recipe for disaster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

recipe for disaster

For the record, I was one of the 33% (globe survey) to have liked the KP/NR for Krystic/Green trade.   KG does need a bruiser on the front line w/ him.   But, this is basketball, not football.   All players have to hold up their part of the game.   KP makes too many mistakes.  Can't set picks w/o moving, didn't go to the O board.   Actually, plays weak (how many times do players knock the ball out of his hands...doesn't happen w/ Shaq).
       But, now from what I hear, DA/Papile are showing their true ineptness.   Why would they want Corey Brewer?   He hasn't showed any NBA greatness.   All you're doing is duplicating what you already have.   Who is he gonna take minutes from?   Green?   Hopefully, not VW who is starting to get comfortable now that Doc is giving him minutes.   DA/Papile is always trying to aquire players from their hs or distant college careers.   Often, also if players have a history of playing well against the C's (Scal, Krystic).   Brewer may be ok in another space and time.   But, not at this time.
       I'm not a big Troy Murphy fan.   Why hasn't the Pacers been good w/ him?   His numbers aren't all that bad.   Good example on how stats can be decieving.   Times I've seen him play, he plays soft (? Jeff Green).   Why a lot of hs or college 'superstars' don't make it in the nba.   Their game is too laid back.   If they even try to get mean, then they foul too much.   If it's not their nature, then they can't keep up the intensity for 82 games.
       I'm still a Leon Powe fan.   Undersized (like BB), but has a basic mean streak and competative nature.   Is there hard feelings w/ both parties?
       My scouting report on Krystic:   really is slow.   But, he is bigger than I thought.   He's crashed the O board more times in 2gms for the C's than KP has done in all his games.   Against the LAC he had ? 6 offensive boards!!!   RR and Doc/Franks have to realize he's a jump shooter and run pick and pop type plays.   He hustles like, but not as athletic as Varajeo.
       Jeff Green:   Taller and longer than I thought.   How come he's isn't one of the big3 of OKC?   I think he's maybe too laid back.   Dennis Rodman had his size but would knock over a relative if need be.   JG seems to me that he's wipe the dust off your back.   Bob Ryan did mention something like that.   He'll have to prove he can knock down a wide open J in the clutch a la Ariza, Artest, Posey, or even RButler (ex of the Clips).
       If you believe in stats, then don't tell me I don't know my stuff.   2 players I suggested the C's try to get last off season have as good of stats as anybody on the C's bench, who they have aquired or who the C's are rumoured to get.   Brad Miller and Earl Boykins!   Check them out.   Imagine the C's bench if they had those two w/ Powe and DW.   C's wouldn't need to make all these moves now other than to replace MDaniels.   And, they wouldn't have cost anything extraordinary!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: recipe for disaster

Brad Miller? Earl Boykins?

HAHAHA!!!

You're really funny, man!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Boykins is barely 5 foot 5 inches. And Brad Miller is like one of those collection of Laker players from Jurassic Park! 

The Celtics don't need to let Brewer play. It's better the Celts acquire Brewer for the vet's minimum than Brewer ending up with a potential postseason opponent of the Celtics!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I am about to go to bed and I laughed so hard my wife asked me what the heck was so funny.  I couldn't explain to her how funny it is to read that someone actually suggested that Earl Boykins could help a Celtic team that prides itself on defense.  Same for Brad Miller.  Wow.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

In Response to Re: recipe for disaster:
    [QUOTE]I am about to go to bed and I laughed so hard my wife asked me what the heck was so funny.  I couldn't explain to her how funny it is to read that someone actually suggested that Earl Boykins could help a Celtic team that prides itself on defense.  Same for Brad Miller.  Wow.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

And Chris Johnson is fat

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

jeez man.  the pacers were not good with troy murphy primarily because dunleavy stank so badly.  i mean he was horrible.  murphy progressed with that team, but murphy is never going to be or ever was an all-world type player.

boykins is not a player for a contending team.  he's 5-5 and will get posted up and exploited worse than hookers at a charlie sheen party.  brad miller- i don't know what to say- the guy has been yesterday's newspaper for 2-3 years now.  i think we have better pieces than that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Boykins and Miller? You're lost man, real lost. 

" I'm still a Leon Powe fan.   Undersized (like BB), but has a basic mean streak and competative nature.   Is there hard feelings w/ both parties?" 

You realize Powe blew out his knees right? You realize Powe would rather play than sit on the end of a bench looking mean right? Powe will go to a team that can offer him minutes. 

