really, what did C's do this offseason?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

really, what did C's do this offseason?

I feel most posters are getting excited about very marginal to non NBA players. Moore, JJJ, Christmas, Melo, Joseph. These guys are not ready to play any meaningful minutes in the NBA, and you have to question if they ever will be ready.
    Everyone has been slapping high 5's, calling DA the best trader in the NBA, but I see an old team, players coming back from serious physical situations, and fringey NBDL types on the team.
    Assuming health, I love the team in a sprint. I think they open the season 20-2. But at the end of the year, in a long drawn out playoff format, I think the Celts have not gotten younger, which was the primary weakness. Was anyone really happy with Greens play in his first year with the Celts? Isn't Wilcox a 10th man, 3rd C off the bench, not a back up C getting meaningful minutes? Lee is a nice player, but a deep drop off from Ray of 2 years ago, and last years first half Ray. Does anyone think KG can play any better than last years 2nd half? Will he stay healthy all year? 
    I am a long time fan. Will be at most every home game, some away games. But to think this off season was great is just not true.
    The one thing that I can see from this off season, and I dont usually make any assumptions from summer league. Celts may have stolen a very good player in the draft in Sully. He physically dominated in college. He wont do that in the NBA. But he is a very smart player. He has great hands and feet. He easily passes out of the double. He uses his body very well. Remains to be seen if he can score on the low post, or if he can rebound. I think he could develop into the #1 scoring option on the 2nd unit his rookie year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tekaronhiakha. Show tekaronhiakha's posts

Re: really, what did C's do this offseason?

I think this offseason was a large success for DA. IMO we have the deepest team in the league period. Can't wait for Bradley to come back, and i think you forgot how good Wilcox played for us last year. He was really starting to gel with Rondo, and frequently beat his guy down the floor for dunks. I know everyone likes Steamer but i don't know he just didn't do it for me. Horrible on pick n roll defense, kind of bumbled alot of passes, and replaced by Hollins in the playoffs. I've been saying this next statement to my Dallas buddy for a month now who i might add HATES losing Terry to us. "Boston is gonna love THE JET!" You just watch sir, he is coming to tear it up off the bench. Lee also replaces Ray's shooting but with the added bonuses of youth and defense. Jeff Green.....we'll see. Not sure i like that contract but he did say he has unfinished business so let's wait and see. I think Sullinger can contribute now, and i also think Melo will come around much quicker then everyone expects. I like our chances, and i think we are a much better team then last year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to Re: really, what did C's do this offseason?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: really, what did C's do this offseason? : Well, IVE got something to say. Lee is an athletic role player with size at the 2 and good range. on his shot. He is 26. he's never played with a truly good team before. I think he was a good acquisition.

***I have stated many times that I do like the Lee aquisition. I simply do not see him as the difference maker or the guy to put the Celts over the top as many on this forum have stated

You are all wet about Terry. He was a key guy on the 2011 champs and is neither spot up only nor mid range. he can shoot it from deep and is a good but not great defender.

***I can be all wet, but I can also have an informed opinion. The numbers pretty much back up that Terry is very good in the mid range game, simply ok from 3 (certainly not Ray). In a pinch, Terry can play guard, but he is not a "combo guard" and his TO rate proves that. Watching him play the few times that I have, he clearly lacks court vision, missing obvious open players. Terry is quickly provong a liability on defense, covered last year by Jkidd, who always played the tougher guard, be it PG or SG. Terry was hidden on D as best as Carlise could. 

Your "argument" keeps insinuating that we are counting on Collins. Forget that. KG showed us all he has plenty left and Wilcox will help him.

***My "arguement" is, and has always been, JC should be the 4th big off the bench, not the 3rd, and Wilcox should be the 3rd big off the bench, not the 2nd. Funny, KG showed me his body can hold up playing C for half the season, playing about 24-28 minutes per game.  

