Rebounding Could be our Archilles Heel....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Rebounding Could be our Archilles Heel....

OK, I know I'm not being Sherlock Holmes here but our being last or next to last in rebounding has been an issue for a couple of years...since Perk went down in Game 6 vs LA in 2010.

I am happy, of course, we beat GS last night & we did it as we have in many games losing the rebound battle by playing good "D" & shooting a higher %.  GS had 54 rebs to our 44 so +10 extra chances. To compensate, thankfully, despite KG & Terry not having good shooting nights, the team shot 48% to their 34%. Dave Lee is probably the best reboundig PF and he pulled in 19. KG and PP had 13 and 8 respectively. All of KG's were defensive rebs. When you shoot 48%, I guess you need not worry so critically about a reb as opposed to GS shooting 34%. Doc has our team on a missed shot going back immediately rather than going for an offensive reb and this tactic, since we don't have a dominating big man, has helped our "D" & prevents many fast break points.

Needless to say, if we shot 35-40%, we would probably have lost the game and I don't think we can shoot 45-50% every night. I really want us to at least break even on rebs or be a +5 or +10. I am still in the camp since we have Crawford, Williams, Lee, Bradley, Terry and even old slow PP can bring the ball up, trade Rondo for Cousins & Evans( a bonus) & with KG, Sully, Wilcox & maybe Melo developing, we could win a title in the next 2 years for KG & PP to bow out with rings.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

Re: Rebounding Could be our Archilles Heel....

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

OK, I know I'm not being Sherlock Holmes here but our being last or next to last in rebounding has been an issue for a couple of years...since Perk went down in Game 6 vs LA in 2010.

I am happy, of course, we beat GS last night & we did it as we have in many games losing the rebound battle by playing good "D" & shooting a higher %.  GS had 54 rebs to our 44 so +10 extra chances. To compensate, thankfully, despite KG & Terry not having good shooting nights, the team shot 48% to their 34%. Dave Lee is probably the best reboundig PF and he pulled in 19. KG and PP had 13 and 8 respectively. All of KG's were defensive rebs. When you shoot 48%, I guess you need not worry so critically about a reb as opposed to GS shooting 34%. Doc has our team on a missed shot going back immediately rather than going for an offensive reb and this tactic, since we don't have a dominating big man, has helped our "D" & prevents many fast break points.

Needless to say, if we shot 35-40%, we would probably have lost the game and I don't think we can shoot 45-50% every night. I really want us to at least break even on rebs or be a +5 or +10. I am still in the camp since we have Crawford, Williams, Lee, Bradley, Terry and even old slow PP can bring the ball up, trade Rondo for Cousins & Evans( a bonus) & with KG, Sully, Wilcox & maybe Melo developing, we could win a title in the next 2 years for KG & PP to bow out with rings.

like global warming, nobody seems concerned about the Celtic poor rebounding.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from santafesino. Show santafesino's posts

A team can rebound when one or two players play in the paint. KG. Bass,Green, pierce, AB, Terry, Lee, Crawford. they are playing on offense, shooting from afar or are open to receive and shoot. the only naturally play in the paint is Wilcox and Sully. thus, all the rivals of the Celtics have secured the defensive rebound, and like most places one or two forwards in the paint, earning some offensive rebounds. our team does not have a rebounder by nature

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

In response to santafesino's comment:

A team can rebound when one or two players play in the paint. KG. Bass,Green, pierce, AB, Terry, Lee, Crawford. they are playing on offense, shooting from afar or are open to receive and shoot. the only naturally play in the paint is Wilcox and Sully. thus, all the rivals of the Celtics have secured the defensive rebound, and like most places one or two forwards in the paint, earning some offensive rebounds. our team does not have a rebounder by nature

We will live and die with our defense and shooting % This year!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Its been an issue for years, so yes, you are not being Sherlock with that one;-)

We lost the '10 title more b/c of injuries and officiating, with rebounds a distant 3rd... but ever since 2009 this team has been horrendous on the boards and it isn't changing anytime soon

Sections
Shortcuts