Rebounding

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Rebounding

If we don't make a trade for a rebounding type player there is one other option. Team REBOUNDING  which is exactly what we did last nite. Not sure why we can't do that on a more routine basis. 
    Different subject-  why does Pietrus only get 15 minutes a game unless its a blowout or someone is injured?  He has played better than I thought he would and is full of energy and is TOUGH.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Rebounding

In Response to Rebounding:
    [QUOTE]If we don't make a trade for a rebounding type player there is one other option. Team REBOUNDING  which is exactly what we did last nite. Not sure why we can't do that on a more routine basis.  Different subject-  why does Pietrus only get 15 minutes a game unless its a blowout or someone is injured?  He has played better than I thought he would and is full of energy and is TOUGH.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Agree with you on both points.  Many players on this team should be rebounding on a more consistent basis.  Not sure why it doesn't happen more often.  Pietrus should be playing more minutes.  He has been a great addition to this team and deserves more playing time. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pietrus is everything you want in a player.  We need to find some more.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Rebounding:
    [QUOTE]Pietrus is everything you want in a player.  We need to find some more.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I guess everything we want in a player is one that will contribute for 2-3 games, then go to the bench and start playing 15 minutes a game so that we can overuse Ray and Paul again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Agree with your point on rebounding.  I think as bass and wilcox get better, they will help with the Boards and as Rondo gets more healthy, he will help, as well.

On Pietrus, you'll see him more in games where we might be ahead.  But if we are behind, Doc seems to think we need instant offense and will play Ray and Paul more because those are his two best scoring options, as we say last night.   Doc cannot bring himself to sacrifice a win in the name of development of the other players.  He's always been that way since the Big 3 have been here, right or wrong.

I think Pietrus should get about 25% of the total minutes available to the 2 and 3 position, Ray should get 30%, and Paul should get 35%.  The rest should go to Moore and others.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

With the constant rotating defense being played it is hard to box out. When the team can not box out it comes down to quickness to the ball. For the C's older players that is difficult. We have some younger players that are quick but do not have much length.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rebounding : I guess everything we want in a player is one that will contribute for 2-3 games, then go to the bench and start playing 15 minutes a game so that we can overuse Ray and Paul again.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    I am with you all the way. He should be playing 25 to 30 minutes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

calvinator,

every team in basketball above the middle school level rotates at some point in time so i do not think that defensive rotation is a good enough reason for the celtics lack of rebounding.

just get in front of someone on the other team, make some kind of contact and often a rebound is yours.  not complicated-just comes from effort.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

I keep telling you Doc is a great locker room coach and stinks as a game time coach. HE WILL NEVER CHANGE!!! That is an IQ thing. He is not cognicent of what happens during the game, after the game and at the next game. 

The definition of crazy: Keep doing the same thing over and over and expect a different result. Doc is driving us crazy.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Ray Allen had 5 rebounds against the Knicks. If continues to do that then the Celts will become a decent rebounding team. When Ray didn't play and Pietrus or Sasha was starting, the Celts averaged 40.75 rebounds per game. Last night Ray got 5 boards and the Celts outrebounded the Knicks 40-37.  Regardless, the Celts still need another big man better than JO. JO is hurt again in case some of you didn't know. This this he had an MRI on the other knee. Again, the Celts will not go far in the playoffs if Ainge doesn't tweak the roster. This Celts team is a very good team. It's just one big man away from being an elite team.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

As Doc said today in his postgame, "We are a team rebounding team, with Paul and Rondo rebounding with the bigs and any type rebounding we can get out of the guard position"  That is who we got to be. Everyone rebounding and continue to play outstanding defense like we have been doing for a couple weeks now.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Rebounding is an obvious deficiency, but the current team can be a much better rebounding team if they give more effort. I think if healthy the C's wont be consistently poor at rebounding in the playoffs. The current schedule is rough on the older players

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]I keep telling you Doc is a great locker room coach and stinks as a game time coach. HE WILL NEVER CHANGE!!! That is an IQ thing. He is not cognicent of what happens during the game, after the game and at the next game.  The definition of crazy: Keep doing the same thing over and over and expect a different result. Doc is driving us crazy.
    Posted by celticsince1958[/QUOTE]

Maybe you know  what his IQ is, but if that was a requirement for coaching, then you could just get some nutty porfessor to coach.You can't see a GREAT coach when you see him

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Rebounding": [QUOTE]I keep telling you Doc is a great locker room coach and stinks as a game time coach. HE WILL NEVER CHANGE!!! That is an IQ thing. He is not cognicent of what happens during the game, after the game and at the next game.  The definition of crazy: Keep doing the same thing over and over and expect a different result. Doc is driving us crazy. Posted by celticsince1958[/QUOTE] I wonder what your IQ is if you can't see a good coach of a team that consistently performs Top 5 in the league. They may just climb back to Top 5 again this year the way they're playing.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Congrats to Eli Manning and the NY Giants.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Rebounding": [QUOTE]The last time Eli Manning and the Giants beat the Pats the Celts went on to win the NBA Finals. Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE] That would be SWEEEEEET!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rebounding : Celts are the #1 3pt shooting team and #2 in points allowed and opponent's FG%. Defense and 3pt shooting, 2 things the Mavs well did last year to get to the Finals. All we need is an upgrade over JO and we'll be back in the Finals.

LOL.
    Two weeks ago all you were talking about was getting Andre Drummond or Anthony Davis in the draft.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rebounding : Besides, we already discussed the possibility of trading cap space for a lottery pick, right?

Oh, yeah, which college?  I'll never make it past high school coach - and it took me a long time to get to Varsity!!