Allen is on the downside and we are way better. You insulting Heddy is a joke b/c you don't know your a--

***I insult Heddy because it is really a fun thing to do...and very easy

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to really, what did C's do this offseason? : Moore and JJJ are no longer our players......Christmas is a stop-gap until Bradley gets back, and Joseph is a 3rd string SF right now. We are excited about Lee, Terry, Green, Sully and Wilcox - best bench in the NBA.......and if we start 20-2, and go .500 the rest of the way, that's still 50 wins! Go Celtics!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

LMAO 

I guess the keyword in that phrase is "IF"?

Laughing

sillyness

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: really, what did C's do this offseason? : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: really, what did C's do this offseason? : Well, IVE got something to say. Lee is an athletic role player with size at the 2 and good range. on his shot. He is 26. he's never played with a truly good team before. I think he was a good acquisition. ***I have stated many times that I do like the Lee aquisition. I simply do not see him as the difference maker or the guy to put the Celts over the top as many on this forum have stated You are all wet about Terry. He was a key guy on the 2011 champs and is neither spot up only nor mid range. he can shoot it from deep and is a good but not great defender. ***I can be all wet, but I can also have an informed opinion. The numbers pretty much back up that Terry is very good in the mid range game, simply ok from 3 (certainly not Ray). In a pinch, Terry can play guard, but he is not a "combo guard" and his TO rate proves that. Watching him play the few times that I have, he clearly lacks court vision, missing obvious open players. Terry is quickly provong a liability on defense, covered last year by Jkidd, who always played the tougher guard, be it PG or SG. Terry was hidden on D as best as Carlise could.    Your "argument" keeps insinuating that we are counting on Collins. Forget that. KG showed us all he has plenty left and Wilcox will help him. ***My "arguement" is, and has always been, JC should be the 4th big off the bench, not the 3rd, and Wilcox should be the 3rd big off the bench, not the 2nd. Funny, KG showed me his body can hold up playing C for half the season, playing about 24-28 minutes per game.   Allen is on the downside and we are way better. You insulting Heddy is a joke b/c you don't know your a-- ***I insult Heddy because it is really a fun thing to do...and very easy
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]No, you insult him to cover the fact that your "expert analysis' is anything but. You change your tune to suit the moment. You "stating many times" that you don't like the Lee acquisition is irrelevant. Basketball people think otherwise. That's not analysis. When I pointed out that he hasn't yet played on a team like this one, that's analysis. Also, go back and read my post. I never said Terry was a point. I said he could shoot from deep. he can. For those of us who played, "midrange" is about 12-17 feet (17 footers are an elbow jumper). 18-24 feet are outside shots or 'deep." A deep j can be a two or a three. This guy can stroke it. Collins is just a depth guy. When it was convenient for you above you listed him in a group of "old' guys we were counting on. Cut the crap, kid. You're just on here trying to pick arguments and insult people. This has been a good offseason for the Celtics, regardless of what you think.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: really, what did C's do this offseason? : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: really, what did C's do this offseason? : Well, IVE got something to say. Lee is an athletic role player with size at the 2 and good range. on his shot. He is 26. he's never played with a truly good team before. I think he was a good acquisition. ***I have stated many times that I do like the Lee aquisition. I simply do not see him as the difference maker or the guy to put the Celts over the top as many on this forum have stated You are all wet about Terry. He was a key guy on the 2011 champs and is neither spot up only nor mid range. he can shoot it from deep and is a good but not great defender. ***I can be all wet, but I can also have an informed opinion. The numbers pretty much back up that Terry is very good in the mid range game, simply ok from 3 (certainly not Ray). In a pinch, Terry can play guard, but he is not a "combo guard" and his TO rate proves that. Watching him play the few times that I have, he clearly lacks court vision, missing obvious open players. Terry is quickly provong a liability on defense, covered last year by Jkidd, who always played the tougher guard, be it PG or SG. Terry was hidden on D as best as Carlise could.    Your "argument" keeps insinuating that we are counting on Collins. Forget that. KG showed us all he has plenty left and Wilcox will help him. ***My "arguement" is, and has always been, JC should be the 4th big off the bench, not the 3rd, and Wilcox should be the 3rd big off the bench, not the 2nd. Funny, KG showed me his body can hold up playing C for half the season, playing about 24-28 minutes per game.   Allen is on the downside and we are way better. You insulting Heddy is a joke b/c you don't know your a-- ***I insult Heddy because it is really a fun thing to do...and very easy
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]
    You are not wrong in your comments.  It just remains to be seen how the Celtics come back from this last season.  Will Rondo continue to move forward, more importantly will KG be able to dominate from the center position, and will these additions be as good as many have stated here.  I think it looks good but in more cynical view the Celtics are thin in the front court and are depending on the new inexperienced additions on making us better here. Green and Wilcox are definitely question marks, they just had heart surgery.  Sullinger and Melo are rookies with positive outlooks but how often did we hear that JJJ and Moore were steals and ready to play.

