4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: Rebounding: Addition by Subtraction

In Response to Re: Rebounding: Addition by Subtraction:
    Another 2010 Finals FACT The Lakers outrebounded the Celts in 4 of the 7 games of that Finals series. That means the Lakers won the rebounding battle 4 times out of the 7 total games. And in ALL THE 3 CELTIC WINS, the Celts outrebounded the Lakers in all those wins!
    Posted by Fiercest34

Fortunately, we only play the twin tower Lakers twice in a season, once on each court. They usually shoot 35-40% and we a better 35-45% but their 10+ rebounds gives their mediocre shooters, except for Kobe, extra chances.  Now with Nash, they have one less mediocre shooter. One of the reasons we shot well was Ray's 3s...won't have that anymore.  Yup, I agree with many posts that with younger players & good wing rebounders, Wilcox, Lee, Green, Bass etc. & now, hopefully, Sully, we'll not be last in rebounding. Plus we have the best rebounding guard in the game, Rondo...and AB ain't a bad rebounder either.  Of course, we still have KG but he's thin, older & not a Banger & probably plays best away from under the basket offensively so he can shoot those deadly 5-15 footers. But, the pressure will be on us to shoot 40-45% and then we need not worry so much about rebounds !!! Still would have liked a big man..even if he fouled out but caused some havoc under the basket offensively & defensively. !!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

Re: Rebounding: Addition by Subtraction

In Response to Re: Rebounding: Addition by Subtraction:
    Another 2010 Finals FACT The Lakers outrebounded the Celts in 4 of the 7 games of that Finals series. That means the Lakers won the rebounding battle 4 times out of the 7 total games. And in ALL THE 3 CELTIC WINS, the Celts outrebounded the Lakers in all those wins!
    Posted by Fiercest34

I agree that rebounding the ball is very important. But when you win the match and at the same time you're the winner of the rebounding battle i think the latter is only a consequence of many other factors. Yes, in certain situations it could be the decisive factor. But you win mainly because you're better than your opponent.
    Every team has its own liabilities and i don't think that rebounds are more important than some other facets of the game. In my opinion if you have a very good team it all comes down to who is your team's best player.

And i didn't make any research but i can name a few examples:

91-93: Best Player in th Finals - Jordan, the winner - the Bulls
    94-95: Olajuwon, the Rockets
    96-98: Jordan, the Bulls
    99,03,05,07: Duncan, the Spurs
    00-02: O'Neal, LA
    04: oopsSmile
    06: Wade, the Heat
    08: Pierce (Garnett), the Celtics
    09-10: Bryant (Gasol), LA
    11: Nowitzki, the Mavs
    12: James, the Heat