge screwed up multiple ways. Had he made JON's contract nonguaranteed (only guaranteed if he plays 65 games for instance) with like a 1.5m buyout. He could hae had West.

I'd have liked to have seen prior to 2012 season:

1. Kristic resigned, 20%/1m raise on his 5.5m salary of '11, so 6.5m. Blame Doc's benching him in the playoffs and down the stretch as one reason he bolted for Russia. He was good the first month he arrived from OKC and a career 14/8 in 36 mins, so in the 22 we needed him for he'd have been a 9/5 Center.

2. JON, Bass, Jujuan Johnson, E'Twuan Moore and '12 and '13 1st rd pick to New Orleans

Big Baby to Orlando

David West and Jarrett Jack to Celtics

Lakers of course screwed this up, but maybe NO native Bass, two 1st rd picks, and ridding them of more money (Jack had 2 yrs and was basically given away to GS, Bass 1) would have made them do this?

3. Ray to Memphis for O.J. Mayo

4. Reggie Evans for the MLE instead of Chris Wilcox

C - KG, Krstic

PF - West, Evans

SF - Pierce, Pietrus

SG - Mayo, Bradley

PG - Rondo, Jack

That team wins the 2012 NBA championship in my opinion

Then draft Sully, redshirt him a year behind Evans, and welcome Green over Pietrus and the team is in business again this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

We should have offered him Courtney Lee's money. Wasted opportunity and misjudgment of value.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

We should have offered him Courtney Lee's money. Wasted opportunity and misjudgment of value.

Lee was a complex sign and trade SA likely wouldn't have been down with. It would have been Terry's MLE cash.

As already explained Green's heart was in SA and he actually took a paycut to be there b/c many other teams offered him the full MLE. So sorry Da, even if you want Green now b/c of his torrid finals (he averaged 0.4 pts more than Terry this year). It NEVER was going to happen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Cool. Danny gets a pass then. Terry is more valuable than Danny Green, so he made the right choice. I'm not sure he explored the method he used to get Lee though. I think he thought Lee was better, and I disagree.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Cool. Danny gets a pass then. Terry is more valuable than Danny Green, so he made the right choice. I'm not sure he explored the method he used to get Lee though. I think he thought Lee was better, and I disagree.

Danny gets a pass for his 2007, 2009 and 2012 offseasons, the last 2 can be nit-picked but it was really underperforming players (Sheed/Quis/Terry/Lee) and age/injuries (KG/Perk/Rondo/Sully) that ruined the seasons that followed. But I think he bungled 2008, 2010 and 2011 pretty badly.

Lee, Danny Green, Terry... going into last offseason they all had around the same 5m value. The point you are missing is that with Pierce and Jeff Green here Terry fit better on the roster then a 3rd SF and with Green signing for less to stay in SA its a moot point anyhow.

Terry is one of the few players I wouldn't have been surprised to see hit 5 three's a game in the NBA finals he just didn't get a chance. Green was never coming here anyhow and Lee's sign and trade isn't even worth discussing. The Spurs had Green for a 3.5 million discount. They didn't want second rd picks and 4 million worth of our garbage so we could pay him 5m. Yeesh.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Sure, here's your answer: 

hope that helps.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

David West would have been here if the Lakers didn't trade Odom to the Mavs for a trade exception. That happened during the talks with West and NO. The Mavs as a title contender would have taken JO's 1 year 5.5m for the exception they got for Chandler. They figured Odom for the same exception and a pick was a better deal, so NO didn't want to pay JO and the deal ended.

So blame the heart/desire of two players with similar value last summer (Terry/Green) and the stupid Lakers for dumping Odom after his playoff antics (and against Kobe and his wishes) and ruining our shot at David West

Exactly ... NO would do that deal with the C's having the Mavs as a third party for JON. The Lakers killed two birds (Odom & C's) with that one stone ... they knew what they were doing and have openly admitted that if they couldn't win a title they would do what they could to prevent the C's from winning another ... Don't ever forget that when you consider making a trade with the Lakers cuz I won't and I bet Danny Ainge doesn't either.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Ainge screwed up multiple ways. Had he made JON's contract nonguaranteed (only guaranteed if he plays 65 games for instance) with like a 1.5m buyout. He could hae had West.

1. Kristic resigned, 20%/1m raise on his 5.5m salary of '11, so 6.5m. Blame Doc's benching him in the playoffs and down the stretch as one reason he bolted for Russia. He was good the first month he arrived from OKC and a career 14/8 in 36 mins, so in the 22 we needed him for he'd have been a 9/5 Center.

2. JON, Bass, Jujuan Johnson, E'Twuan Moore and '12 and '13 1st rd pick to New Orleans

Big Baby to Orlando

Lakers of course screwed this up, but maybe NO native Bass, two 1st rd picks, and ridding them of more money (Jack had 2 yrs and was basically given away to GS, Bass 1) would have made them do this?

C - KG, Krstic

PF - West, Evans

SF - Pierce, Pietrus

SG - Mayo, Bradley

PG - Rondo, Jack

Then draft Sully, redshirt him a year behind Evans, and welcome Green over Pietrus and the team is in business again this year.

Even a diehard Celtics/Ainge fan as myself has to admit -the list of deals that never got closed,  the free agent decisions.....man, it's incredible how BADLY things have gone since they won the Championship in June of 2008

I can't imagine a better way out than this proposed trade with the Clippers , for all concerned....

But if Ainge doesn't close on this one ? Man, how is he going to keep his job ?

Larry Bird is looking for work and so is George Karl. 

Wonder what Wyc and Family are thinking right now ? 

This has to be Danny Ainge's last chance to redeem himself......how could he possibly keep his job if he doesn't move KG & Pierce and Doc is forced to come back to a job he doesn't really want ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

[QUOTE]

Big Baby to Orlando

C - KG, Krstic

PF - West, Evans

SF - Pierce, Pietrus

SG - Mayo, Bradley

PG - Rondo, Jack

Even a diehard Celtics/Ainge fan as myself has to admit -the list of deals that never got closed,  the free agent decisions.....man, it's incredible how BADLY things have gone since they won the Championship in June of 2008

I can't imagine a better way out than this proposed trade with the Clippers , for all concerned....

But if Ainge doesn't close on this one ? Man, how is he going to keep his job ?

Larry Bird is looking for work and so is George Karl. 

Wonder what Wyc and Family are thinking right now ? 

This has to be Danny Ainge's last chance to redeem himself......how could he possibly keep his job if he doesn't move KG & Pierce and Doc is forced to come back to a job he doesn't really want ?

[/QUOTE]

In case you haven't heard this;

http://audio.weei.com/a/76501565/bill-simmons-espn-joins-grande-and-max-on-the-inaugural-edition-of-celtics-summer-cooler.htm#

17. This post has been removed.