Rebuilding through the Draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Rebuilding through the Draft

Well...since Danny made no trades, and it looks like they actually want to build around Rondo, this offseason is mostly about the draft. There is no Howard, and Williams is a PG, so there's no stars to be had via free agency. So what do you do?

I think you have to go with a Center with the first pick, either of the Zellers or Leonard if they are available. 7 footers or taller who can bang inside...no need to have a stretch C. That leaves you two deep at PG, PF and C with the players already under contract. You're "stuck" with Pierce at the SF, although a draft day trade could be in the cards there as well, and Moore is there at SG. I'd spend the other two picks on athletic swingmen...or a refind player who can shoot and a crazy Gerald Green athlete type to round it out. And then I throw money at Eric Gordon if his knee looks alright.

That leaves you with

PG Rondo, Bradley
    SG Gordon, Moore, pick
    SF Pierce, Pick, maybe Jeff Green
    PF Bass, Johnson
    C Pick, Steamer

There's actually a lot of potential in that lineup, not right away, but in a year or two, possibly adding another high pick the next season. I think the way to go about it is the way the Thunder have built their squad. Young guys coming up together.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Rebuilding through the Draft

In Response to Rebuilding through the Draft:
    [QUOTE]Well...since Danny made no trades, and it looks like they actually want to build around Rondo, this offseason is mostly about the draft. There is no Howard, and Williams is a PG, so there's no stars to be had via free agency. So what do you do? I think you have to go with a Center with the first pick, either of the Zellers or Leonard if they are available. 7 footers or taller who can bang inside...no need to have a stretch C. That leaves you two deep at PG, PF and C with the players already under contract. You're "stuck" with Pierce at the SF, although a draft day trade could be in the cards there as well, and Moore is there at SG. I'd spend the other two picks on athletic swingmen...or a refind player who can shoot and a crazy Gerald Green athlete type to round it out. And then I throw money at Eric Gordon if his knee looks alright. That leaves you with PG Rondo, Bradley SG Gordon, Moore, pick SF Pierce, Pick, maybe Jeff Green PF Bass, Johnson C Pick, Steamer There's actually a lot of potential in that lineup, not right away, but in a year or two, possibly adding another high pick the next season. I think the way to go about it is the way the Thunder have built their squad. Young guys coming up together.
    Posted by jgallag1[/QUOTE]

Don't get hung up on the crazy notion that Danny wanted to rebuild around Rondo... what you should be content about is that attempting to think that occasionally some people are much much much smarter than Danny... Danny would have loved to have built around someone other than Rondo... the problem is that everytime Danny called someone about Rondo he heard a very loud CLICK... in other words Danny has vastly overrated Rondo's worth and gut stuck with someone that he was someone he was trying to get rid of because he realizes he is not a player he can build around.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In Response to Re: Rebuilding through the Draft:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Rebuilding through the Draft : Don't get hung up on the crazy notion that Danny wanted to rebuild around Rondo... what you should be content about is that attempting to think that occasionally some people are much much much smarter than Danny... Danny would have loved to have built around someone other than Rondo... the problem is that everytime Danny called someone about Rondo he heard a very loud CLICK... in other words Danny has vastly overrated Rondo's worth and gut stuck with someone that he was someone he was trying to get rid of because he realizes he is not a player he can build around.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

It was much better in here when you wern't around...go away

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Rebuilding through the Draft:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Rebuilding through the Draft : Don't get hung up on the crazy notion that Danny wanted to rebuild around Rondo... what you should be content about is that attempting to think that occasionally some people are much much much smarter than Danny... Danny would have loved to have built around someone other than Rondo... the problem is that everytime Danny called someone about Rondo he heard a very loud CLICK... in other words Danny has vastly overrated Rondo's worth and gut stuck with someone that he was someone he was trying to get rid of because he realizes he is not a player he can build around.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I know you think you know everything but the reality is that you dont know squat about the behind the scene stuff with the Celtics....you really seem like an angry unhappy person and not sure you get on a forum that is suppose to be fun.......??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

DA wants to rebuild around R9R about as much as I want my next root canal to be done... without Novocain.

The proposed trade of R9R + Green + pics + pieces for a rental CP3 is the clue to just how much DA sees Rondo as a future building block.

Pud