Most of us are looking forward with optimism but this season will be uncertain as ever.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

It's just delusional to think this team will start 20-2.  Honestly, 18-4 is a long shot. 

But if this team can stay even remotely healthy in the open court, they're going to be devastating come playoff time. They don't need to go 20-2.  They need to go about 16-6.  Look at the rest of the division.  Knicks, Nets, Toronto.  Really, going about 8 games over .500 will win that division.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: really, what did C's do this offseason? : yeah Karp read what Fierce and Hedley said with your plan. They are correct, and your idea turns a 54-58 win 2-3 seed into a 46-50 win 6-7 seed. I'd add that with ur plan we'd have lost the MLE and BAE, Dallas couldn't work a S&T for Terry, so we'd just have given Lee the extra 5m in cap space after Ilyasova signed and needed to use the 2.5m exception to keep Steamer or Pietrus, couldn't have 'em both. so subtract Green, Bass and Terry in favor of Ilyasova, Pietrus (or Steamer, not both) and Moore/Johnson... not good and lets give Melo and Joseph more than a month before you say they won't turn into anything, both showed signs of real potential in the summer league
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

+1`

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Melo - Sullinger - Christmas - Collins -  Joseph - uncertain if Lee will work out - Terry who? & no rebounder --- what's interesting about this additions?

Kinda agree with rcarp.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: really, what did C's do this offseason? : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: really, what did C's do this offseason? : No, you insult him to cover the fact that your "expert analysis' is anything but.   ***I never called my "opinion" expert analysis, but I am in the business of covering these events, so I have access to a lot of games, therefore I do have an opinion You change your tune to suit the moment. You "stating many times" that you don't like the Lee acquisition is irrelevant. Basketball people think otherwise. That's not analysis.   ***Just for the record, seeing as you have a hard time reading, I have stated many times I do like the Lee aquisition. I also don't care what "basketball people" think. I see the games, I watch the players and make my own comments.   When I pointed out that he hasn't yet played on a team like this one, that's analysis. ***When you said Lee has never played on a team like this one, what does that mean? He has never played on a team with such aging vets that cannot rebound or protect the rim? Because when Lee played for the Magic, they went to the finals and Howard was a beast. Also, go back and read my post. I never said Terry was a point. I said he could shoot from deep. he can. For those of us who played, "midrange" is about 12-17 feet (17 footers are an elbow jumper). 18-24 feet are outside shots or 'deep." A deep j can be a two or a three. This guy can stroke it. ***FOr most of us "in the business", midrange is 10 feet and out. There is no such thing as "deep"..a player has a midrange game or 3 point range Collins is just a depth guy. When it was convenient for you above you listed him in a group of "old' guys we were counting on. Cut the crap, kid. You're just on here trying to pick arguments and insult people. This has been a good offseason for the Celtics, regardless of what you think. ***I am glad you liked the Celts offseason. I would assume last year you also thought that the Celts were very happy to draft JJJ and Moore. I would assume you also think Melo will be great this year. I on the other hand am concerned about the age and legs come playoff time, do not think that the C's addressed the rebounding issue, and feel Green will not play any better than what we saw from him earlier in Green (as well as with OKC). I do not know what to expect from Terry, and while you say he can stroke it, his play last year clearly declined. Can he get it back? What do the experts say?  Granted, I have only seen Sully play in person twice while he was in college, I am very impressed with what I have seen on TV. ***Also to be clear, I am very respectful to all posters, siomply call them as I see them. Heddy is a mumza. Doesnt mean he cant have an opinion, but he is a mumza ***You can call me "kid" and say I am looking to insult, but from what I can read from your post you aren't very informed on what the Celts have on the roster this season. That is not insulting, simply an opinion that you dont know what you are talking about, and certainly have zero understanding of the NBA
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]
    I have zero understanding of the NBA? LOL. You are in a position to assess that how? Because you claim to be a media member? whatever dude. We int he "business?" Did you ever play? Past middle school? I attended college on a basketball scholarship. I scored 18 plus a game in good conference. Range is what I said it was. 6-10 is short. 12-17 is mid. 18 plus is outside. I've played and i've coached and I/ve followed the NBA closely foe over 30 years. I was even in one training camp. I know this roster well. This was a good if not spectacular offseason by danny.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: really, what did C's do this offseason? : I have zero understanding of the NBA? LOL. You are in a position to assess that how? Because you claim to be a media member? whatever dude. We int he "business?" Did you ever play? Past middle school? I attended college on a basketball scholarship. I scored 18 plus a game in good conference. Range is what I said it was. 6-10 is short. 12-17 is mid. 18 plus is outside. I've played and i've coached and I/ve followed the NBA closely foe over 30 years. I was even in one training camp. I know this roster well. This was a good if not spectacular offseason by danny.
    Posted by nutter44[/QUOTE]

