Really want to know why we didn't close the deal on Danny Green right now.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Really want to know why we didn't close the deal on Danny Green right now.

Boris Diaw too. David West the summer before last. I want answers.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: Really want to know why we didn't close the deal on Danny Green right now.

We should have offered him Courtney Lee's money. Wasted opportunity and misjudgment of value.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Cool. Danny gets a pass then. Terry is more valuable than Danny Green, so he made the right choice. I'm not sure he explored the method he used to get Lee though. I think he thought Lee was better, and I disagree.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTS. Show BostonTS's posts

Sure, here's your answer: 

hope that helps.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Ainge screwed up multiple ways. Had he made JON's contract nonguaranteed (only guaranteed if he plays 65 games for instance) with like a 1.5m buyout. He could hae had West.

I'd have liked to have seen prior to 2012 season:

1. Kristic resigned, 20%/1m raise on his 5.5m salary of '11, so 6.5m. Blame Doc's benching him in the playoffs and down the stretch as one reason he bolted for Russia. He was good the first month he arrived from OKC and a career 14/8 in 36 mins, so in the 22 we needed him for he'd have been a 9/5 Center.

2. JON, Bass, Jujuan Johnson, E'Twuan Moore and '12 and '13 1st rd pick to New Orleans

Big Baby to Orlando

David West and Jarrett Jack to Celtics

Lakers of course screwed this up, but maybe NO native Bass, two 1st rd picks, and ridding them of more money (Jack had 2 yrs and was basically given away to GS, Bass 1) would have made them do this?

3. Ray to Memphis for O.J. Mayo

4. Reggie Evans for the MLE instead of Chris Wilcox

C - KG, Krstic

PF - West, Evans

SF - Pierce, Pietrus

SG - Mayo, Bradley

PG - Rondo, Jack

That team wins the 2012 NBA championship in my opinion

Then draft Sully, redshirt him a year behind Evans, and welcome Green over Pietrus and the team is in business again this year.

Even a diehard Celtics/Ainge fan as myself has to admit -the list of deals that never got closed,  the free agent decisions.....man, it's incredible how BADLY things have gone since they won the Championship in June of 2008

I can't imagine a better way out than this proposed trade with the Clippers , for all concerned....

But if Ainge doesn't close on this one ? Man, how is he going to keep his job ?

Larry Bird is looking for work and so is George Karl. 

Wonder what Wyc and Family are thinking right now ? 

This has to be Danny Ainge's last chance to redeem himself......how could he possibly keep his job if he doesn't move KG & Pierce and Doc is forced to come back to a job he doesn't really want ?

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts