Rebuild

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

Rebuild

Is it possible if we go full out on a rebuild to trade Rondo to Charlotte for both their first rounders this year 9 + 24 then we would have 6 + 9 + 17 + 24 that would be pretty strong

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Rebuild

In response to vegasredsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is it possible if we go full out on a rebuild to trade Rondo to Charlotte for both their first rounders this year 9 + 24 then we would have 6 + 9 + 17 + 24 that would be pretty strong

[/QUOTE]Charlotte seems to be reasonably happy with Kemba Walker at PG. Younger, cheaper, better all around player. Less baggage.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why would Charlotte do that?

Walker is better than Rondo already for a lot of reasons, so whats the point.  However, even if you felt Rondo was an upgrade for Charlotte, it wouldnt be much of an upgrade  and hes certainly not worth 2 first rounders.

It might make better sense if Walker was taller than 6'1 and could possibly move to the 2 position, cause the man can sure shoot the ball.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Do people actually believe what they post around this forum??  All I see is a bunch of garbage.  It seems like you all think that teams owe the Celtics something and will simply give things to them.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Do people actually believe what they post around this forum??  All I see is a bunch of garbage.  It seems like you all think that teams owe the Celtics something and will simply give things to them.....

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I don't think many people actually believe what they write on here.  We know we are not GM's, and most of us are looking for opinions of others.

Celtics fans, of course, we're not really interested in the opinions of Kingface trolls!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I don't think many people actually believe what they write on here.  We know we are not GM's, and most of us are looking for opinions of others.

Celtics fans, of course, we're not really interested in the opinions of Kingface trolls!

[/QUOTE]

Wow......first I'm Mr. Negative and now I'm a troll??  The original post is simply nonsensical.  There is no way that trade would ever happen nor is it fair.  Why would a team that is trying to rebuild as well give us two chips that will help them rebuild for a player who still needs to prove he is over his surgery??  Heck.....if we are all sharing silly ideas here's one.....  Why not trade Sully, Oly and Bass for Lebron James??  I'm sure Miami would be all over that!  It would give them some great young player to build their future around!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Wow......first I'm Mr. Negative and now I'm a troll??  The original post is simply nonsensical.  There is no way that trade would ever happen nor is it fair.  Why would a team that is trying to rebuild as well give us two chips that will help them rebuild for a player who still needs to prove he is over his surgery??  Heck.....if we are all sharing silly ideas here's one.....  Why not trade Sully, Oly and Bass for Lebron James??  I'm sure Miami would be all over that!  It would give them some great young player to build their future around!!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I agree it's not realistic.  But rather than calling someone stupid, I just wouldn't respond to it.  I was not going to respond to this thread at all, because I think the trade is a little far-fetched.  It's called respecting others' opinions, and perhaps you should learn it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I agree it's not realistic.  But rather than calling someone stupid, I just wouldn't respond to it.  I was not going to respond to this thread at all, because I think the trade is a little far-fetched.  It's called respecting others' opinions, and perhaps you should learn it.

[/QUOTE]

I understand and I do apologize as yes....I was a bit rude in that first post.  I guess I'm just getting sick and tired of seeing such silly trade ideas with no regard for the other team......

I guess i slept on the wrong side of the cage last night..... 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

I understand and I do apologize as yes....I was a bit rude in that first post.  I guess I'm just getting sick and tired of seeing such silly trade ideas with no regard for the other team......

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Great post - truce, man.  You are a good Celtics fan!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

WE are fans with opinions...nothing wrong at all with that. Those with opinions who start threads have the courage to face backlash which happens frequently in a discussion board filled with strong opinions. I honor both sides....

In regards to some postings about trades, yes, some are asinine and silly, magical thinking based free association drivel...But, it's a byproduct of fans wishing their team to get better faster than the old fashioned way. Lightning ain't striking twice folks, there will be no magical mega trade(s) or deals like the ones that brought both KG and J. Shuttlesworth here at the same time if for no other reason that no other GM's want to be notches on DA and the Celtic's gun handle because of deals that helped the C's win another championship like the kind Red pulled on so many GM's before DA.

Are some of the proposed trades childish nonsense? Yeppers to that. Do they engender trade and team talk. Yeppers to that also. It's the wired time before the draft when true fans dream big and want their teams to improve. Silly season will fade as soon as harsh reality settles in 24 hours after the draft.