other than because you said so, what is spectacular? What weaknesses did they address (assuming you feel age and rebounding were a weakness)
    Are you saying Green or Terry were "spectacular"? Was Lee the player to put them over the top? Will Melo or Joseph see 200 minutes the entire season? How do you see the Celts matching up against Lopez, Wallace and Hump? How did their tired legs play against Philly's athleticism? Are they equipped to handle Chandler, Amare and Melo?
    Aside from KG and Sully, DA had the chance to change the roster, and he opted for Jeff Green, Courtney Lee and one of the twins. He pulled his pants down for Ray, and was rebuffed, and rebounded with Terry. I give Danny a C+ only because he lucked out that KG wanted to return, and Sully fell into his lap.
    C'mon Nutter, say something concrete other than how many points you averaged in college...or go away. You haven't said anything of substance other than "because I said so". Give us some insight on which Celts you think are great and why. And dont tell me KG and Terry are great..the top 3 players on the team are again on the wrong side of 35, and on the downside of brilliant careers.
    I applauded DA for resigning Doc, for drafting AB and for trading Perk. I was very vocal about Green not being a player, Moore and JJJ not players, and Melo having maybe a 15-20% chance to pan out. I stand by my call outs and comments, and welcome any to try and change my mind 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: really, what did C's do this offseason? : other than because you said so, what is spectacular? What weaknesses did they address (assuming you feel age and rebounding were a weakness) Are you saying Green or Terry were "spectacular"? Was Lee the player to put them over the top? Will Melo or Joseph see 200 minutes the entire season? How do you see the Celts matching up against Lopez, Wallace and Hump? How did their tired legs play against Philly's athleticism? Are they equipped to handle Chandler, Amare and Melo? Aside from KG and Sully, DA had the chance to change the roster, and he opted for Jeff Green, Courtney Lee and one of the twins. He pulled his pants down for Ray, and was rebuffed, and rebounded with Terry. I give Danny a C+ only because he lucked out that KG wanted to return, and Sully fell into his lap. C'mon Nutter, say something concrete other than how many points you averaged in college...or go away. You haven't said anything of substance other than "because I said so". Give us some insight on which Celts you think are great and why. And dont tell me KG and Terry are great..the top 3 players on the team are again on the wrong side of 35, and on the downside of brilliant careers. I applauded DA for resigning Doc, for drafting AB and for trading Perk. I was very vocal about Green not being a player, Moore and JJJ not players, and Melo having maybe a 15-20% chance to pan out. I stand by my call outs and comments, and welcome any to try and change my mind 
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

Well changing your mind will be hard because you seem so fantically devoted to your postion. 