Finally, you don't like Murphy. OK. You still need to understand that the Celts getting him (and the Heat not getting him) is a big positive for us. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Many of you sound like a lot of GMs in football and basketball.   You can't pick and sign talent just to keep him away from other teams.   You have to make your own team better.   Get the best player for your own team.   You can aquire for matchups.   But, you can't lower your talent standards.
       Sorry to say, but I can tell a lot of you don't know the game or don't play the game (other than shoot in the driveway during family gatherings...lol).   C's had EHouse for 2plus yrs.   Who is gonna challenge me and tell me EH is a better defensive player than EB!   Paleeze!   You know how quick EB is...even at his age?   For all you stat lovers, EB shoots better fg and 3pt fg than Nate Robinson and EH.   How many steals does EB have compared to those two?
       All of you want to hate on Miller and have a love-in w/ JON?   I don't even need to say anything else to compare those two (including JON hasn't been healthy for 3 yrs).   JON couldn't even hang w/ DWade.   Paleeeze !!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]    Many of you sound like a lot of GMs in football and basketball.   You can't pick and sign talent just to keep him away from other teams.   You have to make your own team better.   Get the best player for your own team.   You can aquire for matchups.   But, you can't lower your talent standards.    Sorry to say, but I can tell a lot of you don't know the game or don't play the game (other than shoot in the driveway during family gatherings...lol).   C's had EHouse for 2plus yrs.   Who is gonna challenge me and tell me EH is a better defensive player than EB!   Paleeze!   You know how quick EB is...even at his age?   For all you stat lovers, EB shoots better fg and 3pt fg than Nate Robinson and EH.   How many steals does EB have compared to those two?    All of you want to hate on Miller and have a love-in w/ JON?   I don't even need to say anything else to compare those two (including JON hasn't been healthy for 3 yrs).   JON couldn't even hang w/ DWade.   Paleeeze !!
    Posted by docc[/QUOTE]
    As Trump would say "Your Fired."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrue. Show mtrue's posts

Well let me put it this way.  Would I be loyal to my gal if Jennifer Lopez came calling to me to 'help' her out.  I would remain loyal to my gal - despite temptation.  In big league sports its different.  As GM one has to make the best decision for the team.  Perk was not happy with his contract for next year - he had been a very good piece on a championship team - but we could get Jeff Green (help at the 3 position and a lottery pick), another big in Nenad Krstic and a draft pick.  Well if you are like me, the choice is take the deal.  We do not have to be loyal to our players like we are to the ladies in our life.  Solid analysis of a players value is essential and Perk just is not that great.  OKC has given him the deal - but IMO he is not worth the expenditure as he will not take them to the promised land. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Would the Celtics give Perk 36m for 4 years? 

HAHAHA!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]    Many of you sound like a lot of GMs in football and basketball.   You can't pick and sign talent just to keep him away from other teams.   You have to make your own team better.   Get the best player for your own team.   You can aquire for matchups.   But, you can't lower your talent standards.    Sorry to say, but I can tell a lot of you don't know the game or don't play the game (other than shoot in the driveway during family gatherings...lol).   C's had EHouse for 2plus yrs.   Who is gonna challenge me and tell me EH is a better defensive player than EB!   Paleeze!   You know how quick EB is...even at his age?   For all you stat lovers, EB shoots better fg and 3pt fg than Nate Robinson and EH.   How many steals does EB have compared to those two?    All of you want to hate on Miller and have a love-in w/ JON?   I don't even need to say anything else to compare those two (including JON hasn't been healthy for 3 yrs).   JON couldn't even hang w/ DWade.   Paleeeze !!
    Posted by docc[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'd rather have Eddie House than Earl Boykins!   Eddie is a better 3 point shooter and doesn't dominate the ball like Boykins.   And Nate....old news....that's why Danny traded him!!!  More importantly, all 3 are undersized and not needed on this team.  So, why you trying to sell us on going back to the House or Nate days with another tiny guard?   Danny tried it, it didn't work, and we moved on.  Why would you advocate making the same mistake (undersized guard) a THIRD time!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: recipe for disaster : Yes, I'd rather have Eddie House than Earl Boykins!   Eddie is a better 3 point shooter and doesn't dominate the ball like Boykins.   And Nate....old news....that's why Danny traded him!!!  More importantly, all 3 are undersized and not needed on this team.  So, why you trying to sell us on going back to the House or Nate days with another tiny guard?   Danny tried it, it didn't work, and we moved on.  Why would you advocate making the same mistake (undersized guard) a THIRD time!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Does he really have to spell docc with 2 C's?

HAHAHA!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

"But, now from what I hear, DA/Papile are showing their true ineptness.   Why would they want Corey Brewer?   He hasn't showed any NBA greatness.  

I'm not a big Troy Murphy fan.   Why hasn't the Pacers been good w/ him?  "

My answer from my other thread was:
        because buyouts & releases are 'REJECTS"

There is no WD-40 can't make these "REJECTS" unleash their rust while sitting   on the bench for the whole season.
    These wanna be fans are excited and thinks REJECTS are the salvations.

