Rebounding

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Rebounding

As everyone is aware we have had our problems rebounding the last few years.  I am not usually into predictions but I will make this one.  We have been near the bottom of the league for a while now,  I think we will be somewhere around the middle of the pack this year as a team rebounding wise.  The reasons:

1.  If we play uptempo like it appears we will,  there will be more shots put up so we will get more rebounds.  To me that is the biggest reason we were under 40 rpg.  We slowed the game down,  took less shots than most teams, so they generally took less shots as well.  Of course every year we hear how we want to play a more fast break style game, but we usually slide right back into what we are.  Doc will have to continue to emphasize running.  Will he do it?

2.  We are more athletic than in pervious years.  We will get to more loose rebounds.  Guys like Lee and Bradley will chase those down.  I remember so many times watching Ray pretty much stand there and watch a close rebound and not make a effort to get it.  I think our youth will help out there.  Not a knock on Ray,  just the way he plays as he has gotten older.

3.  This may be the biggest. Sullinger.  If he gets minutes our rebounds will increase a lot.  He is one of those players that has a nose for the ball.  It is easy to see when you watch him. Not saying he is Rodman, but has that same nose for the ball.

Can't wait for this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Rebounding

Sully is more polished offensively as a 20 year old than Rodman ever was...............if he can give us SOME of the rebounding Rodman gave his teams, he will be a true find!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sully is more polished offensively as a 20 year old than Rodman ever was...............if he can give us SOME of the rebounding Rodman gave his teams, he will be a true find!

[/QUOTE]

i agree...and sully can score...we still hav'nt seen his range yet....15-20 feet? he can even hit the 3's.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rebounding will be our biggest problem unless Darko can become a force on the inside. Sully is going to score and grab his share but it will be difficult for him to get the Rodman type of rebounds.  Sully and Rodman are at different ends of the spectrum when it comes to athletic ability.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Thats exactly what Sully will give is... SOME of the rebounding Rodman gave his teams.. cause Sully wont board anywhere near like the Worm did, not even in the conversation.

Many of the rebounds we lost the past few years had a lot to do with older feet unable to move and get the ball. How many times we saw JON or Shaq or KG watch the ball as younger opponents took of and grabbed it. We need some young legs up front..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

A young Rodman weighed like 215-220 and was an elite defender of small and power forwards alike. He is like an Artest who swapped out shooting 3 bad 3's a game for an extra 5-6 boards.

Of the new kids in the league Kenneth Faried, who had a bunch of 10+ rebounding games down the stretch last year, is someone i'd compare to a young Rodman, not Sully.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A young Rodman weighed like 215-220 and was an elite defender of small and power forwards alike. He is like an Artest who swapped out shooting 3 bad 3's a game for an extra 5-6 boards.

Of the new kids in the league Kenneth Faried, who had a bunch of 10+ rebounding games down the stretch last year, is someone i'd compare to a young Rodman, not Sully.

[/QUOTE]

the only comparison to Rodman was his nose for the ball.  There was no comparson implied about athletic ability.

Sections
Shortcuts