Rebounding = Wilcox and Sullinger. We lost Wilcox our second best rebounder last year and Sullinger has shown he is ready to contribute in that department. We won't lead the league but we improved.

Bench = Dramatic improvement. Lee and Terry are both good enough to be starters in this league as is Green. Three players we didn't have last year. And Green would have torched Battier.

Starters KG and Paul are a year older but still playing at a high level. And Rondo continues to improve. Also our old guys won't be going through the shortend and very intense lockout year, that with a nicer bench will keep them fresher for playoffs. 

The team is better than last year. Built more like the Spurs in that we have a good roster through and through. 

Winning a title is tough and there are other good teams to be sure. Miami has the best player on the planet,but we improved. We have a chance. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: really, what did C's do this offseason? : Well changing your mind will be hard because you seem so fantically devoted to your postion.  Rebounding = Wilcox and Sullinger. We lost Wilcox our second best rebounder last year and Sullinger has shown he is ready to contribute in that department. We won't lead the league but we improved. Bench = Dramatic improvement. Lee and Terry are both good enough to be starters in this league as is Green. Three players we didn't have last year. And Green would have torched Battier. Starters KG and Paul are a year older but still playing at a high level. And Rondo continues to improve. Also our old guys won't be going through the shortend and very intense lockout year, that with a nicer bench will keep them fresher for playoffs.  The team is better than last year. Built more like the Spurs in that we have a good roster through and through.  Winning a title is tough and there are other good teams to be sure. Miami has the best player on the planet,but we improved. We have a chance. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

JT,
    I respect your opinion. Well said.
    I guess we differ on Wilcox. I think he is a terrible rebounder, and worse offensive player.
    We half way agree on Terry. He can score, albeit not as well as he used to. He cant guard Nutter and his 18ppg in college however, and he is really a poor pg with hiogh TO ratio and poor court vision.
    As I have said, I like Lee
    As I have also said, Sully is intruiging. Great hands and feet. I worry about his reach and his conditioning. So far I really like him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]It's just delusional to think this team will start 20-2.  Honestly, 18-4 is a long shot.  But if this team can stay even remotely healthy in the open court, they're going to be devastating come playoff time. They don't need to go 20-2.  They need to go about 16-6.  Look at the rest of the division.  Knicks, Nets, Toronto.  Really, going about 8 games over .500 will win that division.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, hedleylamar says a lot of delusional things such as: "Steve Nash will be a Knick".  hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

ROFLMAO

Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chordman99. Show chordman99's posts

In Response to really, what did C's do this offseason?:
    [QUOTE]I feel most posters are getting excited about very marginal to non NBA players. Moore, JJJ, Christmas, Melo, Joseph. These guys are not ready to play any meaningful minutes in the NBA, and you have to question if they ever will be ready. Everyone has been slapping high 5's, calling DA the best trader in the NBA, but I see an old team, players coming back from serious physical situations, and fringey NBDL types on the team. Assuming health, I love the team in a sprint. I think they open the season 20-2. But at the end of the year, in a long drawn out playoff format, I think the Celts have not gotten younger, which was the primary weakness. Was anyone really happy with Greens play in his first year with the Celts? Isn't Wilcox a 10th man, 3rd C off the bench, not a back up C getting meaningful minutes? Lee is a nice player, but a deep drop off from Ray of 2 years ago, and last years first half Ray. Does anyone think KG can play any better than last years 2nd half? Will he stay healthy all year?  I am a long time fan. Will be at most every home game, some away games. But to think this off season was great is just not true. The one thing that I can see from this off season, and I dont usually make any assumptions from summer league. Celts may have stolen a very good player in the draft in Sully. He physically dominated in college. He wont do that in the NBA. But he is a very smart player. He has great hands and feet. He easily passes out of the double. He uses his body very well. Remains to be seen if he can score on the low post, or if he can rebound. I think he could develop into the #1 scoring option on the 2nd unit his rookie year.  
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