Green & krstic are the only legitimate trade.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Docc:

Your rants against Danny are getting really tiresome.  Danny is one of the smartest GMs in the NBA and knows more aboutn how to construct and refresh a team than either of us.  We'd have a championship and be a continuing contender if Chris Wallace was still the GM?  Danny has shown time and time again he knows what he's doing.  Does everything always work out?  Of course not.  It doesn't for anyone.  But he drafts smart, develops players until they have some value, exploits that value (or gets rid of them before people realize they don't), thinks long-term . . .  I don't get your vitriol.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Someone get this Docc a Real Doc!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Hey, #6.   You're right.   I don't drink the DA/Papile koolaid.   I don't think he drafts well at all.   You really just had to be better than LAL.   C's were.   Then what does he do?   He breaks it up!   I bet the C's have spent more $ trying to recover losing Powe and Posey than if he signed them.   Is that forsight?   He started fixin' something that wasn't broken and the result was last yr.   It was only a short window and he wanted to break down - build up etc.   It made no sense except he trying to show his prowess.   Now, he keeps trying to recover.   You (all) love DA/Papile.   I think w/ this Bost3 it will be a failure if they don't win more than once.   They had the starters you need.   Then they had the best bench which I feel DA screwed up.   I think it was also because House suggested Posey to the C's (well known fact.   look it up) cause he played w/ him in Miami.   DA probably wanted to show that he can get his players w/o any other's input.
       Again, I was one of the 1/3 who agreed w/ the KP's deal.   All of you who don't remember what this original topic was about (mtrue) go back and look.    Before anybody posts for the next week, they should state how they voted.   I don't mind telling why I don't drink the koolaid.   I don't mind saying and explaining why I dislike or like something.   By now, the C's should be sitting back watching other teams scramble to catch up to them (w/ little tinkering).   Instead DA/Papile are now scrambling around like their heads are cut off.
       I don't think it's Brewer time.   Only time will tell how clutch Murphy and Green are.   Do they have the clutch gene?   Posey showed it for the Heat and C's.   Only time will tell.
       Someone tell me a stat that any off the bench guard that the C's have or have talked about are better than Boykins.   And EB has played less min than all of them.   Steals, assist/to ratio, 3pt fg%.   Do you watch players?   Games?   Or just the Celtics'.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird-to-DJ. Show Bird-to-DJ's posts

Dude -- Sherman Douglas put up really good "stats" with the Celtics... Does anyone really think he was a great PG...  it is about context and what you bring...  Nate didn't seem to be bringing much and we no longer have to pay him..  Earl Boynkins... really?  Brad Miller I can see as a poor man's Raef at this point in his career, but look what he is paid... was utterly unrealistic we could have signed him at the time...

I was part of the 1/3rd so I am with you there, bu i t stops there.  Corey Brewer is a NO-LOSE proposition if we can sign him.  If he helps at the defensive end  great.  If not, we are paying him pro-rated vet minimum.  There is no DOWN SIDE.  There is also very little down side with Troy Murphy.  If he can't defend well enough, he doesn't play and he won't be in a Heat uniform.  If he proves to be better than Kristic then into the rotation he goes.  We are talking about plugging the possible holes and adding depth.  Both are better than any of the alternatives and are basically NO LOSE after the trade brings in two starters from a play-off OKC team.

Ur post goes off on a nearly irrelevant rant.  DA/Papille happen to have a number of other GMs also interested in the two of them...  The GAMBLE in the trade and buy-out signings is the health of SHAQ come the play-offs... everything else is secondary.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

I haven't drunk any koolaid.  I've been a Celtics fan for 45 years and haven't seen a GM/Coach combo like this since Red/Tommy.  I don't know what input Leo Papile still has, but it's Danny's team.  He didn't think Posey was worth 4 years, didn't think Perk was worth $10 mil.  (I'm with you on not condemning that trade right away), drafted TA, BBD, Big Al, Gomes, Perk, Delonte, Rondo . . . turned Jefferson and Gomes into KG, turned Green and Delonte into Ray Allen (and got them both back), didn't trust Leon's knees (and was probably right), saw House's shot go away and gambled (unsuccessfully) on replacing it with Starbury and then Nate.  He now turns Perk into Green/Krystic (we'll have to wait and see), rolled the dice on what Semih's and Luke's future value might be vs. their current value and rturened them into draft picks and Murphy.  I trust that his inside info on Marquis' and the O'Neals' prognoses was accurate.  If we wind up with Corey Brewer, we've basically got a young Bruce Bowen.  I see no downside unless the team plane crashes.

cheers --

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

wow.

Sections
Shortcuts