Peace to my fellow Sons of Stevens!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

[QUOTE]

Why would Charlotte do that?

Walker is better than Rondo already for a lot of reasons, so whats the point.  However, even if you felt Rondo was an upgrade for Charlotte, it wouldnt be much of an upgrade  and hes certainly not worth 2 first rounders.

It might make better sense if Walker was taller than 6'1 and could possibly move to the 2 position, cause the man can sure shoot the ball.

[/QUOTE]

Since I've dusted off my Dale Carnegie "Power of Positive Thinking" and am California Dreaming too I agree that Charlotte would be stupid to offer 9 & 24 for Rondo but let's give them a choice of 3 or 4 of the following too, Wallace, Bass, Green, Hump(although I like him a lot), Pressey & Bayless...clean house of much of our garbage and rebuild like OKC and GS have done through the draft. Curry & Thompson, best frontcourt in the game I think, with Barnes are all starter first rounders. They took the Spurs to 7 games without Bogut and maybe they'd be playing the Heat in the finals. Hate the Heat...go Spurs !!! And Stevens, a former College coach, is best suited to build a team with a bunch of young guys. But, bring PP back to play 15 min per game & retire in Green.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm certain Charlotte has contacted Danny multiple times, but he has remained firm.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

or we can go for a COMPLETE rebuild a field an ALL- ROOKIE TEAM!

1) we trade J. Green and Sully to Charlotte for #9 & #24.

2) we trade Rondo and Bass to Phoenix for #14,18 & 27.

3) we trade Kelly  & Fav to OKC for #21 & 29 picks

now we have Wallace and his un-moveable contract, Pressey, C. Johnson, Babb, Joel Anthony and Iverson (who we sign to a 5 year deal).

BUT!!!

we have NINE first round picks in the draft to end all drafts!!

Just THINK of the possibilities!

6. Randle

9. McDermott

14. J, Young

17. E. Payton

18. A. Payne

21. TJ Warren

24. Capela

27. Nurkic

29. CJ Wilcox

what a roster!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

We will need a day care director

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We will need a day care director

[/QUOTE]

Next Celtics dancers audition, primary skill requirement is extensive baby-sitting experience?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

or we can go for a COMPLETE rebuild a field an ALL- ROOKIE TEAM!

1) we trade J. Green and Sully to Charlotte for #9 & #24.

2) we trade Rondo and Bass to Phoenix for #14,18 & 27.

3) we trade Kelly  & Fav to OKC for #21 & 29 picks

now we have Wallace and his un-moveable contract, Pressey, C. Johnson, Babb, Joel Anthony and Iverson (who we sign to a 5 year deal).

BUT!!!

we have NINE first round picks in the draft to end all drafts!!

Just THINK of the possibilities!

6. Randle

9. McDermott

14. J, Young

17. E. Payton

18. A. Payne

21. TJ Warren

24. Capela

27. Nurkic

29. CJ Wilcox

what a roster!!!

=============================================

I am not opposed to something like what you suggest. Golden State has Curry & Thompson, best front court in the game, I think, and Barnes all 1st rounders who start. They took the Spurs to 7 games w/o Bogut the last two & if he didn't get hurt, they might be playing Miami now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

just finished watching 30 for 30: the Detroit pistons.  Brought back memories. The Celtics starting 5 could take Detroit any time. What got the Pistons over the hump was their incredible depth. They had several guys that could control the paint (Mahorn, Laimbeer, Salley, Rodman, Edwards) , a guy(Rodman) that could shut down your very best player, guys that could shoot the lights out (Thomas, Dumars, Johnson, Dantley). With all of the picks that Boston has why not try and become deep instead of focusing on 3 superstars? I would be ecstatic if Boston were to draft guys like Vonleh or Gordon with the 6th and a guy that could light up the scoreboard like T.J. Warren. Perhaps pickup a Center like Greg Monroe, maybe even pickup up Stephenson from Indiana. Getting a guy like Tony Allen who could shut down 1's, 2's, and 3's would be really nice.

Identity is incredibly important. During the KG era, Boston became synonymous with defense and toughness. I hope that Ainge considers this before making any moves to get Kevin Love who does not play defense (neither does Carmelo Anthony). Depth is a good thing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well cabin fever will do that to real fans, but who do you pull for?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well cabin fever will do that to real fans, but who do you pull for?

[/QUOTE]

Not Romney.......

Sections
Shortcuts