Really? Wow

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: really, what did C's do this offseason? : JT, I respect your opinion. Well said. I guess we differ on Wilcox. I think he is a terrible rebounder, and worse offensive player. We half way agree on Terry. He can score, albeit not as well as he used to. He cant guard Nutter and his 18ppg in college however, and he is really a poor pg with hiogh TO ratio and poor court vision. As I have said, I like Lee As I have also said, Sully is intruiging. Great hands and feet. I worry about his reach and his conditioning. So far I really like him.
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

I respect your opinion as well and appreciate you saying so about mine. 

I also agree that Terry, is on the downside of his career but I do feel he is more more mobile than Ray Allen is at this point in his career so I think terry + Lee is an upgrade over Ray. Having said that I fear Ray Allen with the heat. With that team he is going to get a lot of open looks. 

Wilcox is a better rebounder than you think. he averaged 4.4 last year in 17 minutes a game. If he plays starter minutes that's a bout 9 a game. Granted it doesn't make him Kevin Love but really he is a pretty solid rebounder. No post game at all though but for the vets min he might be a steal. 

Your right about Sully and he shot 35% in the summer league. Not a great percentage. He did hire a personal Chef,  so hopefully conditioning will improve.

Anyway I think next year will be fun all around. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

The Celtics did not do nearly enough to compete with the Heat for the Leastern conference. Cool

The Pacers have a better shot at knocking the Heat out than the pathetic C's  LMAO

hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: really, what did C's do this offseason? : Don't worry, hedleylamar says a lot of delusional things such as: "Steve Nash will be a Knick".  hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! ROFLMAO
    Posted by BynumizaHERO[/QUOTE]

rkarp made the 20-2 comment, I said it was realistic

Steve Nash said he wanted to play for the Knicks, then changed his mind

You are a fool!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: really, what did C's do this offseason? : JT, I respect your opinion. Well said. I guess we differ on Wilcox. I think he is a terrible rebounder, and worse offensive player. We half way agree on Terry. He can score, albeit not as well as he used to. He cant guard Nutter and his 18ppg in college however, and he is really a poor pg with hiogh TO ratio and poor court vision. As I have said, I like Lee As I have also said, Sully is intruiging. Great hands and feet. I worry about his reach and his conditioning. So far I really like him.
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

He said the same thing I've been saying for two weeks, you clown!!  Your shtick grows old, yente!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: really, what did C's do this offseason? : LMAO - Look kid, 14-6 is realistic for this Celtics team playing in such a weak conference, 20-2 is just flat out delusional. Thanks for playing AGAIN!

Did the Celtics move to the west. The Runner up conference? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: really, what did C's do this offseason? : LMAO - Look kid, 14-6 is realistic for this Celtics team playing in such a weak conference, 20-2 is just flat out delusional. Thanks for playing AGAIN!

Funny stuff, tool!  So, your problem is with what rkarp said, not me!
    Thanks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

The Celtics have had a very good offseason.  They addressed pressing needs.  But it is just the offseason and championships aren't won in July.  However, they have definitely laid the foundation for continued success in the eastern conference.  The Celtics addressed their most important need - DEPTH.  There is nobody in the draft that the Celtics could have picked up who would "fix" their rebounding issues.  It's a series of pick ups, draft picks and re-signings that brought in the players who will, all together, fill the holes from last season.

The Celtics relied on an injured Pietrus who could not hit the side of a barn with his shot, Ryan Hollins, Daniels, Sasha and Dooling for bench production.  None of these players have ever provided consistent ANYTHING (rebounding, scoring, defense).  Pietrus was the closest with his defense.  Other than that, the Celtics got inconsistent contributions from these guys.

The Celtics "fixed" their lack of depth with better players with better skillsets.  Rebounding was a major issue last season.  However, if Sully grabs 7 a game, Lee grabs 4 and Green grabs 5, the Celtics will be a much better rebounding team next season.  We'll be better the way we've always been better - team effort.  In addition, having better bench players will allow KG and PP to play fewer minutes which will have them fresher and more effective come playoff time.

If you cannot trust your bench (Dooling, Pietrus, Hollins, Stiemsma, Sasha), the starters will have to play extended minutes and THAT caused our demise last season.  I think Doc will trust Green, Terry, Sully and AB/Lee and, because they're better than Dooling, Pietrus, Hollins, Stiemsma and Sasha, they will contribute more and take some of the burden off the starters (especially PP and KG).

I would go so far as to say that if KG, PP and RA were able to play 9-10 fewer minutes per game last playoffs AND we got great bench production from 3 bench guys, the Celtics would be champions, not Miami.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]The Celtics have had a very good offseason.  They addressed pressing needs.  But it is just the offseason and championships aren't won in July.  However, they have definitely laid the foundation for continued success in the eastern conference.  The Celtics addressed their most important need - DEPTH.  There is nobody in the draft that the Celtics could have picked up who would "fix" their rebounding issues.  It's a series of pick ups, draft picks and re-signings that brought in the players who will, all together, fill the holes from last season. The Celtics relied on an injured Pietrus who could not hit the side of a barn with his shot, Ryan Hollins, Daniels, Sasha and Dooling for bench production.  None of these players have ever provided consistent ANYTHING (rebounding, scoring, defense).  Pietrus was the closest with his defense.  Other than that, the Celtics got inconsistent contributions from these guys. The Celtics "fixed" their lack of depth with better players with better skillsets.  Rebounding was a major issue last season.  However, if Sully grabs 7 a game, Lee grabs 4 and Green grabs 5, the Celtics will be a much better rebounding team next season.  We'll be better the way we've always been better - team effort.  In addition, having better bench players will allow KG and PP to play fewer minutes which will have them fresher and more effective come playoff time. If you cannot trust your bench (Dooling, Pietrus, Hollins, Stiemsma, Sasha), the starters will have to play extended minutes and THAT caused our demise last season.  I think Doc will trust Green, Terry, Sully and AB/Lee and, because they're better than Dooling, Pietrus, Hollins, Stiemsma and Sasha, they will contribute more and take some of the burden off the starters (especially PP and KG). I would go so far as to say that if KG, PP and RA were able to play 9-10 fewer minutes per game last playoffs AND we got great bench production from 3 bench guys, the Celtics would be champions, not Miami.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

+1

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

I will not respond to Bynumzazero. If I was a faker fan I wouldn't laugh at anybody else's playoff hopes. there's suck. rkarp, how can you seriously ask us to believe you are a media guy. "if not spectacular' means I believe it was slightly less than spectacular, but solid. Then you ask me to explain how it was spectacular? LOL. I told you I was a baller. I ask if you played and you said....nothing. i'll take that as a no. "Because I said so" was YOUR analysis and you accuse it of being mine. Bwaa! You remember saying that you don't care what basketball people think? You know better than Danny and Doc, right? I saw Sully in HS and college. He can 'bound. Wilcox has always been a good rebounder, at Maryland and in the league. has no post up game, but will rebound and run the floor. You are just wrong about Terry, because Doc says so as does his track record. Make fun of my career all you want. I got my degree, had a blast and played til i was forty. I'm 50 now and I guarentee Terry could guard me and you could not. Unlike you, I am a Celtics fan. I loved Havlicek and Cowens. But hell i loved Kevin Stacom and Steve Kuberski. And I don't need no stinkin encyclopedia to remember them or Jeff Judkins or Jim Ard or Terry Duerod or Glen McDonald or Charles Bradley or Connor Henry or...Lester Fonville. (That guy didn't even make our team). Don't you tell me I don't know basketball or the NBA Mr Sportwriter (and we all know you aren't one).

Sections
Shortcuts